+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points to remember when applying for Citizenship

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
eileenf said:
OKK, check out this post. C1 RQ trigger (ID renewed with last 3 months) was revised sometime before Nov. 2012 according to new ATIP release. Looks like you had some good timing and good luck on that one!
I guess so. My Oath is next week :)

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
OKK, check out this post. C1 RQ trigger (ID renewed with last 3 months) was revised sometime before Nov. 2012 according to new ATIP release. Looks like you had some good timing and good luck on that one!

Does this trigger still hold true after Nov 2012??

You mean the above trigger was functional for applicants who applied before Nov 2012 ( as OKK applied before Nov 2012 ) and does not apply for applications received after Nov 2012????

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
Does this trigger still hold true after Nov 2012??

You mean the above trigger was functional for applicants who applied before Nov 2012 ( as OKK applied before Nov 2012 ) and does not apply for applications received after Nov 2012????
Check the document dear_pnp and let us know what your interpretation is.

The date of application wouldn't matter, what would matter would be the date when the citizenship officer was assessing if you met any of the RQ triggers (triage criteria). In the past, this would have been indicated by the "in-process" status on eCas, but the CIC has seemingly gutted any importance of that status since it now updates statuses as "in process" right after it acknowledges receipt.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
Check the document dear_pnp and let us know what your interpretation is.

The date of application wouldn't matter, what would matter would be the date when the citizenship officer was assessing if you met any of the RQ triggers (triage criteria). In the past, this would have been indicated by the "in-process" status on eCas, but the CIC has seemingly gutted any importance of that status since it now updates statuses as "in process" right after it acknowledges receipt.
Where is the document? When was it released?

You mean if I renewed my ID now, say a week ago and submit my application tomorrow. Say CIC receives it a day after.

Then if the file is opened or first looked at or went in process 3 months from they receiving it, the triage wont hold true. Am I right?

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmm can you attach it here...

I dont have access to rapidshare... :-[ :-[