+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points to remember when applying for Citizenship

kaps

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
that was just an example address. I do reside in Canada and work full time. But I have been using this address for the beginning for all my mails, bank statement etc. that is my primary add. I live on rent so the rent address keeps changing and mostly landlords don't give proper rent receipts.

But if all my documents have that UPS MAILBOX address will it be ok to use as a residential address.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
well if I was you I will use the address which is on my documents such as on my bills, credit card statements, notice of assessments etc etc...and address like Suite#123 11 King St West Ottawa ON CANADA is a bad example.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaps said:
that was just an example address. I do reside in Canada and work full time. But I have been using this address for the beginning for all my mails, bank statement etc. that is my primary add. I live on rent so the rent address keeps changing and mostly landlords don't give proper rent receipts.

But if all my documents have that UPS MAILBOX address will it be ok to use as a residential address.
You will need to provide CIC your physical addresses for the four years preceding your application.

"A1 – Use of a suspect residential address" is a RQ trigger. http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/rq-risk-indicators/

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
Kingoftherings said:
i dont know all of this but i put an expire OHIP and they didnt sent me any RQ at the begining
Well you are going in for your test so be careful and take all the valid ids...that exam and interview is not a walk in the park buddy

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OKK said:
Then i guess a RQ is on its way
We can't say for sure. It's possible that the RQ triggers revealed through ATIP may have been updated without our knowledge. This might explain why both OKK and KingoftheRings have reported avoiding the pre-test RQ despite the presence of a known RQ trigger in their file.

But even without knowing for sure what the current RQ triggers are, I think most would agree that listing a post office or UPS mail box address as a residential address would be a red flag for the CIC. I'm not saying that Kaps has done something wrong. There's nothing wrong with using a PO box to get mail. Lots of people use them for lots of good reasons.

I'm saying though that listing a non-residential address as a residential address could easily call residence into question. And Kaps should take that into account and do what they can to mitigate the suspicion.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
I guess they are taking it easy on RQ issuance as they already have so many applications pending

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
EasyRider said:
You cannot "leave no room for RQ", though you may send additional documents that clearly support your statements.

For example, if you have a passport covering relevant 4 years, all stamps are there, they are clear and they match your declarations, you can send color copy of your all passport pages, with stamp translations where required, of course. You can also include a table referencing stamps, pages in passport and travel dates. If you have CBSA and it matches declaration, you can send it as well.

You can also include letters from employers and CRA notices of assessments, these are strong documents.

The thing here is that procedure of issuing a pre-test RQ in Sydney is based merely on indicators in application form itself (triggers based on your declarations in a form), so unlikely additional documents will make any positive difference while your file is at a pre-screening in a Sydney office. Though the procedures and the rules may change any time and you can hope it will make a difference.

In any way, all your submitted additional documents will be scanned and kept on file, and at a later stage at a local office an officer will have to review all submissions for a 1st time to prepare for test/interview and to ask you additional questions, if they arise, and then for the 2nd time after test/interview to prepare memo with recommendation on your case to a citizenship judge.

The whole point of submitting anything beyond of what's required in application is to attempt to clear up any doubts in advance and steer an officer from issuing an RQ, so do not submit any documents that may only raise more questions. It's an officer's responsibility to make correct conclusions based on submissions and if there are any new doubts introduced with additional documents, officer will have to follow up, possibly with an RQ.
i asked many official lawyers of immigration,they told me that is a good idea to send more document to support your residency with your application

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
free said:
i asked many official lawyers of immigration,they told me that is a good idea to send more document to support your residency with your application
Could you provide the names and contact details of those lawyers so they can be consulted before an application is sent out?

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
OKK said:
Could you provide the names and contact details of those lawyers so they can be consulted before an application is sent out?
sorry sir,they are available but if they receive the work overload they would not respond,but take my word for it.they are making money on immigration matters so they rarely answer the questions for free .but do not assume things based on forum quotes or somebody's idea,they are none of them professional.to give you a clew just type in google "free consultation by immigration lawyers in canada contact info"then you will find the range of official immigrants lawyers who give answer to your quest for free.i did the same thing,for example campbell who runs this forum is an official lawyer but does not answer citizenship questions

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
free said:
sorry sir,they are available but if they receive the work overload they would not respond,but take my word for it.they are making money on immigration matters so they rarely answer the questions for free .but do not assume things based on forum quotes or somebody's idea,they are none of them professional.to give you a clew just type in google "free consultation by immigration lawyers in canada"then you will find the range of official immigrants lawyers who give answer to your quest for free.i did the same thing
Good on you buddy....who is asking for free...if they require a fee for a consultation then indeed a fee will be paid. No free lunches.

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
OKK said:
Good on you buddy....who is asking for free...if they require a fee for a consultation then indeed a fee will be paid. No free lunches.
it seems you often judge people,these lawyers are not my friends and if you find free one ,yes they answer for free.one lawyer from halifax requested 300 $ to run my file but she said even if you send all you supporting documents there is no guarantee for not receiving RQ.nobody knows for sure why people get RQ,specially the people who receive them do not wanna tell their reason.so most of these threads are guesses and nothing more than that,but i asked 4 lawyers and they answered that it is good to send supporting docs.canadian immigration system is always a mystery with no real solution for it.at least the guys who get their passport should ask the CI what was the reason that they received RQ and then that secret would be revealed just for them if they wanna share.......

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
free said:
it seems you often judge people,these lawyers are not my friends and if you find free one ,yes they answer for free.one lawyer from halifax requested 300 $ to run my file but she said even if you send all you supporting documents there is no guarantee for not receiving RQ.nobody knows for sure why people get RQ,specially the people who receive them do not wanna tell their reason.so most of these threads are guesses and nothing more than that,but i asked 4 lawyers and they answered that it is good to send supporting docs.canadian immigration system is always a mystery with no real solution for it
I don't judge people but yes i do judge their judgement before i can start giving others advice based on other experiences...I am not talking about RQ etc etc...then again what i solely believe that everyone have their own experiences/observations/circumstances and no other have to agree with them.

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
OKK said:
I don't judge people but yes i do judge their judgement before i can start giving others advice based on other experiences...I am not talking about RQ etc etc...then again what i solely believe that everyone have their own experiences/observations/circumstances and no other have to agree with them.
i am talking about the creditability of an opinion.criteria for accepting or not accepting the reason to get a RQ should not be based on guesses ,it should be based on evidences