+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Outland AOR 2016-2017 let's connect here for timelines

Live life

May 6, 2017
I called cic last night and the agent told me that all the processing of express entry applications take place within Canada. If only at the very last stage tonissur PPR then the file is sent to local visa office. This seems to be contrasting to the general thoughts... any views?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Now who's fault is this, we applicants who applied from Feb-April are either fools that we applied then or the Govt should had told us not to apply until June... and later after few months they come up with backlog stories... We pnps had paid twice compared to other streams and waited almost 2 + years for nomination and still waiting while rest of the months get processed in half the time... Do there any logic in this process.. were the delayed process are not looked up and left untouched...

Strange some are thanking for the above information... pitty
Choosing between PNP and FSW is a choice of an applicant, not the government. PNP is beneficial for those whose score remains below the CRS. For instance, an applicant with 401 scores got Nomination followed by ITA. The wait for such candidates is worth of for what they are getting in return.

Such applicants have applied in Feb got Nomination and ITA in March, and get PPR in September, however, scores have still not gone down to 401.

So, at the end decision has to be taken by the candidate if they can pay extra and wait for the longer time then FSW streams.

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Now who's fault is this, we applicants who applied from Feb-April are either fools that we applied then or the Govt should had told us not to apply until June... and later after few months they come up with backlog stories... We pnps had paid twice compared to other streams and waited almost 2 + years for nomination and still waiting while rest of the months get processed in half the time... Do there any logic in this process.. were the delayed process are not looked up and left untouched...

Strange some are thanking for the above information... pitty
Immigration itself is a process where things keep on changing, rules,policies, new updates. I would still take it as my decision to wait or take another decision for it's my life and no government is responsible for it. I am myself in the same position as yours and close to 2 yrsin process and six months in preparation. I am lucky that there is express entry and they still talk abt 80% to be delivered in 6 months
I agree that we stakeholders need to be informed so if we get the above information it only helps me prepare to wait some more time plan other things. Not that it's easy for me, but then before express entry people had wait times like years and not months.
So I am happy I am still in and I will thank any person who takes the effort of informing so many people who have no clue of what is actually happening.
Nothing wrong, I am sure you have understood and we are all with you in the same boat. Be assured you will have yours soon.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Most files r10, admissibility done at CIO, eligibility n security at cpc. The transfer to vo is for ppr,copr and also for things which can be reviewed by local vos.(country specific)
Not sure what else is done by lvo. We need more info on that probably

I called cic last night and the agent told me that all the processing of express entry applications take place within Canada. If only at the very last stage tonissur PPR then the file is sent to local visa office. This seems to be contrasting to the general thoughts... any views?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Most files r10, admissibility done at CIO, eligibility n security at cpc. The transfer to vo is for ppr,copr and also for things which can be reviewed by local vos.(country specific)
Not sure what else is done by lvo. We need more info on that probably
Eligibility test is also performed at CIO-Sydney for PNP Outland applicants and for only the last part Security Check (IP2) the files are either sent to CPC or LVO. The reports from Security Agencies like CBSA and CISI are recorded on online file which is accessible to CPC or LVO. They review these results, recommendations from analyst in CIO, decide actions such as an interview or other stuff, and make the final decision.

On selection of LVO or CPC, I asked the process from IRCC and they said in the past we used to send files to applicants nearest Visa Office however that caused some LVO to take more than 6 months to process. So, recently (I forgot the exact year they mentioned) they changed policies and now the applications are distributed according to a number of files they are handling to avoid backlogs. However, if the interview or any further enquiry is needed then files can be transferred to nearest LVO which can make the decision on its own or decide to send back recommendations to LVO allocated in the first instance.

I hope this will clear doubts.

Umidjon90

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Eligibility test is also performed at CIO-Sydney for PNP Outland applicants and for only the last part Security Check (IP2) the files are either sent to CPC or LVO. The reports from Security Agencies like CBSA and CISI are recorded on online file which is accessible to CPC or LVO. They review these results, recommendations from analyst in CIO, decide actions such as an interview or other stuff, and make the final decision.

On selection of LVO or CPC, I asked the process from IRCC and they said in the past we used to send files to applicants nearest Visa Office however that caused some LVO to take more than 6 months to process. So, recently (I forgot the exact year they mentioned) they changed policies and now the applications are distributed according to a number of files they are handling to avoid backlogs. However, if the interview or any further enquiry is needed then files can be transferred to nearest LVO which can make the decision on its own or decide to send back recommendations to LVO allocated in the first instance.

I hope this will clear doubts.
Hi Bill,

Is Security Check the same with A40 ?

cn819

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
04-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-08-2017
Anyone get IP1 without med pass?

CooperStation22

May 14, 2017
Choosing between PNP and FSW is a choice of an applicant, not the government. PNP is beneficial for those whose score remains below the CRS. For instance, an applicant with 401 scores got Nomination followed by ITA. The wait for such candidates is worth of for what they are getting in return.

Such applicants have applied in Feb got Nomination and ITA in March, and get PPR in September, however, scores have still not gone down to 401.

So, at the end decision has to be taken by the candidate if they can pay extra and wait for the longer time then FSW streams.
But Bill.. Last year PNPs were processed fast..they were getting PPRs in 1-2 months after AOR... like this year's FSW.. heard from others as well..

One more thing that keeps me wondering is.. if i look at the immigration quota numbers.. FSW comprises 42% while PNP comprises 30%.. now that's not a big margin.. 10-12K candidates more than PNP.. so why 30% allocation to provinces..

If at all provinces wouldn't matter to them..then such different PNPs would not have existed in first place..nor would they allocate 30% of their immigration quota..

Now Ontario needs more IT people.. right.. so first time in history changed their rule to allow Candidates below 400 to get nomination.. (again this could be in the best interest of Ontario..financially & other factors as well).. isn't their mismatch/miscommunication between what Ontario wants to fulfil for IT industry.. & how speedily CIC processes PNPs.. again.. i may be wrong.. but IT sector is one thing and situation changes with them as well..

Not to argue with your point..but just my point of view..

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Bill,

Is Security Check the same with A40 ?
Yes, actually according to IRCC the IP2 is A40 however it does include a recommendation from security authorities that matters a lot. A40 includes performing additional checks on A11 if there are red flags. For instance, if during A11 analyst finds that there is doubt in regards to applicant performing these duties in reality, then during A40 analyst may recommend an interview before a further decision is made.

Security Check according to experts start once your file is opened and UCI is assigned however it is updated once you are in IP2. It's like your medical results that are available online within 2-3 days of test date however you are updated only once, the analyst has updated the file.

IRCC have different offices doing investigation across the Canada while analysts in CIO only review their recommendations and update files according to regulations set by IRCC. For instance, there is an office for the criminal record check in Ottawa that is responsible to check your PCC and Criminal Record in Databases and they will update the results online which will be accessible to analysts in CIO who will verify it using your details. Similarly, they have offices for Medical records, for Security, they have CBSA, CISI, and other institutes. So whenever you apply your file will be included in a separate queue of each department.

Eligibility Test is performed by an analyst in CIO or CPC depending on applicants and that's is where most of the time is consumed and the backlog is seen.

I hope this will clear your doubts.

Umidjon90

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Yes, actually according to IRCC the IP2 is A40 however it does include a recommendation from security authorities that matters a lot. A40 includes performing additional checks on A11 if there are red flags. For instance, if during A11 analyst finds that there is doubt in regards to applicant performing these duties in reality, then during A40 analyst may recommend an interview before a further decision is made.

Security Check according to experts start once your file is opened and UCI is assigned however it is updated once you are in IP2. It's like your medical results that are available online within 2-3 days of test date however you are updated only once, the analyst has updated the file.

IRCC have different offices doing investigation across the Canada while analysts in CIO only review their recommendations and update files according to regulations set by IRCC. For instance, there is an office for the criminal record check in Ottawa that is responsible to check your PCC and Criminal Record in Databases and they will update the results online which will be accessible to analysts in CIO who will verify it using your details. Similarly, they have offices for Medical records, for Security, they have CBSA, CISI, and other institutes. So whenever you apply your file will be included in a separate queue of each department.

Eligibility Test is performed by an analyst in CIO or CPC depending on applicants and that's is where most of the time is consumed and the backlog is seen.

I hope this will clear your doubts.
Thank you !