+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

!PLEASE HELP! LMIA application

nzto2019

Jun 14, 2020
Hi.
My employer sent LMIA application for PR few days ago , received email today about missing documents.

1. Employer Business Information: He is the owner of the Cafe. I am the Cafe Manager. Alternative employer contact Information was not completed before because he thought he couldnt put my info there. He does not have any co-employer / owner. Can he put my info for Alternate employer? Or does he need to put info of any one of the staff members?

2. Proof of Recruitment: does the employer need to send Resumes he received? And show why the person wasnt qualified for the job? ( If yes, then does the employer need to cross out applicants name and contact info?) Is there any other documents for proof of recruitments?

Please please don't reply just to say it is employers job not mine. I know. He is sponsoring me but since he is aged I am just helping him with finding informations.

Thank you so much!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Well, he needs to prove he couldn't hire a qualified Canadian so proof the job was advertised and no local applicants were satisfactory is needed.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi.
My employer sent LMIA application for PR few days ago , received email today about missing documents.

1. Employer Business Information: He is the owner of the Cafe. I am the Cafe Manager. Alternative employer contact Information was not completed before because he thought he couldnt put my info there. He does not have any co-employer / owner. Can he put my info for Alternate employer? Or does he need to put info of any one of the staff members?

2. Proof of Recruitment: does the employer need to send Resumes he received? And show why the person wasnt qualified for the job? ( If yes, then does the employer need to cross out applicants name and contact info?) Is there any other documents for proof of recruitments?

Please please don't reply just to say it is employers job not mine. I know. He is sponsoring me but since he is aged I am just helping him with finding informations.

Thank you so much!

1. I don't know the answer to this question.
2. He needs to provide proof that he advertised the job for at least a month in three places that meet the criteria per the LMIA process below. He should also provide the results of those recruitment efforts (how many people applied, why they weren't qualified for the role, etc.). Resumes do not need to be sent to the best of my knowledge.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/high/requirements.html

nzto2019

Jun 14, 2020
1. I don't know the answer to this question.
2. He needs to provide proof that he advertised the job for at least a month in three places that meet the criteria per the LMIA process below. He should also provide the results of those recruitment efforts (how many people applied, why they weren't qualified for the role, etc.). Resumes do not need to be sent to the best of my knowledge.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/high/requirements.html
Thank you for the reply
He already provided all those info in the application and proof of advertisement . But they still required proof of recruitment. That is why we thought maybe resumes need to be sent.

nzto2019

Jun 14, 2020
Well, he needs to prove he couldn't hire a qualified Canadian so proof the job was advertised and no local applicants were satisfactory is needed.
Thank you for the reply
He already provided all those info in the application and proof of advertisement . But they still required proof of recruitment. That is why we thought maybe resumes need to be sent. What other documents can be used as proof of recruitments?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the reply
He already provided all those info in the application and proof of advertisement . But they still required proof of recruitment. That is why we thought maybe resumes need to be sent.
In that case you'd probably be best off getting an immigration lawyer to assist you. We don't see very many LMIA questions like this around here since this activity is employer driven.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given the higher unemployment especially in the service industry I would be prepared for some questionning about whether you were actually not able to find a suitable employee in Canada.