+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Phone records, letters? - but we live together!

reisender

Nov 4, 2008
Spouse questionnaire

Question 26
How do you and your spouse communicate when not together?

Since we live together, we never really call each other - and certainly don't send each other letters.
And when we do, it's by cell phone. Cell phone records don't show the numbers called.
If I don't provide any evidence, is that going to cause problems?

Anyone else who lives together bothered by this question?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can prove that you live together, it shouldn't cause you any problems

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
reisender said:
Spouse questionnaire

Question 26
How do you and your spouse communicate when not together?

The question clearly asks how you two communicate when not together. Since you live together, the question doesn't really apply to you.

reisender

Nov 4, 2008
Thanks for the replies.

I thought this question was aimed at spouses who live in different countries, but also thought it applied to me as well, since I do have to answer the question.
I never want to just assume it doesn't apply to me, especially when it specifically asks for evidence.
Just covering the bases.

If anyone else has anything they want to chime in on, let me know.

reisender

Nov 4, 2008
I think the term 'evidence' disqualifies any and every claim of telepathy.
What? No smilies on this forum?

DutchMan

Mar 12, 2008
I answered it with: Not applicable. We live together.

And got my PPR last week :)

Best regards,
DutchMan

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
As long as you're providing lots of other proof (photos, etc) that you're together, that shouldn't be an issue. I like DutchMan's response . . . not all of us are separated from our spouses. Plenty of Canadian citizen partners are applying to sponsor their spouses when both of them are living abroad - so the question obviously wouldn't apply in their case either. However, some of how this question is applicable to you would depend a bit on how long you've lived together. If you've only lived together for a couple of months, then provide information on how you communicated when you weren't living together - assuming you were in different countries at that time. You are trying to demonstrate not just how things are now, but how the relationship developed and your unique history.

ethanr

Nov 9, 2008
i am in the same situation with my wife and all your answer really helped me>
hope i'll be of help too when i am on the actual process.

Congratulations by the way to Dutchman!!!
another success story for everyone to keep in mind there is hope!
:)

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
I live with my wife abroad but when we weren't together, in the beginning, we used email/msn/phone, etc. I guess in my situation now, this question is N/A. Most of the questions in the forms cannot apply for everyone's situation. When in doubt, ask around (like you did!) or simply write N/A.

Good luck!

p.s. my telepathy couldn't go over the Pacific Ocean so email was better to use ;)

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
For our case, I have to go back Singapore once a year for Government duties for few months. I have been out of Canada twice in our relationship living together. What I did is I collated some emails, phone bills when we were separated for a few months, till today we are not sure if our application qualified. Application sent on October 8th 2008.
I have been living with my sponsor since 2007 and currently, I am not going back to Singapore until I recieved something from CIC. I applied inland for Common-law because I am not in a good financial situation to be going in and out of Canada...we have kids under 8 years to support, while my sponsor goes to work.

Miche

Apr 1, 2009
We don't live together yet. but do you rent? are both your names on the lease, electric bill, anything that has your address on with your names. That will show proof.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Actually I lived with my huband for 3 months and he is back to Lebanon, at first we emailed each other so i provided a few letters not all of them and every and certainly we called each other with long distance phone cards. I provided what I have and mentioned we live 3 months out of year so it is applicable even if you lived with your spouse. If it's less than a year living together you have to provide evidence how do you communicate when you are not together and if they are not happy well tough luck because in my opinion living together doesn't matter how long it considered genuine relationship....