+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP got refused 2 times please help me URGENT

Duy.Nguyen

Jan 18, 2022
Hi guys, I got refused PGWP 2 times. the first time was my fault that I submit the wrong document but when they requested it, they said they did not get it and refused me. So I reapplied 2nd time. Now they said that because I'm a part-time student so they refused me but I'm in college for 2 years and graduated. I also drop 1 program before that 2 years graduated. Please help me.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys, I got refused PGWP 2 times. the first time was my fault that I submit the wrong document but when they requested it, they said they did not get it and refused me. So I reapplied 2nd time. Now they said that because I'm a part-time student so they refused me but I'm in college for 2 years and graduated. I also drop 1 program before that 2 years graduated. Please help me.
So were you or were you not a part-time student if you dropped courses? If you were part-time in any other semester other than the last one, then you are not eligible for a PGWP.

Duy.Nguyen

Jan 18, 2022
After I drop my first program, I instantly applied for the full time 2 years program and finished it. Then i applied for PGWP

Duy.Nguyen

Jan 18, 2022
So were you or were you not a part-time student if you dropped courses? If you were part-time in any other semester other than the last one, then you are not eligible for a PGWP.
After I drop my first program, I instantly applied for the full time 2 years program and finished it. Then i applied for PGWP

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Were you a full time student through the duration of your second program?

With two refusals, my strong opinion is to hire a lawyer to help you put the next application together. This is no longer a do-it-yourself, situation.

Duy.Nguyen

Jan 18, 2022
Were you a full time student through the duration of your second program?

With two refusals, my strong opinion is to hire a lawyer to help you put the next application together. This is no longer a do-it-yourself, situation.
Thank you for your opinions, I am a full time student through my second programn. And I just ask a for a lawyer to do for me. Just asking for more opinions or cases like me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your opinions, I am a full time student through my second programn. And I just ask a for a lawyer to do for me. Just asking for more opinions or cases like me.
It's good that you were a full time student through your second program and that you have hired a lawyer to help you.

Cases like yours aren't common here (two refusals and applying again or appealing). But they do happen sometimes and hopefully someone with first hand experience will comment. You may also want to look through the threads and try to find past discussions on similar topics.

Good luck.

Duy.Nguyen

Jan 18, 2022
It's good that you were a full time student through your second program and that you have hired a lawyer to help you.

Cases like yours aren't common here (two refusals and applying again or appealing). But they do happen sometimes and hopefully someone with first hand experience will comment. You may also want to look through the threads and try to find past discussions on similar topics.

Good luck.
Thank you, have a good one

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Get a lawyer as advised. Were you counting your first program for the PGWP (e.g. combining the two programs to get a longer PGWP)? If so you may want to consider applying for just the second program since you were part-time through the first.

Duy.Nguyen

Jan 18, 2022
Get a lawyer as advised. Were you counting your first program for the PGWP (e.g. combining the two programs to get a longer PGWP)? If so you may want to consider applying for just the second program since you were part-time through the first.
Thank you I just ask for a lawyer. And I don’t think that I combine both of the programn for pgwp but I will recheck

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
In nutshell I will explain what is required.

You require a letter from your university/ college registrar that you were enrolled in the full time course (xyz - it may be a 5 credit or 9 credit or 12 credit or 16 credit per semester) Important document is the Verification of Enrollment as a full time student and now a separate letter from college/ university explaining it.

I hope you get it.

Pavibals

Aug 12, 2021
Even mine got refused for the second time, first time the reason was generic saying it was refused under 205 c (ii) regulations, after contacting my university advisor I reapplied with an explanation saying I’m eligible. But on oct 15 2021 they refused my application for second time and my GCMS notes were not received to me till the date of second refusal. Later I discovered the reason for refusal is because I applied after 90 days exactly on 120 th day and did not restore my study permit. Since, my study permit was valid until dec 31, 2020 by paper. I assumed I don’t need to do restoration and I applied for the first time on may 7 2020 and received my transcript on Jan 8 2020, the first refusal was on march 8 2021. Second one applied on march 11 2021 without restoration because the university advisor said I don’t need to restore since I’m outside canada. Got refused again on oct 15 2021, saying I’m out of 180 days time period. Now as per RCIC agent advise working on with reconsideration and anyones insight on my case will be really valuable.

yxia226

Feb 18, 2022
it is so strange if your second program is full-time, they rejected you because you were doing part-time in the first program. what they normally do is only count your second degree.