+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expiring , no CEC draw

Dutch123456

Jan 3, 2022
Yeah, now the Ukraine crisis to blame on.I pray they seriously help those suffering folks. No OINPs as well. Not sure how it'd proceed. I applied for extension (though it'd be refused/rejected) assuming I would get ITA soon as my CRS is 480+ under CEC. Praying each and every day for some positive outcomes!
I'm not sure what this is and if they will do this soon, but take a look at this https://www.cba.org/Our-Work/Submissions-(1)/Submissions/2022/February/Facilitating-transition-of-international-students

Arjunravi

Feb 19, 2022
I created my cec profile on September one and the from that day hoping to get a call or extension nothing tilp March 7 that is today
It’s soo hard to count the days and hoping to leave the country because for the past couple of years I feel m not sleeping well or living well in this country and uncertainty is killing me each day

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
Anyone who applied for extension/BOWP because of NO CEC Draws has received a decision on this application? If so, please share it here so that many can plan their future and career as we go further!!

eliziebasa

Mar 28, 2020
Did u apply for WP extension like BOWP/ changed to visitor visa?
I applied for pgwp extension. What did you end up doing?
Also we can finally get work permits issued for 18 months more soon. :D
But don't know how to convert existing extension application to the new one under policy when it comes out :/
Any idea anyone?

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/04/new-measures-to-address-canadas-labour-shortage.html

Minister Fraser also announced today a new temporary policy that will give recent international graduates with expiring temporary status an opportunity to stay in Canada longer, so that they can continue to gain work experience and have a better chance at qualifying for permanent residency. Starting in summer 2022, former international students who are in Canada and have a post-graduation work permit expiring between January and December 2022 will qualify for an additional open work permit of up to 18 months. We are exploring a simplified, expeditious process for this, and details will be made available in the weeks ahead.

Starting in mid-June, former international students in Canada whose post-graduation work permits expired or are expiring between Jan 31, 2022 and Dec 31, 2022, will be able to get an additional open work permit of up to 18 months duration.

zhu9

Jan 15, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/04/new-measures-to-address-canadas-labour-shortage.html

Minister Fraser also announced today a new temporary policy that will give recent international graduates with expiring temporary status an opportunity to stay in Canada longer, so that they can continue to gain work experience and have a better chance at qualifying for permanent residency. Starting in summer 2022, former international students who are in Canada and have a post-graduation work permit expiring between January and December 2022 will qualify for an additional open work permit of up to 18 months. We are exploring a simplified, expeditious process for this, and details will be made available in the weeks ahead.

Starting in mid-June, former international students in Canada whose post-graduation work permits expired or are expiring between Jan 31, 2022 and Dec 31, 2022, will be able to get an additional open work permit of up to 18 months duration.

it says "up to 18 months", what might be the factor that determines how long of an extension the applicant will get?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
it says "up to 18 months", what might be the factor that determines how long of an extension the applicant will get?
Most likely the validity of your passport. But we'll have to wait for the full details to be released to see.

pthathagar

Feb 22, 2022
Yeah, now the Ukraine crisis to blame on.I pray they seriously help those suffering folks. No OINPs as well. Not sure how it'd proceed. I applied for extension (though it'd be refused/rejected) assuming I would get ITA soon as my CRS is 480+ under CEC. Praying each and every day for some positive outcomes!
How did you applied for an extension without being eligible? What options you chose?