+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expiring , no CEC draw

eliziebasa

Mar 28, 2020
Hey guys!
My PGWP is expiring next month, feb 25th and no CEC draws will be conducted untill july 2022.
I was hoping for a public policy for PGWP extension. I'hve been here for 5 years and didn't expect to get this at the end. I guess I should pack my bags and get ready to leave.

eliziebasa

Mar 28, 2020
Yes. What they have done is extremely unfair. My application has been in pool since September 2021. Like c'mon atleast give an extension. You can create a policy and give work permit to visitors but you can't extend the work permit for people who worked in your country and paid taxes?

chichi9496

Nov 28, 2021
Yes. What they have done is extremely unfair. My application has been in pool since September 2021. Like c'mon atleast give an extension. You can create a policy and give work permit to visitors but you can't extend the work permit for people who worked in your country and paid taxes?
I feel you. I'm in the same boat. Just hoping for a public policy like last year when they gave everyone another 18 months

eliziebasa

Mar 28, 2020
Yeah I am hoping for a policy like that one too. But If they stopped CEC draws due to backlog then creating a new policy would increase the backlog further. A real mess created by IRCC

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
In the recent memo they mentioned no Express or PNP draws. They will surely do CEC inland application.
Can't you extend PGWP?

eliziebasa

Mar 28, 2020
PGWP can't be extended unfortunately. I am waiting for a public policy for Work permit extension like last year. :/

Dutch123456

Jan 3, 2022
Hey guys!
My PGWP is expiring next month, feb 25th and no CEC draws will be conducted untill july 2022.
I was hoping for a public policy for PGWP extension. I'hve been here for 5 years and didn't expect to get this at the end. I guess I should pack my bags and get ready to leave.
Hi, what did you end up doing? Did you apply for a wp extension?

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
Hi, what did you end up doing? Did you apply for a wp extension?
May i know what happened to yours? It's so hard to count the days in here knowing that the extension will be rejected/refused.

Wondering what happened to those who got their permits expired since Sep-Dec2021. Did they apply for WP extension or visitor? Was they approved or refused!??

Dutch123456

Jan 3, 2022
My spouse applied for visitor visa (wp expired January) no updates yet. My wp Visa will expire end of April. Still deciding on what to do. How about you? I would have never thought this would still be an issue in March 2022. I really hoped that they would have done the same extension as last year.

Reactions: vignesh93

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
My spouse applied for visitor visa (wp expired January) no updates yet. My wp Visa will expire end of April. Still deciding on what to do. How about you? I would have never thought this would still be an issue in March 2022. I really hoped that they would have done the same extension as last year.
Yeah, now the Ukraine crisis to blame on.I pray they seriously help those suffering folks. No OINPs as well. Not sure how it'd proceed. I applied for extension (though it'd be refused/rejected) assuming I would get ITA soon as my CRS is 480+ under CEC. Praying each and every day for some positive outcomes!