+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PFL Letter

Bhaskar555

Mar 20, 2024
Hey ,

I've received a PFL letter on 03/09/2024 stating this:

Specifically I have concerns that you may be inadmissible for misrepresentation . I do not find it credible that you commuted from your home to the University on a regular basis given the distance . Please submit a copy of a lease agreement or receipts that supports your studies while attending the university.

They gave me the time of 10days to reply.

I replied it after 4 days as I have the receipts of college fee and hostel fee cause I completed my studies by residing in university accommodation on 03/12/2024.

Would they approve my study permit if they find it legit ? and how long IRCC takes to make the decision after PFL letter response.

Any suggestions please

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey ,

I've received a PFL letter on 03/09/2024 stating this:

Specifically I have concerns that you may be inadmissible for misrepresentation . I do not find it credible that you commuted from your home to the University on a regular basis given the distance . Please submit a copy of a lease agreement or receipts that supports your studies while attending the university.

They gave me the time of 10days to reply.

I replied it after 4 days as I have the receipts of college fee and hostel fee cause I completed my studies by residing in university accommodation on 03/12/2024.

Would they approve my study permit if they find it legit ? and how long IRCC takes to make the decision after PFL letter response.

Any suggestions please
So what university? What does commute have to do with study permit? There are no timelines for PFL, it can be weeks, months or over a year.

Bhaskar555

Mar 20, 2024
They were asking about my Bachelors education university which is in another state , not sure why they felt it as an issue and not credible

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I did provide the supported docs and the program I've applied for is Cyber Security
So you completed an ECA or not? What was the equivalency? When did you graduate? IRCC doesn’t believe you’re a genuine student. All you can do is wait on response to PFL. Again, no timelines for IRCC to respond.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Did you stay at the hostel for only 1 day to finish a degree?
That doesn't make sense.

Oh... I re-read and you meant you update IRCC on 3/12/2024. OK.
If you stayed for a period of time, you should have listed that as part of your address history. Make sure that you didn't make that mistake.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Bhaskar555

Mar 20, 2024
Alright let me explain you in detail .

I've applied for Study permit on Oct 13th 2023 and completed biometrics on Oct 18th and my medicals got updated in the portal on Nov 02nd 2023 and after there was no update , so I raised couple of webforms and made several phone calls to IRCC , still no use . After long period of waiting time they finally emailed me saying :

My Profile:

I've completed my Bachelors in X university in the year 2019 .

I hold a work experience in X company of 5 years as Production support Engineer.

I've applied for X college in Toronto and got LOA .

So In response to the concerns raised by IRCC

Throughout my undergraduate studies , I resided in university accommodation as the university is 1800 miles far from my home .So I have all the receipts as evidence such Hostel fee ,tuition fee etc. that I paid during my academic years .

So I uploaded all those documents.

Will they approve my visa if they find the info I send is true and legit ??

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

I've applied for Study permit on Oct 13th 2023 and completed biometrics on Oct 18th and my medicals got updated in the portal on Nov 02nd 2023 and after there was no update , so I raised couple of webforms and made several phone calls to IRCC , still no use . After long period of waiting time they finally emailed me saying :

My Profile:

I hold a work experience in X company of 5 years as Production support Engineer.

Throughout my undergraduate studies , I resided in university accommodation as the university is 1800 miles far from my home .So I have all the receipts as evidence such Hostel fee ,tuition fee etc. that I paid during my academic years .

So in your address history, did you mention your university accommodation for those undergrad years? Or did you just put down your "home address" even though you didn't live there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

My Profile:

Right now, this isn’t about visa approval. This is about not getting a 5 year ban if PFL states that.

Bhaskar555

Mar 20, 2024
So in your address history, did you mention your university accommodation for those undergrad years? Or did you just put down your "home address" even though you didn't live there.
My consultancy has filled out that info , I provided all the required info , now that you mentioned it I don't think they put up the right address for it the first place .

• Wow

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So if we get PFL that means our visa is already going to be rejected and they send the PFL to decide upon the ban ???
A PFL means that IRCC intends to reject your application and gives you one chance to provide information and evidence to show why your application should not be rejected. If IRCC decides to reject your application, sometimes they also issue the 5 year ban and sometimes they do not.

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
My consultancy has filled out that info , I provided all the required info , now that you mentioned it I don't think they put up the right address for it the first place .
IRCC does not care if it is your consultant that put it wrong. According to them it is the responsibility of the applicant to check that all the information is correct.
Since you have proof that you were living in student accommodation hopefully they will be fine with this.
If they do approve your permit, I urge you next time to check all the documents submitted by a consultant if you choose to use one.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl