+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pfl letter

Ankitbh

Aug 5, 2022
How long does it take to get a response once we have submitted PFL? After submission, is there any more procedure to be followed? I failed to mention that I applied for USA so I got mail to provide my statement in PFL. I provided my statement on December and haven’t got any update yet. What is the best thing to do now?
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How long does it take to get a response once we have submitted PFL? After submission, is there any more procedure to be followed? I failed to mention that I applied for USA so I got mail to provide my statement in PFL. I provided my statement on December and haven’t got any update yet. What is the best thing to do now?
Thank you
There's nothing you can do but wait for IRCC's review and decision. It is normal for this to take many months.

Daniel Narh

Jan 22, 2024
I responded to a PFL regarding a supposed fraudulent bank statement which its clearly not true(I got a letter from my bankers assuring it's genuine), can I also go for medical upfront to speed up my review?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I responded to a PFL regarding a supposed fraudulent bank statement which its clearly not true(I got a letter from my bankers assuring it's genuine), can I also go for medical upfront to speed up my review?
No. A PFL is serious and has nothing to do with whatever you applied for. It will not speed up review. First you have to overcome PFL.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But is it okay if I just go for medical upfront?
You can as it has nothing to do with PFL. First, you need to overcome PFL. There are no timelines for PFL so can take weeks, months or up to a year. If you do medical now, it may expire by the time you get a response for PFL and then reapply for whatever permit you put in an application for.

Daniel Narh

Jan 22, 2024
Yes please it's an African bank and it's registered it has been operating since 2007 and my account wasn't created in 2018

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes please it's an African bank and it's registered it has been operating since 2007 and my account wasn't created in 2018
Very common to get PFLs with statements from African banks as many are not nationally registered banks. If bank has provided updated statements and letters saying they are registered and legitimate then all you can do is wait. IRCC knows when they get fraudulent bank statements. Did you use an agent too? What are you applying for?

Last edited:

Daniel Narh

Jan 22, 2024
Very common to get PFLs with statements from African banks as many are not nationally registered banks. If bank has provided updated statements and letters saying they are registered and legitimate then all you can do is wait. IRCC knows when they get fraudulent bank statements. Did you use an agent too? What are you applying for?
I applied it myself and it's a study permit I applied January 2023 and got a PFL dec. 2023

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied it myself and it's a study permit I applied January 2023 and got a PFL dec. 2023
So it took IRCC almost a year to do the research and make sure the documents were not authentic. All you can do is wait. In the meantime, you may want to move funds to an international bank. Will you have enough funds with new funding levels? Assume you have new LOA too.