+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residence pathway for Colombian, Haitian and Venezuelan nationals

daviddock

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Category........
The background certificate should be sent by you or the agency who is in charge? (Colombia)

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
The background certificate should be sent by you or the agency who is in charge? (Colombia)
This is what the IRCC website says, so going by this you don't need to send it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You’ll need to provide

• a scanned copy of your ID card (Cédula de Ciudadanía o de Identidad)
  • a signed a consent form (given by the service provider) authorizing them to send the Background Verification Certificate to the Canadian visa office
Service providers will send us your Background Verification Certificate directly. You won’t receive a copy of this document, and the IRCC visa office will translate this document on your behalf.

You must submit the confirmation email from the service provider with your IRCC application."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But, IRCC might specifically ask you to get it for them when they ask for additional documents after you get AOR. If you have already filed the application with G4S or Omnitempus, I would still advise you to call or email the agency to ask if they have sent IRCC the certificate already.

Jeff2000

Dec 13, 2023
I applied for my brother and his wife at the same time. When I submitted the application, his wife did not have her passport wich I explained in a LOE. Yesterday, he received the AOR letter but his wife is not mentionned. By now, she received the passport. How can I fix that.

Laplaguita

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
I applied for my brother and his wife at the same time. When I submitted the application, his wife did not have her passport wich I explained in a LOE. Yesterday, he received the AOR letter but his wife is not mentionned. By now, she received the passport. How can I fix that.
Now that you have an application number send it through the web form

daviddock

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Category........
This is what the IRCC website says, so going by this you don't need to send it.
"You’ll need to provide

• a scanned copy of your ID card (Cédula de Ciudadanía o de Identidad)
  • a signed a consent form (given by the service provider) authorizing them to send the Background Verification Certificate to the Canadian visa office
Service providers will send us your Background Verification Certificate directly. You won’t receive a copy of this document, and the IRCC visa office will translate this document on your behalf.

You must submit the confirmation email from the service provider with your IRCC application."
But, IRCC might specifically ask you to get it for them when they ask for additional documents after you get AOR. If you have already filed the application with G4S or Omnitempus, I would still advise you to call or email the agency to ask if they have sent IRCC the certificate already.
Thanks for the info. The thing is that in the letter they said he has to send the background check to an email which is specified in the letter. However, we contacted these guys and they said they sent the documents directly to Bogota embassy.

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Hello, my husband did 2 applications for his Haitian family members.

Application #1 is for his Haitian father who has been in Mexico the last 2.5 months. We received AOR, biometric request, medical request, and pre-arrival services.

Application #2 is for his sister, husband, 2 children, who are all in Haiti. We received AOR, and biometric request.

Last week we had a request for police clearances. The document they need is next to impossible to get in Haiti right now. I sent a letter of explanation and also attached police clearances from the local Haitian police station (not the document they are requesting). I was very hopeful with the rate things were moving, but I'm feeling very discouraged today knowing we can't get the required police clearance. Anyone else applying for family from Haiti and running into this problem?

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Just curious if any one submitted on behalf of a Haitian citizen WITHOUT the official police background check completed from Haiti. The police check has been in process since prior to the opening of this pathway but still not done yet. It has been weeks. Our application is complete otherwise but we felt even with a Letter of Explanation it would be returned as incomplete as it’s one of the must have documents. I can’t see the government giving out AOR’s to all these applicants without completed background checks? They don’t have time to wait around for background checks to be competed and uploaded after submitting an application! What if they background check came back “bad” or never completed, then they have given an AOR and started processing an application that is in fact incomplete/ineligible? Thoughts??
Just curious if any one submitted on behalf of a Haitian citizen WITHOUT the official police background check completed from Haiti. The police check has been in process since prior to the opening of this pathway but still not done yet. It has been weeks. Our application is complete otherwise but we felt even with a Letter of Explanation it would be returned as incomplete as it’s one of the must have documents. I can’t see the government giving out AOR’s to all these applicants without completed background checks? They don’t have time to wait around for background checks to be competed and uploaded after submitting an application! What if they background check came back “bad” or never completed, then they have given an AOR and started processing an application that is in fact incomplete/ineligible? Thoughts??
We did 2 applications for our Haitian family members, and submitted without the police clearance. We received AOR, biometric, medical request, and pre-arrival services. They have now requested the police clearance...which is nearly impossible to get. I've sent letters of explanation but I'm very worried.

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
We did 2 applications for our Haitian family members, and submitted without the police clearance. We received AOR, biometric, medical request, and pre-arrival services. They have now requested the police clearance...which is nearly impossible to get. I've sent letters of explanation but I'm very worried.
It is ok, do not worry. You qualify for the program and you have received AOR along with other requests. That is a big positive. It is excellent that you have already sent a letter explaining what is going on, as long as they receive that letter, which they will, you will be fine.

Reactions: faithey