+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residence pathway for Colombian, Haitian and Venezuelan nationals

frange

May 25, 2018
Can I be the anchor of a half-brother? Is a half-brother (same dad, different mom) considered a sibling
  • child (of any age), grandchild, parent, grandparent, or sibling
Yes, as long as you can prove that via birth certificates of dad, your brother and yourself.
I applied for my brothers and gave 3 birth certificates for each application ( Mom, Dad and I).

frange

May 25, 2018
It seems they are not checking in order of arrival, there are people who sent their application after me who have already advanced much further... this unfortunately seems to depend on the immigration agent who reviews your case, sadly mine is not very diligent
No, it's all about the officer's speeding process since a number (batch) of X applications is assigned to X officers by batch arrival order. Still first in, first served but by batch.
By ex, if they receive 100 applications (#1 to #100) for 10 officers (1-10), they assign files by batch to each officer. The first batch of 10 applications (#1 to #10) to officer 1. The second batch of 10 applications (#11 to #20) to officer 2. Batch 3 applications (#21 to #30) to officer 3..... etc.
Faster the officer works his batch, quicker the applicant receives his AOR.
Your application could be in batch 1 but delay due to absence or laziness of the officer and your application remains under the pile for a longer time.

Just to say the process is all about how fast the officer works his batch of file; but applications are assigned by batch arrival order.

Reactions: Lola93

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
N
No, it's all about the officer's speeding process since a number (batch) of X applications is assigned to X officers by batch arrival order. Still first in, first served but by batch.
By ex, if they receive 100 applications (#1 to #100) for 10 officers (1-10), they assign files by batch to each officer. The first batch of 10 applications (#1 to #10) to officer 1. The second batch of 10 applications (#11 to #20) to officer 2. Batch 3 applications (#21 to #30) to officer 3..... etc.
Faster the officer works his batch, quicker the applicant receives his AOR.
Your application could be in batch 1 but delay due to absence or laziness of the officer and your application remains under the pile for a longer time.

Just to say the process is all about how fast the officer works his batch of file; but applications are assigned by batch arrival order.
But how can they go from the 25th to the 30th even if it is through this batch system. Do you think they are going to approve only 3500 applications? How can they limit the applications now? Did you get your AOR?

Reactions: genie27

frange

May 25, 2018
N

But how can they go from the 25th to the 30th even if it is through this batch system. Do you think they are going to approve only 3500 applications? How can they limit the applications now? Did you get your AOR?
For question 1:
I would say it depends on various factors such as: how they allotted the batch, the number applications distributed by batch, how many applications they received..etc.
NB: Batch is not a new system. It was always like that... X files for X officers to process for different lines of business.
For now, they concentrate on 1 line of business which is the humanitarian program for Haitians, Venezuelans and Colombians. To do so, they chose X officers to work specially for this program which is a temporary priority. This could change at any time.

2- I got AOR for all my applications sent on Nov 24.

3- No answer for the rest since only an assigned officer for this program can answer...

daviddock

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Category........
Is there anyone who already got the passport stamped? They are asking for other documents like background certificate, libreta militar, etc.

David5272

Nov 21, 2023
Is there anyone who already got the passport stamped? They are asking for other documents like background certificate, libreta militar, etc.
As far as I know, there won't be a visa to stamp in your passport, they will be sending a landing, which allows you to enter Canada.

frange

May 25, 2018
As far as I know, there won't be a visa to stamp in your passport, they will be sending a landing, which allows you to enter Canada.
How do you know that? Is there any information you can provide regarding your statement?
Thank you.

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
N

Nov 30 I don't think has received AOR but 28 29 30 have received returned. If you didnt know You can joint our telegram group we have over 300 people there and we are monitoring timelines. Spanish only sorry.

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Nov 30 I don't think has received AOR but 28 29 30 have received returned. If you didnt know You can joint our telegram group we have over 300 people there and we are monitoring timelines. Spanish only sorry.
Thank you! You mean returned because of missing documents or just without reason?

dbliss93

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Do you guys know if the sibling who is living in Canada is able to be a half sibling (same father different mother)?

Thank you! :)

Daniel

karenes29

Dec 30, 2016
Do you guys know what could happen if we forgot to include an UCI number from an old denied tourist visa, and declare that a visa was denied? We forgot to declare that a Canadian visa was denied and now we are stressed. Not to mention the application was returned due to another reason and we already sent it back, so there is no way to correct the mistake now…

jesusdgch

Jan 14, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
Do you guys know what could happen if we forgot to include an UCI number from an old denied tourist visa, and declare that a visa was denied? We forgot to declare that a Canadian visa was denied and now we are stressed. Not to mention the application was returned due to another reason and we already sent it back, so there is no way to correct the mistake now…
Hi Karenes29,
Something similar happened to me. I forgot to declare that a US visa had been denied in the past. What I’m thinking is that, if we receive an AOR, we will submit a letter of explanation via the webform. I am under the understanding that they are reviewing if the application is complete and all forms are signed, not the information within them yet. So, I think there is a chance for correction.

karenes29

Dec 30, 2016
Hi Karenes29,
Something similar happened to me. I forgot to declare that a US visa had been denied in the past. What I’m thinking is that, if we receive an AOR, we will submit a letter of explanation via the webform. I am under the understanding that they are reviewing if the application is complete and all forms are signed, not the information within them yet. So, I think there is a chance for correction.
Oh Man! God willing that it will be like that. When did you apply? My sister re-applied Dec 4th.