File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Ive got a question; What would be the definition of the perfect straightforward Family Class Application, and also the opposite, a complicated application?

sumitd

Apr 16, 2012
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-06-2012
Passport Req..
05-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-30-2012/ PP received on the 7th of September
LANDED..........
September 21-2012
Rosie Lee said:
Ive got a question; What would be the definition of the perfect straightforward Family Class Application, and also the opposite, a complicated application?

There is no such thing as perfect straight forward application or a complicated application....

There are straight forward Visa officers and then there are complicated visa officers...LOL..

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
sumitd said:
There is no such thing as perfect straight forward application or a complicated application....

There are straight forward Visa officers and then there are complicated visa officers...LOL..
so true.....

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumitd said:

;D

Every correct application is perfect application.

Make sure that you fill the forms correctly without any missing information. Also make sure that you include enough supporting documents with your application.

Do not exaggerade. Just do everything in a normal and correct way.

Good luck!

Z

Zearus

sumitd said:

lol ... thats so true

for spousal applciations, definition of perfect application is
- when husband and wife are married first time (no divorce ...)
- both does not have any negative travel history (visa denial etc)
- all documents are submitted before hand - Police clearence, medical, ID proof, wedding Photos, marriage certificate etc
- all documents are notarized or true copy

thats i guess the definition of perfect application :D

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I agree with what the others posted.

To have a perfect application, you'd need to make sure that everything has been completed as per CICs instructions. Just ask ThunderSoul...

I'd just like to add that having kids together makes the case even stronger, though there is still a chance of denial, even if very remote. Also, if this is your first marriage, even better. No major travel history, bonus. Lots of pictures and other proof, what they need to see.

Good luck!

FS

hogaishaadi

Jun 26, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-ISL-LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2012
Doc's Request.
Ad Doc's May 2013
AOR Received.
May-12 ISL - July-14 LON
File Transfer...
June-2014 LON
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah Dec 2014
but what if you realize you dont like your spouse? (sorry just trolling, hehe)

basically what people above here said... stay true to the events, dont lie on the forms or make up info... and a perfect application is one that gets done in well within the time... which is a rarity in these lands... :(

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
sumitd said:

A "perfect" visa officer is something along the lines of being lineant.

A "complicated" visa officer is someone that is thoroughly anal and asks you for things that are unnecessary such as the word "NONE" when it is not required by any document. Other officers would, of course, not cause any issue. But like I said, the douche baggy officers would even ask you perhaps to describe how many hair follicles you have around your pubic hair.

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
There is always the tall giraffes that think they're better than everyone and wanna make your life more complicated out of sheer jealousy you're married and they're probably still fighting hard to find someone suited for them but they can't cuz they're too picky and repulsive and have attitude problems.

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
A complicated app would be, 1 week whirlwind romance to marry after trip to 3rd world country, marriage unrecognized by both parents, 2 previous visa denials, oh and several outstanding charges for Human Trafficking. :eek: :p

mobeyk

Oct 10, 2011
Picton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2012
Doc's Request.
additional docs 29-08-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 8 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 10 2012
Rosie Lee said:
A complicated app would be, 1 week whirlwind romance to marry after trip to 3rd world country, marriage unrecognized by both parents, 2 previous visa denials, oh and several outstanding charges for Human Trafficking. :eek: :p
Better not to think of any applications now. We did ours and have to wait. I think it is my last time I did such thing. Have been through it twice. This time is the hardest as its my wife and its 14 hours flight separating us. Its not just a drive over a border. I am surprised how little Canadians know about their immigration process. I get daily the question, is she there yet? Or if there is any Asian looking woman in a few feet surrounding area they ask is that her? ???

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
mobeyk said:
This time is the hardest as its my wife and its 14 hours flight separating us. Its not just a drive over a border. I am surprised how little Canadians know about their immigration process. I get daily the question, is she there yet? Or if there is any Asian looking woman in a few feet surrounding area they ask is that her? ???
I immigrated from the US, and no-one here understood it either. People always assumed that it would be quick to visit--but I was in Atlanta and he was in Edmonton!
Also, I had this conversation with my grandmother (she's not American or Canadian) after trying to explain immigration:
:) But we have to go through immigration before we can live together.
:eek: But you're American!
:) Yes.
:eek: But he's Canadian!
:) That's the problem.
:) <sigh> ...

Editing to add: my grandmother wanted us to get the marriage annulled, wait until the paperwork went through, and then get married again. Because "How can you be married and living that far apart?"

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Isometry said:
I immigrated from the US, and no-one here understood it either. People always assumed that it would be quick to visit--but I was in Atlanta and he was in Edmonton!
Also, I had this conversation with my grandmother (she's not American or Canadian) after trying to explain immigration:

Editing to add: my grandmother wanted us to get the marriage annulled, wait until the paperwork went through, and then get married again. Because "How can you be married and living that far apart?"
Hahaha that made me laugh out loud.

Immigration is a mystery too many.

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Isometry said:

*Excellent* I like that one, your Grandmother sounds wonderful. :D

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
I completely agree about Canadians not knowing much about the immigration process, but I can't judge because up until a yr ago, I was blisfully ignorant too :) I mean, you don't go memorizing quantum physics principles for fun right? Immigration is about the same, strictly on a need-to-know basis