PCC from Indian Consulates in the US

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello:

I applied for the Indian PCC from the Consulate in Chicago. I have been told that the PCC will be a stamp on my passport and not a separate document.

CIC requires that we submit the original PCCs with our applications.

So what is the solution her? We cannot submit our passports with the initial application to the CIC because we need them for travel.

I know that one option is to get PCCs directly from India in which case it would be a document, but we do not have that kind of time right now. Will a notarized copy of the PCC stamp in the passport be acceptable to CIC Buffalo?

Any suggestions from folks who have crossed this bridge will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi

The PCC should be the same across all the Indian Embassies, I assume.
In the Passport they will stamp that a PCC has been issued. However PCC itself will be a separate document (one page)

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aNewHope said:
Hello:

I applied for the Indian PCC from the Consulate in Chicago. I have been told that the PCC will be a stamp on my passport and not a separate document.

CIC requires that we submit the original PCCs with our applications.

So what is the solution her? We cannot submit our passports with the initial application to the CIC because we need them for travel.

I know that one option is to get PCCs directly from India in which case it would be a document, but we do not have that kind of time right now. Will a notarized copy of the PCC stamp in the passport be acceptable to CIC Buffalo?

Any suggestions from folks who have crossed this bridge will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
I have applied for my PCC through the Indian High commission in Ottawa. When i submitted my application form, they verified my ppt and took copies of it. With my ppt with me i would imagine they will have to issue a document as a PCC. It is weird that they stamped your passport. If you have a legal representative, find out through them, else call or e-mail CIC and find out what their requirements are.

Good luck!

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, mtlguy and manianz!

I am afraid I misunderstood the process at the Chicago consulate. They did give me a document in addition to stamping my passport.

Thanks again for your input.

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Any one with have experience getting PCC from NY consulate. ? please share your experience...
i am afraid to send passport in mail..even if i send in mail what happens if some fee or something they needed is not there ? will they return ?
Its getting tough as i am reaching H1 limit and timeline is very tight..sucks..

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
cooldeepforyou said:
Any one with have experience getting PCC from NY consulate. ? please share your experience...
i am afraid to send passport in mail..even if i send in mail what happens if some fee or something they needed is not there ? will they return ?
Its getting tough as i am reaching H1 limit and timeline is very tight..sucks..
I THINK for all consulates except Washington, DC, you can visit the office in person and show your passport and take it back with you. DC is the only place where they hold your passport from the time you submit your application till the issue your PCC. If you are in NY area, visit the consulate.

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Hi DivaGirl,
Thanks for reply,because i am planning to go NY in day or two, only because of your suggestion.
Dont want to be rude but do you Think or Are you sure,
that they will not keep my passport.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Some people who got in from NY Consulate have said before that they went in person and did not have to submit their passports. That is why I said I THINK. You might want to call them and confirm before you go.

jyde

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Virginia
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2008
Doc's Request.
09-09-2009
Nomination.....
17-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-05-2009
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
20-05-2009
Med's Request
11-05-2009
Med's Done....
14-05-2009
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
12-17-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-23-2009
Divagirl, i have been out of this forum for
some time now.
Quick question have you gotten your nomination yet?

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Guys
FYI, regarding PCC from NY. I went there today, submitted photocopy of passport, paid the fee. I have original with me. will have to go personaly again to NY to get the clearance letter.

Angel Y

Dec 4, 2009
Hi aNewHope,

Just a query regarding your post. How much time did it take for you to get the PCC from Chicago? Also, I would appreciate if you could let me know the complete procedure for getting the PCC.
Thanks.
Angel

albsac

May 20, 2009
Hello all,

does anybody know how long it takes to get PCC from NY consulate

can we get the PCC before we get nomination ? ... i mean do they ask the reason, why we need it

Ani2009

Dec 3, 2009
Hi,

To those who obtained PCC from CHicago Indian Embassy,

I see there are two options
1)if Indian Passport was issued by the Consulate General of India, Chicago for more than five years ago. then we can go in person and get the PCC done

2) when passport is issued by the Chicago Consulate less than 5 years ago or the passport issued by the other Passport issuing authorities..then there are 2 stages, in the first stage we have to apply and wait for 60days, and then proceed to 2nd stage, where we can goto embassy and get the PCC done..

How did you get the PCC done.?
Anitha

Fay

Dec 10, 2009
to sam70:

Hi

One of the condition for applying PCC from Indian Consulate is mention below,

Photocopy of Green card/Employment Authorization Card or valid visa page from passport and Supporting documents relating to the purpose for obtaining the P.C.C.

1) I will send photocopy of my passport but visa is not valid, but I have valid I797
will that be fine ?
2)What supporting Documents relating to the purpose for obtaining the P.C.C.. I
need to summit?

I AM WAITING FOR NOMINATION but please clear this questions as I want to apply now and save few weeks or month before I get my nomination

I applied in first week of April, so expecting nomination by January, So Please tell me if i am doing right by preparing all this documents before hand?

THANKS