+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORT SEIZED

LuckyGirl88

Oct 21, 2016
Just don't be so sentimental guys. Every one goes to where he/she belongs too. Either it is Canada or any other country. You never know how it feels like to be alone. When you want a single trip to see your parent's face.

Oct 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
october ,2016
Hi Luckygirl88
I have very close friend who was exactly in same situation like you i.e. refugee and got married back home. Let me know if you need any help and I can ask for details ...

Reactions: azan7788

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
LuckyGirl88 said:
Just don't be so sentimental guys. Every one goes to where he/she belongs too. Either it is Canada or any other country. You never know how it feels like to be alone. When you want a single trip to see your parent's face.
No sentimental - if person able return back to home country - the person is not refugee anymore and doesn't need Canada protection otherwise its immigration fraud and best to go and report here : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp

That just my opinion and sorry for off-top again,.
DHudson.

Reactions: sanem91

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
xmaanix said:
Hi everyone, how is it going? I have a friend who was student here and claimed refugee and got accepted, but when he was getting landing paper they did not give him his country's passport back which they took when he was applying for refugee, and he was told that this passport we cant give you back and no other information was provided.

So what he did he went to his country's embassy and re-applied for new one and got a new backhome passport. is it a problem for him? now he wants to travel but he is afraid that whats gonna happen as what he did was legal or not...... please advise.

Thanks
http://yourlegalrights.on.ca/common-question/how-can-refugee-lose-their-status-canada

How can a refugee lose their status in Canada?

The IRB makes a cessation order if it decides after a hearing that a person no longer needs refugee protection.

In some cases, cessation can lead to a refugee also losing their permanent resident status.

Even permanent residents who have lived in Canada for many years could be forced to leave.

One of the reasons that a refugee can lose their permanent resident status is if they voluntarily go back under the protection of their "country of nationality". This is the country they were a citizen of when they fled.

Going back under the protection of the country of nationality is called "re-availment".

The Minister may apply for cessation based on this reason if a protected person has:

travelled to their country of nationality
applied for or renewed a passport issued by that country
How would the Minister find out about a person's passport or travel history?
When a permanent resident comes back to Canada, a Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officer questions them.

CBSA officers look for cases where the Minister could apply for cessation.

The Minister might also apply for cessation if a protected person applies for Canadian citizenship and has visited their home country in the last four years.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) asks citizenship applicants about every trip they took outside Canada in the last four years. They have to say where they went, for how long, and the reason they travelled.

CIC can also get information from CBSA about every time a person enters Canada.
End of story.

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
Thank You betteka!

Taxed

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2015
Doc's Request.
11-2015
AOR Received.
04-2015
Med's Request
11-2015
Med's Done....
11-2015
Interview........
9-2016 ARC Approved.: 9-2016 CSQ Issued.....: 2-2017 Re-Med's Request...: 4-2017 Re-Med's Done : 4-2017
Passport Req..
04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-2017
LANDED..........
05-2017
Why go through such a hard process in proving your case and at the end of the day risk it all for few days back home? No wonder the immigration/refugee system is getting harder year after year.
Same we are on the "abusing subject", people who get a PR through a regular program go through some hard time to be able to be approved, then you find out that they spent sero days during the 5 years outside of Canada.
They are in the same categyas refugees who abuse the system. If you dont want to live in Canada, then there's no reason to apply in the first place.
My 2 cents.

Danii120

Nov 10, 2019
When you apply for Refugee Claim, they will seize your passport. But they will return it back to you once you get your Permanent Resident Card. Same happened with me.
Hello I saw your post about getting the seized passport back when you got your PR. I have a question, did you have to fill out any forms to get your passport back or they just gave it you when you went for your PR interview?