+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pass Mark of 67 Points

Surean

Jan 17, 2009
Middle East
Hi,

I thing all your comments are fairly ok, my opnion is that suppose you have submitted IELTS(within one year validity) with your application/documents but assesing done after some time and your IELTS expire that time, then the visa officer's discretion to dicide, to ask for new IELTS or accept the old one

good luck,

Surean

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Surean said:
Hi,

I thing all your comments are fairly ok, my opnion is that suppose you have submitted IELTS(within one year validity) with your application/documents but assesing done after some time and your IELTS expire that time, then the visa officer's discretion to dicide, to ask for new IELTS or accept the old one

good luck,

Surean
Hi,

Please read PMM's quote on the subject on 29th Jan.

Cheers...

Furqan

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
So it means one have to submit original IELTS transcripts to achieve secore claimed under IELTS test for English proficency. Pls clarify to me for my clear understanding as I was going to submit photo copy of my IELTS certificate for further processing. I appreicate your guidance.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Guys read below;

When you apply for Canadian PR, and let's say that your application processing time is 2 years from the date of application filed. At the time of filing application, if you have IELTS test and is less than one year old then you can submit it with your application and it will be accepted no matter your application process will take 5 years to complete but the test result will be accepted because it was taken within one year when you submitted the reults to the CIC.

Another scenario would be, if you applied but never submitted IELTS result with the initial application and now your results are more than one year old, and your application is in process, at this time, you cannot submit IELTS score which are more than one year old, you need new tests.

Third scenario would be that you took IELTS tests even though CIC never requested from you and you pass, and you sent your IELTS score to them without them asking from you. Your tests will stay valid during the entire process of your application - it will not expire just because your application took longer than one year.

So the message is, do not wait for the IELTS request, just take it if you are planning to apply or you have already apply, when you receive the desirable results, submit them immediately to CIC.

pencilcut

Jan 18, 2009
so that's why you need to put the certificate number in the aplication if you answered yes in ielts box!
thanks newyorker.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
Great explanation NewYorker.
Hi,

Very well explained. What I understand from 'Third Scenario' is that there should not be gap of more than one year from the date of taking test and date of receiving by CHC. Is it right Newyorker?

Regards.