14-11-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-2-2013
LANDED..........
25-03-2013
What if I fail to achieve the 67 points, but it says:

"If your mark is lower than the pass mark, you might not qualify to immigrate as a skilled worker at this time. However, if you believe there are other factors that would help you to become economically established in Canada, you may still apply.

Send a detailed letter with your application explaining what these factors are and why they may help you successfully establish yourself in Canada.
Include any documents that support your claim."

Will I send an explanation letter that I wrote in hand or a computer printed letter? Of course with my signature on it.

OPTWOP

Jan 29, 2009
Re: Pass Mark of 67 Points(worried)

Dear Administrator,
i have applied for canadian immigration in simplified application.I submitted my application on August, 2007 and i was getting 67 points when i give full marks i.e highest level in English as primary language and in French as basic level but at that time i never gave any Language test of English and French.
I have serious doubt that my application will be rejected on point that i was claiming the point which were not attempted at that time,Kindly answer my questions i will be thankfull

I- will they accept if i take IELTS and TEF now
II--Are there any chances of rejection on this ground or they will accept my IELTS and TEF results if i attempt now

Best Regards
OPTWOP

OPTWOP

Jan 29, 2009
thanks for reply rupeshhari ----- I hope i should not give up my hope for success of my application.....and my action wont create problem for my applications success.

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
please read the posts on this topic under heading IELTS VALIDITY

there are links to all the relevant official documents on this problem

my opinion is this, you applied like me, during the simplified application phase, and so no documents were required

eventually they will ask for these documents, but you may only get three months to provide them

I see no reason for CIC not to accept language test results that you take since you applied, after all CIC want you to show your language skills are up-to-date

suggest you take IELTS and TEF, but remember, the results are only valid for one year so you'll need to keep an eye on other applicants at the same processing centre as you to see what the likely timescale will be for them to ask for documents, you may like to visit www.trackitt.com

foreverwaiting

Star Member
Dec 16, 2008
Hey guys from where did you get this news that language test scores remain valid for one year only? Can you provide me an official link for this? My IELTS score remained valid for 4 years!!

I would believe that your score remains valid for the time period it takes CIC to process your application.

Or am I missing something???

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rupeshhari said:
foreverwaiting,

perhaps this is something perculiar to the new process. Its on OP6.
As long as the IELTS results are within 1 year of the date of the application, they remain valid for the total processing of the application, they don't have to be retaken.

PMM

foreverwaiting

Star Member
Dec 16, 2008
PMM said:
Hi

rupeshhari said:
foreverwaiting,

perhaps this is something perculiar to the new process. Its on OP6.
As long as the IELTS results are within 1 year of the date of the application, they remain valid for the total processing of the application, they don't have to be retaken.

PMM
This is exactly what I have been advocating......test score remains valid as long as it takes CIC to process your file.

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
PMM

I understand what you are saying, an applicant needs to be qualified at time of application, and holding a valid IELTS at time of application under SAP should logically make you qualified even though you are not asked to submit the IELTS certificate until several years later

however, my in-country instructions state the following (extract)

test results from an approved language-testing organization:
We strongly recommend that you submit test results if you are claiming proficiency in a language that is not your native language. You must submit the original reports to us directly: photocopies are unacceptable. Language test results must not be older than one year upon submission.

OP 6 contains the following one line remark...

Language test results must not be older than one year at the time of application.

The key words here are "submission" and "application"

This does not make things very clear for people like OPTWOP above

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
I agree with PMM, if a person didn't submit IELTS test with their application and then later at some point they took the test and get the high scores, they can send that result to CIC without them asking from the applicant. Once they receive the test result (which is taken within one year), it will be valid until the application process ends, i.e. 1 year or 5 years, it doesn't matter.

pencilcut

Jan 18, 2009
can somebody clarify the question about ielts validity?

should the ielts test be within the 1 year period at the time the application is submitted or at the time the documents are submitted which is estimated to be 4 to 6 months after you have submitted the application?

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pencilcut said:
can somebody clarify the question about ielts validity?

should the ielts test be within the 1 year period at the time the application is submitted or at the time the documents are submitted which is estimated to be 4 to 6 months after you have submitted the application?
Hi,

PMM has already clarified your question (please see 29th January quote, above).

cheers...

pencilcut

Jan 18, 2009
PMM hasn't really clarified the question.

1. "Language test results must not be older than one year upon submission." i think it means submission of ielts results together with the other documents. but i'm not sure. what do you think?

2. "Language test results must not be older than one year at the time of application." that means submission of application i'm sure.

if i took the test last march 2008, its going to be valid if i submit my application this february. but if i am required to submit my ielts result in may, its going to be invalid if you count the number of months.

whats your opinion on this?

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pencilcut said:
PMM hasn't really clarified the question.

1. "Language test results must not be older than one year upon submission." i think it means submission of ielts results together with the other documents. but i'm not sure. what do you think?

2. "Language test results must not be older than one year at the time of application." that means submission of application i'm sure.

if i took the test last march 2008, its going to be valid if i submit my application this february. but if i am required to submit my ielts result in may, its going to be invalid if you count the number of months.

whats your opinion on this?
Hi,

You can find the link here.... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp, which says that:

you can use language test results for one year from the time you took the test.

cheers...

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
charninder

that could mean you need to submit within that one year.
Hi rupesh,

Yes of course, but one year from the date you took the test, it is clearly mentioned in the instructions under the above link of CIC. PMM has already given his view. I think it should serve the purpose, or not?

Cheers...