Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11, 2017
IELTS Request
January 21, 2017
My parents visa got rejected yesterday on the following generic grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, based on the length of your proposed stay in Canada.

Purpose of visa - To pay a visit and spend some time with my son and grandkids during the summertime. from June 15, 2022, for a 3-month trip, till September 15, 2022. During our visit, we will also celebrate our birthdays and marriage anniversaries together.
Original length of stay - 3 months

Any advice on reapplying. I can reapply for three weeks stay, but not sure how can I mitigate the significant family ties to Canada. My parents two daughters will stay in India.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, based on the length of your proposed stay in Canada.

Purpose of visa - To pay a visit and spend some time with my son and grandkids during the summertime. from June 15, 2022, for a 3-month trip, till September 15, 2022. During our visit, we will also celebrate our birthdays and marriage anniversaries together.

Any advice on reapplying. I can reapply for three weeks stay, but not sure how can I mitigate the significant family ties to Canada. My parents two daughters will stay in India.
What ties to their home country did your parents show? How much did they show in proof of funds to support their trip? Three months is a very long trip and this may be part of the problem.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Three months is a long visit if they didn’t show considerable funds and strong reasons to return. How old are their daughters?

cool_canada

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11, 2017
IELTS Request
January 21, 2017
What ties to their home country did your parents show? How much did they show in proof of funds to support their trip? Three months is a very long trip and this may be part of the problem.
Home ties - Property deed on my father's name, 6 months bank statement, electricity bill of the principle residence. My two daughters are married but they are visiting my parents regularly. Question - can I show my parents siblings? My uncle, newphew, etc.
Proof of funds - I clearly mentioned I'll be responsible for all of it, so showed 0 from them. I showed: 2 yrs NOA, 4 Pay Stubs, HR Employment Letter, Band account, etc.

I dont know what else to show.

Important: My mother's upcoming birthday is coming in September. If I reapply with this reason for just three weeks, will it get passed?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Home ties - Property deed on my father's name, 6 months bank statement, electricity bill of the principle residence. My two daughters are married but they are visiting my parents regularly. Question - can I show my parents siblings? My uncle, newphew, etc.
Proof of funds - I clearly mentioned I'll be responsible for all of it, so showed 0 from them. I showed: 2 yrs NOA, 4 Pay Stubs, HR Employment Letter, Band account, etc.

Important: My mother's upcoming birthday is coming in September. If I reapply with this reason for just three weeks, will it get passed?
Your parents' sibiligs aren't really regarded as ties.

Even if you are taking responsibility for all of the costs, your parents should really still show funds of their own.

Yes, you can certainly reapply for just a 3 week period. None of us can tell you if you will be approved for not.

Reactions: cool_canada

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Home ties are any children under 22 not parents siblings. You stating that you will pay for all expenses is a red flag that they will want to remain in Canada. If you meet LICO and planned a 3 month visit then why not a supervisa?

cool_canada

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11, 2017
IELTS Request
January 21, 2017
Home ties are any children under 22 not parents siblings. You stating that you will pay for all expenses is a red flag that they will want to remain in Canada. If you meet LICO and planned a 3 month visit then why not a supervisa?
My sisters are married and well above 22, that means it’s really not considered family ties. Super Visa is definitely an option but it’s going to take another 3-5 months. It requires medical as well. However, applying super visa will not show substantial family ties to the countryof origin.

I’m in impasse what to do next. I can definitely reapply with the reason ofmy moms birthday celebration but still not sure about the family ties back home.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My sisters are married and well above 22, that means it’s really not considered family ties. Super Visa is definitely an option but it’s going to take another 3-5 months. It requires medical as well. However, applying super visa will not show substantial family ties to the countryof origin.

I’m in impasse what to do next. I can definitely reapply with the reason ofmy moms birthday celebration but still not sure about the family ties back home.
Family ties back home are not as big of a concern with a supervisa. They do own a home so that does show good ties to their home country. If they don’t have a lot of savings I would suggest applying for a supervisa.