File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What is used to confirm residency? What if the child (sponsor) has residency in USA and citizenship in Canada and goes to USA for work and still maintains their address in Canada (lease, hydro etc)?

doesn’t that count as residency in Canada?
Residency is where you are primarily living physically. So if you are primarily spending your time living physically in Canada and sometimes going to the US for work, then you are fine.

Reactions: YVR123

sood2038

Oct 25, 2023
As an unpaid authorized representative, am I allowed to complete the Declaration (*Consent and declaration) on online portal. Thank you

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
You have to understand who can be Dependent. Anyone who rely financially on Principle Applicant is the dependent. So PA's spouse is dependent and you must include him/her. (doesn't matter they are earning or not).

You are the sponsor and you are not depend on your parents financially so you are not dependent. so don't mention yourself as PA's dependent.

Daughter (your sister) - if she is not disable or financially dependent on PA, she is not dependent. Do not include her in file.

Please follow the detailed guide by clicking this link : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Read section "Dependent Children".

I strongly suggest you to thoroughly read the guide for better understanding.
THank you very much it's very helpful

Reactions: Chintan.patel

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What is used to confirm residency? What if the child (sponsor) has residency in USA and citizenship in Canada and goes to USA for work and still maintains their address in Canada (lease, hydro etc)?

doesn’t that count as residency in Canada?
Yes. As replied. If you live and work in US and only keep a house/condo own/lease in Canada, then Canada is NOT your primary resident.
So you are not considered as residing/living in Canada.

Reactions: Vickyehi

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I have this question. Could anyone help me answer, please ?

I'm planning to apply a super visa for my mom while waiting for her parental sponsorship to be processed. Does the super visa application cause any trouble for the parental sponsorship application ?

Thanks,
No issue but your mother can not move to Canada on a supervisa so should arrive in Canada like any other visitor with a home to return to, without all her belongings,etc. Until she lands as a PR she remains a visitor and could have to return home if for whatever reason her PR application is denied.

Reactions: tam_ngo

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023
I am unable to answer any question related to dependant under 18 questions as I do not have that scenario with my file.

For native language field - just type name in English.

Yes mention visitor visa refusals. Be honest as much as you can with IRCC.
Thank you.
I watched some videos and figured for "Name in native language".
One can use google translate and type the name in English and convert in your native language and copy/paste on the form.
This worked so sharing here in case someone else asks the same question.
Thanks again.

Clementina*

Oct 31, 2023
Hello everyone.

I got the invitation to sponsor my Mom on October 17, 2023 but then I have a concern. I am a citizen but currently out of the country for the next 12 to 18 months to join my husband who works outside of the country. Our relocation is temporary as I earlier said. We only leased out our property for now which is our main address.

My Mom is a widow who have been shuttling between Canada and our home country on visiting visa. I left Canada July 2023 after I resigned from my job and the I received this invitation to sponsor from 2020. I met the three years income. But on the sponsrship Declaration form, it says you can still sponsor being a citizen even when you reside out of Canada. Even though it says you can't sponsor if you are not in Canada. All my siblings are citizens and Permanent residents of Canada except for one is a student. Can my Mom's PR still be granted even though I am not in Canada now but coming back soon. I met all the income requirements. I have waited for years for this opportunity that came just when I stepped out of the country.
Please advise me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone.

I got the invitation to sponsor my Mom on October 17, 2023 but then I have a concern. I am a citizen but currently out of the country for the next 12 to 18 months to join my husband who works outside of the country. Our relocation is temporary as I earlier said. We only leased out our property for now which is our main address.

My Mom is a widow who have been shuttling between Canada and our home country on visiting visa. I left Canada July 2023 after I resigned from my job and the I received this invitation to sponsor from 2020. I met the three years income. But on the sponsrship Declaration form, it says you can still sponsor being a citizen even when you reside out of Canada. Even though it says you can't sponsor if you are not in Canada. All my siblings are citizens and Permanent residents of Canada except for one is a student. Can my Mom's PR still be granted even though I am not in Canada now but coming back soon. I met all the income requirements. I have waited for years for this opportunity that came just when I stepped out of the country.
Please advise me.
You have to pick a priority. If it's your mother's PR application, then you'll need to return to Canada now to submit the application and then continue to live in Canada until her PR application is approved. Short trips outside of Canada will be fine. But you'll need to be spending the majority of your time living in the country.

The rule for sponsorship while outside of Canada only applies to Canadian citizens sponsoring their spouses.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Guys on Uploading the Picture of Principal applicant, So upload both, the Front and the back of the ID Picture?
I guess i'm going to take a picture of the back and upload it. Is that correct?

Abbass

Dec 7, 2011
Guys on Uploading the Picture of Principal applicant, So upload both, the Front and the back of the ID Picture?
I guess i'm going to take a picture of the back and upload it. Is that correct?
You can label them as front and back but yes, you have to upload both sides

Reactions: pedropil

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016