+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Helo Heli,

Can you please confirm about the residency requirement for the sponsor. Since your both parents got PR so you will know better.
Like do the sponsor has to live for the whole time in canada? Can spnsor move to US during the process or not?
And is it only for the duration of application? and once parents become PR you can move?
I am a bit confuse about this given the primary residential address would remain the same.
Thanks
Hi,
I don't know about residency requirement for the sponsor because I am canadian resident only.

Here is your answer to your question as per CIC website

Who can’t sponsor a parent or grandparent
You can’t sponsor your parents and grandparents if

• you haven’t been invited to apply
  • you’re less than 18 years old
  • you won’t live in Canada when you apply to sponsor your parents and grandparents and/or when your parents and grandparents become permanent residents
    • Your primary residential address must be in Canada when you submit your application and until we make a decision on your application.
  • you’re not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
  • you’re a temporary resident, that is you’re visiting, studying or working in Canada on a visa or permit
  • your permanent residence application is still in process
    • You must have permanent resident status at the time you submit your sponsorship application
  • your proof of income shows you don’t have enough money to support the people you want to sponsor
Here is the link for eligibity:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/eligibility.html

I hope I answered your question.

Reactions: YVR123

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023
Hi,
I don't know about residency requirement for the sponsor because I am canadian resident only.

Here is your answer to your question as per CIC website

Who can’t sponsor a parent or grandparent
You can’t sponsor your parents and grandparents if

• you haven’t been invited to apply
  • you’re less than 18 years old
  • you won’t live in Canada when you apply to sponsor your parents and grandparents and/or when your parents and grandparents become permanent residents
    • Your primary residential address must be in Canada when you submit your application and until we make a decision on your application.
  • you’re not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
  • you’re a temporary resident, that is you’re visiting, studying or working in Canada on a visa or permit
  • your permanent residence application is still in process
    • You must have permanent resident status at the time you submit your sponsorship application
  • your proof of income shows you don’t have enough money to support the people you want to sponsor
Here is the link for eligibity:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/eligibility.html

I hope I answered your question.
Yeah, this part is confusing me.
"
you won’t live in Canada when you apply to sponsor your parents and grandparents and/or when your parents and grandparents become permanent residents
"
I am citizen so "won't live" is confusing me... though the second part is self explanatory ABOUT ADDRESS.

Sbs21

Aug 19, 2021
Hi All,
For my parent PGP 2023 application .. i have below clarifications. - if you can help please with feedbacks - Looking forward to connect with you few members who are in process of applying and also if seniors to support during filing.

1. Me, my spouse are PRs and 1 kid is Canadian citizen. I am sponsoring my 2 parents without need of Co-signer - Still my family Size is 5 right ? -
in IMM5768* form - 3Bi question - Number of persons included previous undertakings - 1 ? Because i initially sponsored my spouse for PR.
2. IF another kid gets added next year do we have to intimate IRCC accordingly during the application is in process?
3. If I am not including the spouse as co-signer , DO I still need to provide her employment history and Income details in IMM5768 ?
4. The Income requirements - LICO - is referring to total Income - Before any deductions correct? (That is Gross income - before CPP/EI/RRSP etc., )
5. IMM5748 is not needed if I DONT Select "NO" for questions 8,16 in 5768 right ?
6. In IMM0008 form the address of the principal applicant - my father - is Indian citizen need to be indian address correct? they have not stayed in canada more than 6months at any time

Regards !

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
"
you won’t live in Canada when you apply to sponsor your parents and grandparents and/or when your parents and grandparents become permanent residents
"
I am citizen so "won't live" is confusing me... though the second part is self explanatory ABOUT ADDRESS.
Yes second part is the big explanation.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,
For my parent PGP 2023 application .. i have below clarifications. - if you can help please with feedbacks - Looking forward to connect with you few members who are in process of applying and also if seniors to support during filing.

1. Me, my spouse are PRs and 1 kid is Canadian citizen. I am sponsoring my 2 parents without need of Co-signer - Still my family Size is 5 right ? -
in IMM5768* form - 3Bi question - Number of persons included previous undertakings - 1 ? Because i initially sponsored my spouse for PR.
2. IF another kid gets added next year do we have to intimate IRCC accordingly during the application is in process?
3. If I am not including the spouse as co-signer , DO I still need to provide her employment history and Income details in IMM5768 ?
4. The Income requirements - LICO - is referring to total Income - Before any deductions correct? (That is Gross income - before CPP/EI/RRSP etc., )
5. IMM5748 is not needed if I DONT Select "NO" for questions 8,16 in 5768 right ?
6. In IMM0008 form the address of the principal applicant - my father - is Indian citizen need to be indian address correct? they have not stayed in canada more than 6months at any time

Regards !
Hi,
1. yes family size is 5.
2. Yes if another kid add then you have to meet income requirement for family size by increase number.
3. As I know no you don't need to provid the income details.
4. Yes total gross income.
5. I don't know this as i didn't see this year form.
6.Yes indian address.

kevinmanojkumar1990

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Hello, I am filling out my parents application . I was looking at the forms supplementary informatin- your travels . On the PR portal the form number is IMM 5562 , in the document checklist the form number is IMM 5662. Are they same form?
I am a bit confused with this one as well. I am thinking its the same and maybe the form needs an update. pls let me know what you plan to do

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
"
"
IMO this is all extremely straight forward. The fact you are a citizen has nothing to do with the "won't live".

It's very simple. If the sponsor is living and working in another country other than Canada, then don't qualify to sponsor. The sponsor must be living primarily in Canada (which is what the primary address refers to). The sponsor must also continue to primarily live in Canada until PR is approved. If the sponsor moves to another country while PR is in progress, the application may be refused. So in your scenario, if getting PR for your parents in the priority, then you don't want to move to the US to live and work until after they have become PRs.

Reactions: YVR123

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Everyone, plz join the above what’s app group. Response will be much faster and we can collaborate real time. Plz plz join the link. Let’s help each other. Currently we have around 17 participants.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
IMO this is all extremely straight forward. The fact you are a citizen has nothing to do with the "won't live".

It's very simple. If the sponsor is living and working in another country other than Canada, then don't qualify to sponsor. The sponsor must be living primarily in Canada (which is what the primary address refers to). The sponsor must also continue to primarily live in Canada until PR is approved. If the sponsor moves to another country while PR is in progress, the application may be refused. So in your scenario, if getting PR for your parents in the priority, then you don't want to move to the US to live and work until after they have become PRs.
agreed

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023

Form IMM 1344 E Q4 of sponsor eligibilty part says this:
"Do you reside in Canada and in no other country?" If you answered "No", but are a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada, you may still be eligible to sponsor. "

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Form IMM 1344 E Q4 of sponsor eligibilty part says this:
"Do you reside in Canada and in no other country?" If you answered "No", but are a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada, you may still be eligible to sponsor. "
Yep - that statement applies to sponsorships of spouses / common law partners and dependent children. That is why the word "may" is used. Does not apply to PGP. A Canadian citizen living outside of Canada can still sponsor their spouse / common law partner and/or dependent children.

Reactions: faaarii

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hi chintan
My parents are here since 2011, I sponsered them back in 2005. 2021 my in laws got in draw and got PR in February 2023. So now I don't to need to worry about parents sponsership.
I hope your inlaws file also process quick like year 2021.
Oh good to know. Thanks Heli :)