+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Just wanna share my timeline here. Similar to @nims38, I wasn't able to get any update for a long time after I submitted the requested additional docs so I did a web form(on Apr 26) asking if there was anything wrong with the docs. Got a reply within a week and soon after that they started processing my application.

One question if anyone can help clarify, does CIC send separate pre-arrival service letters to principle and dependent or just one to the principle?

Invitation Received: 12-Oct-2023
Application Submitted:19- Nov-2023(Parents not in Canada)
Additional Docs Request: 26-Feb-2024 (IMM5406)
Additional Docs Submitted: 27-Feb-2024
AOR Received: Never Received
Biometric Request: 02-May-2024
GCkey linked: 02-May-2024
Medical request: 03-May-2024
PCC request: 06-May-2024
Biometric Completed: 08- May -2024
Medical Completed: 08-May-2024
Sponsor Approval: 08-May-2024
Medical Passed: 13-May-2024
PCC Uploaded: 13-May-2024
Pre-arrival Letter: 17-May-2024
PR Portal: Waiting
eCOPR: Waiting
How can you see medical passed?

Glory@2019

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Thanks for the response will definitely create one. Another question they ask for proof of relationship after I sent my birth certificate and they say is insufficient, can I send a sworn affidavit from my mom as proof of relationship.

Glory@2019

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Pls can I send a sworn affidavit from my mom as proof of relationship as they request for more information on proof of relationship. The letter sent says the birth certificate I sent is insufficient for proof of relationship. Pls help me with a response. Thanks in advance

Glory@2019

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
I sent birth certificate initially with the application, but they said is insufficient, so can I send a sworn affidavit from my mom as proof of relationship or what other documents I can send.

Glory@2019

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
For proof of relationship to your mum, your birth certificate should be valid if both you and your mom's names are well identified on the document. In my case, my birth certificate was not accepted as a proof of relationship to my mom because of mis-match of names on it. Though my mom's name was clearly identified on it, my first name there does not match what's on my passport. Therefore, I was asked to provide additional proof. Fortunately, my baptismal card which had all my legal names and that of my mom's was submitted and it was accepted.
I sent a birth certificate with the application, but the email sent for additional documents says is insufficient, can I send a sworn affidavit from my mom as proof of relationship. I am sponsoring my mom. Thanks for your response

Solarmanng

Nov 11, 2015
I sent a birth certificate with the application, but the email sent for additional documents says is insufficient, can I send a sworn affidavit from my mom as proof of relationship. I am sponsoring my mom. Thanks for your response

You asked if you could use sworn affidavits from your mom as a proof of relationship to her; I’m not an expert in this but I kind of feel that will not fly.
You have to check again about what other documents in which she had been listed as your mom in the past.
Just out of curiosity, was she not identified as your parent in your birth certificate that IRCC deemed insufficient as a proof?
Depending on your country of origin, there may be other forms of documents that will serve this purpose.

Glory@2019

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
You asked if you could use sworn affidavits from your mom as a proof of relationship to her; I’m not an expert in this but I kind of feel that will not fly.
You have to check again about what other documents in which she had been listed as your mom in the past.
Just out of curiosity, was she not identified as your parent in your birth certificate that IRCC deemed insufficient as a proof?
Depending on your country of origin, there may be other forms of documents that will serve this purpose.
I sent a soft copy of my birth certificate with my parents names , but they said insufficient information, and we can’t find the hard copy.

Glory@2019

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Yes she was identified with the copy I sent a soft copy with the application as we don’t have the hard copy is missing. I am a Nigerian.

Glory@2019

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
I sent a soft copy of my birth certificate with my parents names , but they said insufficient information, and we can’t find the hard copy.
Though my mom is planning get another copy of my birth certificate. So when they ask for birth certificate/proof of relationship does that mean either one of the two right?

Solarmanng

Nov 11, 2015
Yes she was identified with the copy I sent a soft copy with the application as we don’t have the hard copy is missing. I am a Nigerian.
Were all your legal names identified on the birth certificate? Sometimes, if the certificate’s names don’t match with your legal names, IRCC will be asking for additional proof. If this is the case, you will need to provide that explanation.

Just thinking this might help also; consider adding your marriage certificate as a proof (assuming you’re already married while in Nigeria). Generally, the marriage certificates there identifies parent of each spouse.
And well crafted letter of explanation could be used to back it up. Good luck!

Glory@2019

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Were all your legal names identified on the birth certificate? Sometimes, if the certificate’s names don’t match with your legal names, IRCC will be asking for additional proof. If this is the case, you will need to provide that explanation.

Just thinking this might help also; consider adding your marriage certificate as a proof (assuming you’re already married while in Nigeria). Generally, the marriage certificates there identifies parent of each spouse.
And well crafted letter of explanation could be used to back it up. Good luck!
Thanks for the response am working on getting a birth certificate soon and backing it up with letter of explanation. I don’t have marriage certificate still single

Reactions: Solarmanng

Glory@2019

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Pls I have a question will appreciate if anyone can give me a valid response. Can I apply for super visa for my mom while pGP application in progress. Thanks in advance.