+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
In case if it helps someone:
I was really anxious as I wasn't able to link my parents PR application. On 13th May (Monday) I submitted a web form and asked for the status, received a reply on 15th May (Wednesday) that the application is in progress and the document has been received. Today, 17th May (Friday), I was able to link the application and noticing that the letter "X" before the application number has been removed as well.

Summary: Sometimes by raising a webform, you get the updates immediately after the response. Same thing happened with me when I applied for my own PR.

All the best!
May I know which webform link you used?

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
My mom got an email for additional medical test to be done. Anyone has any experience on this? The physician on the day of the medical exam told her all is fine and should not any issues. I heard many people getting asked for sputum culture for TB.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

my parents PR got approved and they have the Visa stamping done. They are planning to travel tomorrow, but I’m just reading online that they need CoPR to land. They don’t recall having received CoPR with the visa stamping. Is CoPR required for travel?
CoPR is required. Ask your parents to double-check the decision envelope they got from VFS. It ought to be there. PR landing can't be done without it.

Reactions: singhshaman

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
My mom got an email for additional medical test to be done. Anyone has any experience on this? The physician on the day of the medical exam told her all is fine and should not any issues. I heard many people getting asked for sputum culture for TB.
Following your post. My dad has to do it when applied for Supervisa.

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Hi , I applied last month for my mom dad from Brampton BLS , for address proof for your mother make a self declaration from you that your mom is here as visitor so she don’t have any Canadian identity . Please use my Canadian driver s licence and attach your driving licence.

timeline for me:
In person Bls : 18 April-2024
Transfer to police department in India: 29 April
PCC report clear for issuance: 12May

received at home 18 May after requesting to CGI.

any question PM me.
How do you know that file was transferred to Indian police on April 29?

Reactions: Adeep2112

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023
I am on the same boat. Nothing happened since I submitted the application on Nov 20th.

Did anyone submit their application in November 2023 but still received nothing yet? Can anyone please help advise what action I can take? I submitted application last November not nothing came in and I can't find the application in GCKEY. Thanks!

rajan818

May 9, 2016
Hi everyone,

my parents PR got approved and they have the Visa stamping done. They are planning to travel tomorrow, but I’m just reading online that they need CoPR to land. They don’t recall having received CoPR with the visa stamping. Is CoPR required for travel?
Hi, May I know how long IRCC took from the day they received their passport till the day you guys received it? My mom's passport is at IRCC office since May 7th and there is no movement yet. Thanks.

rajan818

May 9, 2016
Does anyone know how long is IRCC delhi taking to issue PR visa and COPR? My mom's passport is at their office since May 7th and there is no update yet. Thanks.