+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Nedi27

Star Member
Oct 19, 2023
I have question regarding the dependents, do I still have to put myself and my brother under dependents. I mean both of us are already in Canada (citizen) and the only one left is our half sister who is over 22 years old. Is it correct the only dependents that I can put is my sister but tagged it as no going with them?

vsamin65

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Again my bad luck this year even my son is having complete income criteria. Now today and Monday is the last day for lottery

Anybody knows that invitation sending work completed or still hope for 2 days.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have question regarding the dependents, do I still have to put myself and my brother under dependents. I mean both of us are already in Canada (citizen) and the only one left is our half sister who is over 22 years old. Is it correct the only dependents that I can put is my sister but tagged it as no going with them?
Your parents have no dependents. Dependents would need to be under 22 years old and not already Canadian. Youe sister is not a dependent.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Agree that IRCC need to follow their own rules. Enforcement with IRCC is incredibly lax. I sometimes wonder why we have rules if no follow-up. Read a case today where someone had been approved for PR after 10 years 3 H&C claims plus reconsiderations, asylum denied, RAD denied, JR denied, PPRA denied, 5 deportation attempts, etc. How is someone still in Canada after so many refusals and making it to the 3 rd H&C filing? Sure the whole process has cost over 100k for taxpayers. That said it is very difficult to create a system that everyone will feel is fair for parent sponsorship if we are going to have limited spots and high demand. The current system was to prioritize those who have met LICO since at least 2018 yet that isn’t what is actually happening. People’s expectation that
aren’t sponsorship will come soon after meeting LICO for 3 or that it is guaranteed will need to change. See many complaining that they have been waiting so long when they have met 3 years of LICO less than 1-2 years. A large number of people wait much longer to get selected for PGP. The government should do a better job clarifying that parent sponsorship is not guaranteed and could take10+ years.
Lax is being generous. Inept, incompetent, lazy, all come to mind . Then people assume that anything goes .The IRCC should follow the Americans when it comes to immigration rules. When I worked at EI , I’ve seen people get denied benefits for being short ONE hour in insurable hours . An individual was short 30 minutes. Nope, benefits denied . Then you got this fiasco called the IRCC, and individuals demanding everything. Individuals who are in no position to demand anything . Or mention even the idea of manipulating their income to meet the LICO set . Even when it’s extremely low to begin with . Or the real kicker are ones demanding special consideration that they have paid taxes .
Seriously? It’s even more so embarrassing when this government mentioned one time that it was imperative that the voters maintained confidence in the system .

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The IRCC should follow the Americans when it comes to immigration rules.
The US allows parent sponsorship with no caps or lottery but with the requirement that the sponsoring child be a US citizen (green card holders cannot sponsor their parents).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
this would be fantastic.
Well it actually wasn't fantastic when Canada had this set up. It was pretty horrible. It's actually one of the reasons the caps / lottery / FIFO were introduced. Processing time for parent sponsorships grew to 15+ years because of application volumes. Parents literally died while waiting or became so unhealthy that they couldn't pass the medical and were refused. People back then were actually in favour of the caps since the unlimited application process was so bad.

The reason why the US doesn't have this issue is health coverage. Once a parent is a PR in Canada, they obviously qualify for coverage. In the US, this isn't the case. Many people cannot afford to bring their parents to the US permanently since they cannot afford the insanely high costs of insurance and health care.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Well it actually wasn't fantastic when Canada had this set up. It was pretty horrible. It's actually one of the reasons the caps / lottery / FIFO were introduced. Processing time for parent sponsorships grew to 15+ years because of application volumes. Parents literally died while waiting or became so unhealthy that they couldn't pass the medical and were refused. People back then were actually in favour of the caps since the unlimited application process was so bad.

The reason why the US doesn't have this issue is health coverage. Once a parent is a PR in Canada, they obviously qualify for coverage. In the US, this isn't the case. Many people cannot afford to bring their parents to the US permanently since they cannot afford the insanely high costs of insurance and health care.
Thanks for details

Reactions: find_anand

joy02

Jan 13, 2019
Did anyone got invitation for today? My mom and dad is here with me and they’ll be going back home in the Philippines next month. My 8 yr old son is crying already and been pleasing my mom not to go back home. Did anyone got any invitation with confirmation number starting with 24***** and ends with -20?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Did anyone got invitation for today? My mom and dad is here with me and they’ll be going back home in the Philippines next month. My 8 yr old son is crying already and been pleasing my mom not to go back home. Did anyone got any invitation with confirmation number starting with 24***** and ends with -20?
Few days back some one mentioned they got for confirmation number starting with 22.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-grandparents-program-pgp-2023.822196/post-10639251

Suppose your invitation come also then how come this will calm your son ? you are aware about PGP processing time?

you could have opted for Super Visa . so that your parents can stay 5 year at one stay

Last edited:

Teegirl

Dec 3, 2022
I submitted PGP application since December 24, 2022. I haven't heard from IRCC other than the additional document financial Evaluation form which I filled and sent back to them in May 04, 2023. please do I fill a web form to inquire about the application or just keep waiting? Thanks