+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Guys
We had applied for our mother in 2018, and havent received any email.
Does that mean we haven't been lucky through lottery? Is there any additional place we can verify if we were selected?
The result of lucky draw was out on March 19-20 and the emails have been sent since... The deadline for submission of the app is May 25, 2018.
You can check the information on this website
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/selected.html

Har_hi

Mar 19, 2018
Hi all,
I've mailed the package to Ottawa last Wednesday morning by Xpresspost, it is still on its way (!!!!). Meanwhile, I've just received a reminder for Immigration Canada to hurry up:
Dear Client,
This e-mail is a friendly reminder regarding the Parents and Grandparents Program. The deadline for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to receive your complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents is quickly approaching. Please read the attachment for very important information on the submission of your application.
I have received the similar email, My file was delivered on April 24th but still no AOR......I am worried that if they received our file or not .

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi all,
I've mailed the package to Ottawa last Wednesday morning by Xpresspost, it is still on its way (!!!!). Meanwhile, I've just received a reminder for Immigration Canada to hurry up:
Dear Client,
This e-mail is a friendly reminder regarding the Parents and Grandparents Program. The deadline for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to receive your complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents is quickly approaching. Please read the attachment for very important information on the submission of your application.

IRCC sent a reminder to submit the file?!?!? That is something new.:)

Anyways, I do understand your anxiety, but don't worry, your application should be received in Ottawa sometime this week.

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hello ,
Please help with the following queries:

1. As a part of doc checklist, do I have to send them "certified" photocopies of my requested docs.
2. For point 5. "Copy of travel doc or pass for the principal app & each dependent" - Should I include all of their passport pages (most of them are blank) or just first & last or first and last and pages with stamps.
3. and should I have to certify these pages I mean all of them or just one ( i mean not sure how they charge for notary certification per doc or per page ) , since my parents has send me their scanned passports via email so I'm not sure if I can get certified them from here or they need to be from india
4. They also sent their scanned marriage certificate via email so again do they have to certify the copy from India or I can get it certified form here.
4. I have seen few people have asked about how to submit the bundle so I'm asking same , what doc go on top, can we use the paper clip to bundle the forms together, etc. please suggest

Thanks,

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Received a friendly reminder to submit docs (the reminder indicates that they are sending it to everyone who was selected)

Reactions: gst8486

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hello ,
Please help with the following queries:

1. As a part of doc checklist, do I have to send them "certified" photocopies of my requested docs.
2. For point 5. "Copy of travel doc or pass for the principal app & each dependent" - Should I include all of their passport pages (most of them are blank) or just first & last or first and last and pages with stamps.
3. and should I have to certify these pages I mean all of them or just one ( i mean not sure how they charge for notary certification per doc or per page ) , since my parents has send me their scanned passports via email so I'm not sure if I can get certified them from here or they need to be from india
4. They also sent their scanned marriage certificate via email so again do they have to certify the copy from India or I can get it certified form here.
4. I have seen few people have asked about how to submit the bundle so I'm asking same , what doc go on top, can we use the paper clip to bundle the forms together, etc. please suggest

Thanks,
1. Regular photocopies will be fine. But if you are submitting any affidavits, make sure that you are providing original affidavits with application.

2. Include copy of pages with your parents details (Name, DOB, Passport#, Address etc). Also take copy of the pages with Visa for Canada or any other country (if applicable). Copies of blank pages not required.

3. Again, only regular photocopy or printout of scanned pages will work, no certification or attestation required.

4. Regular printout of scanned copy of their marriage certificate will be fine.

5. Make sure you do not staple any document or pages. Also put the pictures in a small envelope and just use a paper clip to keep the documents and photograph envelope together. Also write the following details on the envelope:

• Photograph of Applicant (Name of Applicant:____________, Date of Birth:________, Passport#____________, UCI:__________)
  • Photograph of spouse of Applicant (Name of Spouse of Applicant:____________, Date of Birth:________, Passport#____________, UCI:__________)

Last edited:

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
1. Regular photocopies will be fine. But if you are submitting any affidavits, make sure that you are providing original affidavits with application.

2. Include copy of pages with your parents details (Name, DOB, Passport#, Address etc). Also take copy of the pages with Visa for Canada or any other country (if applicable). Copies of blank pages not required.

3. Again, only regular photocopy or printout of scanned pages will work, no certification or attestation required.

4. Regular printout of scanned copy of their marriage certificate will be fine.

5. Make sure you do not staple any document or pages. Also add the pictures in a small envelope and just use a paper clip to keep the documents and photograph envelope together. Also write the following details on the envelope:

• Photograph of Applicant (Name of Applicant:____________, Date of Birth:________, Passport#____________, UCI:__________)
  • Photograph of spouse of Applicant (Name of Spouse of Applicant:____________, Date of Birth:________, Passport#____________, UCI:__________)
much much appreciated gst8486, thanks a lot dear.

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hi all,
I've mailed the package to Ottawa last Wednesday morning by Xpresspost, it is still on its way (!!!!). Meanwhile, I've just received a reminder from Immigration Canada to hurry up:
Dear Client,
That's interesting. So I guess, these who have not received this can consider their application was received :D

Leo_1983

Mar 21, 2018
To help you without confusing you, i have created the below example, infact this is the exact method i followed for my application:

Assuming that you are making $100,000 per annum since 2015 and you have worked for 4 different companies and your family size has been 5 since 2015, I have filled the section 14 of form in year-wise fashion, and I would suggest you to pick gross income mentioned in your NOAs.

For your employment from 2018-01-01 to present, you can total the salary as per your paychecks. Make sure you leave no gaps inbetween the dates. Hopefully this helps!
Hello @gst8486 ,
First of all, Thank you for all the assistance and insights you provide to everyone on this forum which help answering few queries by looking at your reply to others. I have a follow up question to the above explanation you provided with regards to my used case, hoping that you can help me out as well.

In my case, tho employed by the same company since 2010 , the name of the Parent Company have changed due to mergers and acquisitions over the period) and also I was moved under the US sister company briefly ( the name of the company changed and was paid in USD) and was later transferred back under the Canadian registered firm.
With regards to providing the employment history :-
1. Shall I give the name of the current employer with the details, or
2. Should I provide the details of the different names with company after the mergers , tho I did not receive any new offer letters or salary. The only major change was the transfer to the US firm and the back who by the same employer. I do have a employment reference letter which states my employment with the company since 2010.

Please advice. Thank you in Advance!

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
That's interesting. So I guess, these who have not received this can consider their application was received :D
Yeah, that sounds like that. I have submitted the application by Xpress Post, said delivered on April 20th, 2018 but I have not received any AOR.
And I have not received any short of email reminder either!!!
:))

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Hello experts, I was also in lucky draw and received invitation for my parents. I am going to submit my applications in few days. If you could please help me in replying my queries.

1- My father went to school till 8th class as per Indian school of system but he did not have any certification and also we do not remember the start and end date of schooling because it was in fiftees. Same for my mother. What should I write in that Education History section including Field of Study, institution name etc ?

2- I am applying for my one younger sister and she is totally depending on my parents but she is above 22 years and falling under Type C category. I would like to add one letter requesting for her approval as well on compassionate grounds because she is disabled and cannot speak well and cannot hear properly. Means she is deaf and dumb. Can anyone help me out to share any sample letter. I would really appreciate for that.

asap

Jul 8, 2011