+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Thanusnstones

Apr 25, 2018
ques:

Is it safer to send the application package with "signature required"? or will they return it incase nobody is their to sign & receive the package?

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
ques:

Is it safer to send the application package with "signature required"? or will they return it incase nobody is their to sign & receive the package?
If there is no one to receive the package, it doesn't matter, as it will stay at the post office :) Anyway, I've got it signed. When you send to PO box, they usually leave a notice in it instead of the package itself, and the receiver has to come and sign at the counter. Not sure about CIC case, maybe the have some special PO box.

Thanusnstones

Apr 25, 2018
If there is no one to receive the package, it doesn't matter, as it will stay at the post office :) Anyway, I've got it signed. When you send to PO box, they usually leave a notice in it instead of the package itself, and the receiver has to come and sign at the counter. Not sure about CIC case, maybe the have some special PO box.
they must be receiving hundreds of apps everyday, so there should be someone to receive them. just trying to look for the safest/fastest option though.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
they must be receiving hundreds of apps everyday, so there should be someone to receive them. just trying to look for the safest/fastest option though.
Always sent all my immigration applications by Xpresspost, no signature option to the PO Box, and always got a signature on the online tracker. .

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Received this just now, however they already have my application on 3rd May

"This is a friendly reminder that you were selected to submit a complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents as part of the 2018 Parents and Grandparents Program.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada must receive your complete application to sponsor your
parents and grandparents on or before Friday May 25, 2018 or you will not be able to sponsor your
parents and grandparents through the 2018 parent and grandparent intake process.
This reminder is being sent to everyone selected to submit a complete application. If you have already
submitted your complete application, no further action is required at this time.

Please note that incomplete applications will be returned to you and will not be processed."

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017

"This is a friendly reminder that you were selected to submit a complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents as part of the 2018 Parents and Grandparents Program.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada must receive your complete application to sponsor your
parents and grandparents on or before Friday May 25, 2018 or you will not be able to sponsor your
parents and grandparents through the 2018 parent and grandparent intake process.
This reminder is being sent to everyone selected to submit a complete application. If you have already
submitted your complete application, no further action is required at this time.

Please note that incomplete applications will be returned to you and will not be processed."
Yeah, looks like everyone is receiving it. Not in the same time though.

Reactions: Lacanlalemoses

sarah30

Apr 3, 2018

I received the same thing. I haven't posted my application yet and planning to send it by Monday.

sarah30

Apr 3, 2018
I was reviewing my application package and a question came to my mind regarding the Financial evaluation form.
I just wanted to make sure if in those 2 tables for 3 years jobs of the sponsor and cosigner, in the last part which is asking family size. Shall we enter the family size which we had been so for or the new upcoming one as of sponsoring parents?

Reactions: Chantelp

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
I was reviewing my application package and a question came to my mind regarding the Financial evaluation form.
I just wanted to make sure if in those 2 tables for 3 years jobs of the sponsor and cosigner, in the last part which is asking family size. Shall we enter the family size which we had been so for or the new upcoming one as of sponsoring parents?
I noted family size corresponding to the period as Parents sponsorship was irrelevant in those years

Daisy2018

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Can i ask an irrelevant question, my mom has super visa (she's not selected for the lottery) and has her annual insurance expiring in end Sept/beg. Oct. I want to take her to the states around September. does anyone know if we need to buy another insurance in order to come back to Canada? the insurance itself is more expensive than the trip unfortunately.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Can i ask an irrelevant question, my mom has super visa (she's not selected for the lottery) and has her annual insurance expiring in end Sept/beg. Oct. I want to take her to the states around September. does anyone know if we need to buy another insurance in order to come back to Canada? the insurance itself is more expensive than the trip unfortunately.
Does she plan to continue to stay in Canada? If so, wouldn't she need insurance anyway. Insurance is better than paying hospital bills in case anything happen.

abirdie

Oct 1, 2012
Hello,
Which address to send parents sponsorship application?
On the email I received from CIC mississauaga, they asked to send it to ottawa but on the cic website the mailing address is mississauga. Guys, whose applications are in process, can you please suggest which address you used?
I live in Toronto.

Thanks

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello,
Which address to send parents sponsorship application?
On the email I received from CIC mississauaga, they asked to send it to ottawa but on the cic website the mailing address is mississauga. Guys, whose applications are in process, can you please suggest which address you used?
I live in Toronto.

Thanks
There is only one address, mentioned on the sponsorship invitation letter and on the guide. Send to Ottawa.

CPC-M-PGP
PO BOX 8020, STN T CSC
Ottawa, ON
K1G 3H6
Please note:
Although Ottawa address is shown above, all applications will continue to be processed at our Case Processing Centre in Mississauga.

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hello Everyone,
Another last stage quick question:

My parents sent me the signed files without validating and I was thinking I can use signed page from their file and rest of the pages I can print here but i have few concerns:
1. The page size they sent is different than regular, i believe they sent A4 ( 11.5 * 8.5) and we have paper size letter (11 * 8.5), so if I'm using one of the signed page from their file then it looks odd.
2. Since they printed the file without validating so forms like IMM 1344 is 7 pages for them and after validating its 8 pages so for me signed page header will say Page 7 of 8 and they signed page they sent me says Page 7 of 7 .

Please advise what should I do :

Option 1: use the signed page from them and print rest of the pages after validating even the signed page is of different size? and header says Page 7 of 7 ( I can use the whitener to change it to Page 7 of 8?)
Option 2: Go ahead with using the file sent by them even if it is not validated ?

Please help asap.

Thanks,

CANADA_ROCKS

May 8, 2018
How does one check E-Case status for sponsor? I see in the excel sheet that everyone's status is "Application received" for sponsor.