+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Notestforme

Jan 26, 2018
I was wondering...
1. What if my application is incomplete and sent back to me by CIC do I need to resubmit by May 25th or they will provide me with more time?
2. How can I check ecas before getting AOR ? I have tried to put a receipt number ( payment) and applicant ( parent) details with no luck. Must say that my application arrived last Friday and it might be too early but is this the right way?
Buy the way, I did not get reminder email as well yet
Thanks

prettyAKO

Star Member
May 31, 2016
I have received the similar email, My file was delivered on April 24th but still no AOR......I am worried that if they received our file or not .
They received my
I was wondering...
1. What if my application is incomplete and sent back to me by CIC do I need to resubmit by May 25th or they will provide me with more time?
2. How can I check ecas before getting AOR ? I have tried to put a receipt number ( payment) and applicant ( parent) details with no luck. Must say that my application arrived last Friday and it might be too early but is this the right way?
Buy the way, I did not get reminder email as well yet
Thanks
hi, mine was incomplete when I submitted my application I missed to submit IMM 5748 since I answered NO to question 8 in IMM 5768, so they received my package April 30 2018 at ottawa, they emailed me On MAY 1, the address of the letter is Mississauga in the letter unnoticed that there's application number already, and they gave me 30 days to submit the missing form, but I don't wanna waste time so I submitted it the next day, just sharing, I can't still link in online my application even if there's application number already

Notestforme

Jan 26, 2018
They received my

hi, mine was incomplete when I submitted my application I missed to submit IMM 5748 since I answered NO to question 8 in IMM 5768, so they received my package April 30 2018 at ottawa, they emailed me On MAY 1, the address of the letter is Mississauga in the letter unnoticed that there's application number already, and they gave me 30 days to submit the missing form, but I don't wanna waste time so I submitted it the next day, just sharing, I can't still link in online my application even if there's application number already
Thank you! Sounds good to me. I found filling out this application more complicated than PR and Citizenship applications. Somehow confusing.
They opened your application the very next day! That's great.

htshum

May 7, 2018
Kemeshia:

You do not need to include your reference number. It has a barcode on the first st page, and says:

“Below is a barcode that will help our agents match the information you supplied when you submitted your interest to sponsor your parents. Please print this page, and include it as your first page when you submit your application.”

So, don’t sweat if you lost your reference number. As for seeing 15k reference numbers, I think that’s the preliminary list. They send out invitations to the first batch and have extra 5k as a backup in case some people are found to be not eligible. That’s just my thought.

Curious, eh? ;)
I totally missed this barcode page. What should I do if I didn't submit this page with the application? Should I resubmit another one? Do they check and match with my SIN #?

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
I totally missed this barcode page. What should I do if I didn't submit this page with the application? Should I resubmit another one? Do they check and match with my SIN #?
You should wait for their email and perhaps they will ask you to submit the invitation letter and just maybe you can submit it online

leviathan_55

Nov 20, 2013
Vancouver
IMM 5406 will be required to be filled by your Father and Mother separately, not required from you or your brother (Sponsor). On top of the form IMM 5406, it says, The principle applicant, their spouse, and dependent need to fill their own copies. Make sure you type the names in English and then write the names in your native language (if other than English).
Thanks you

Reactions: gst8486

Whats happening

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Hi all,
Was wondering what are the processing times after application has been sent. I checked the processing time page and it said they are working on January 2014 application. Is that really true ? Are we looking at a 3-4 year processing time for PGP?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi all,
Was wondering what are the processing times after application has been sent. I checked the processing time page and it said they are working on January 2014 application. Is that really true ? Are we looking at a 3-4 year processing time for PGP?
true, even some cases from 2011
I see it will be faster for 2017-2018

Reactions: Whats happening

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Yeah, that sounds like that. I have submitted the application by Xpress Post, said delivered on April 20th, 2018 but I have not received any AOR.
And I have not received any short of email reminder either!!!
:))
If I can take my statement above back: I also have just received the email reminder from IRCC. They are sending the reminder to all selected sponsors.

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Yeah, that sounds like that. I have submitted the application by Xpress Post, said delivered on April 20th, 2018 but I have not received any AOR.
And I have not received any short of email reminder either!!!
:))
Ah.. Just got this reminder. Hopefully my theory is wrong after all ☺

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi,

Do anybody know what is the time frame to receive AOR ?

Thanks,
It can take anywhere from 30-90 days but can be quicker too. Some of us got ours in april 19 including me.

Zhuzhu

May 3, 2018
Yulia, please add me in.
Parents' country of citizenship - Ukraine. 1 widowed parent.
Province - BC
Invitation received - March 20th
Application received in Ottawa - May 8th

And, in case you don't know it already: Yulia, YOU ROCK!!! We all appreciate your effort in maintaining the spreadsheet.
And thank you to all the forum members who respond to questions! You help a lot.You rock, too!

Last edited: