+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Hi, I sent application for PGP-2018 for my parents in end of April by XpressPost, I remember that I checked that the application was received in Ottawa. But I misplaced the tracking number for Canada Post. I know this is unlikely, but does CIC have any record for missing application packages? If so, what will be my proof that I sent the application package? I should have been more careful with the tracking number but I guess it is too late now.
Try going on the same laptop and open the same browser as to where you had done the tracking number search, click on recently tracked items to see if it picks up the last tracking number.

Reactions: gst8486

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi, I sent application for PGP-2018 for my parents in end of April by XpressPost, I remember that I checked that the application was received in Ottawa. But I misplaced the tracking number for Canada Post. I know this is unlikely, but does CIC have any record for missing application packages? If so, what will be my proof that I sent the application package? I should have been more careful with the tracking number but I guess it is too late now.
I can understand your anxiety. I will suggest you to first try what innocentkool suggested in the above post. If that doesn't work, then call Canada Post and explain them your sitautuion. Canada Post representative will ask you the following info:

- Canada post location from where the application package was mailed
- Date on which package was dropped
- Your address
- CIC Address
- Mode of payment (Credit card or MasterCard)

I will also suggest you to call your bank (who's credit card or debit card you used to pay Canada post) and get the transaction related details, this might help you in case Canada Post hesitates to provide you information on the ground that they are not sure if you are the person who mailed the document.
Good Luck!

Reactions: innocentkool

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
I agree! As promised by government, they are checking if this year's quota of 10,000 spots is filled or not.

I feel that at this moment, IRCC has allocated/ diverted some resources to figure out if a second draw is needed.

I have a strong feeling that a second draw is coming, which will be good for many sponsors who are eligible and couldn't make it in the first draw.

Being said that, lets hope that the AORs show up in coming days. Good luck everyone!
I too hope to see 2nd draw but I think it is very unlikely. If you add up all the confirmation numbers on the IRCC website, it is actually 15,000 numbers, e.g. IRCC has picked/selected 15,000 potential sponsors to invite in the 1st round this year already.
What more interesting to know if there are more than 10,000 sponsors who are actually qualified to sponsor their parents? Will IRCC be accepting all the qualified sponsors, even if it's more than 10,000? I guess they can do that by taking the quota left over since last year...

Last edited:
Reactions: gst8486

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,

I am in process since June 7 , anyone has a idea how long it takes to get SA??

Thanks

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

Siraj2115

Jun 13, 2018
Hi, everyone i got selected too for pgp2018,my file delivered at Ottawa office on 7th may. But i didnt see anything yet. Where i find UCI

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi, everyone i got selected too for pgp2018,my file delivered at Ottawa office on 7th may. But i didnt see anything yet. Where i find UCI
UCI number is xxxx-xxxx or xxxxxxxx and is on your PR card or, if you have become citizen, it should be documented on your Canadian Citizenship Certificate.
There are lots of people in this forum whose files were received in Ottawa in late April and during May and yet to receive any AOR

Siraj2115

Jun 13, 2018
UCI number is xxxx-xxxx or xxxxxxxx and is on your PR card or, if you have become citizen, it should be documented on your Canadian Citizenship Certificate.
There are lots of people in this forum whose files were received in Ottawa in late April and during May and yet to receive any AOR
Thank you n best of luck

M.Prasla

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
Hi everyone, I am preparing super visa for my parents., please someone can help me to answer the following concern of mine?

1. I want to show my father's properties and business documents to justify his ties to the resident country. In which section I should provide this information and document?

2. Me and my wife together earn $104K, however, we both started our full-time permanent jobs on1st, May 2017 (i had have contracted job from 1st Jan to 17 march 2017), therefore, we got NOA for around 40K each (1st May-Dec 31st, 2017).
My question is, as I am applying for my parents so I have NOA for 40K 2017 and my income is 44K/year, but our household income is 104K as my wife earns 60K and her 2017 NOA is also around 40K. What if a visa offer just would see my NOA/salary (40K/44K) which is under LICOs income as I am calling MY parents. Or, they would also assess my wife's salary too so I would be good enough as per LICOs?

I know in my second question I am thinking too much, actually, my parents got reject Visit visa in 2015 when I try to call them for my convocation ceremony that's why this time I am very concern before applying.

I hope someone from this forum could able to help me out to answer my above concerns.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi everyone, I am preparing super visa for my parents., please someone can help me to answer the following concern of mine?

1. I want to show my father's properties and business documents to justify his ties to the resident country. In which section I should provide this information and document?
Additional Documents

2. Me and my wife together earn $104K, however, we both started our full-time permanent jobs on1st, May 2017 (i had have contracted job from 1st Jan to 17 march 2017), therefore, we got NOA for around 40K each (1st May-Dec 31st, 2017).
My question is, as I am applying for my parents so I have NOA for 40K 2017 and my income is 44K/year, but our household income is 104K as my wife earns 60K and her 2017 NOA is also around 40K. What if a visa offer just would see my NOA/salary (40K/44K) which is under LICOs income as I am calling MY parents. Or, they would also assess my wife's salary too so I would be good enough as per LICOs?

For Super Visa you can provide other proofs of your full income. e.g. Contract letter / Bank Statement etc. I am not 100 % sure but they might consider family income as well. NOA is not requirement in super visa its just most authentic proof of income for Super Visa

I know in my second question I am thinking too much, actually, my parents got reject Visit visa in 2015 when I try to call them for my convocation ceremony that's why this time I am very concern before applying.

I hope someone from this forum could able to help me out to answer my above concerns.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
though this thread is not for super visa but your answers are above
Please post your query on below thread for more affirmative answers
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parent-sponsorship-2018-income-lico.537502/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/super-visa-anyone-applied-as-yet.92637/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/supervisa.516080/

Good Luck

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Does the principal sponsor need to meet the income requirement alone? or is the co-sponsor applicant income considered as well?