NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
SYEDABOKHARI said:
I am july 4th Aor
Did u pay RPRF ?
Yes, I paid it at the same time I submitted my application on June 17.

imehdee

May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Outland)
NOC Code......
2175 & 1224
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
Not Received. BG in Progress.
I've been waiting (along with several other Pakistanis) for about 8 months now from the date of AOR (21st Jan), and apparently, all our applications are stuck at the Background Check or more precisely, Security Clearance stage. When I call CIC, they confirm that everything appears to be OK but the Security Check is in progress and that they can't provide any timelines on that.
My immigration lawyer, who's a Canadian citizen says, that I'm Pakistani and I am 28 - that's why the application is stuck at BG Check stage.

I planned everything around my immigration but unfortunately, it hasn't happened yet and there's literally nothing I can do about it.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
imehdee said:
My immigration lawyer, who's a Canadian citizen says, that I'm Pakistani and I am 28 - that's why the application is stuck at BG Check stage.
There is a long list of reasons for background checks to take a long time. Being 28 is not one of them. Even being from Pakistan might just cause a little bit of additional processing. But still many Pakistanis get it done pretty fast so it is not generic to the country.

Rest assured the lawyer (nor any one else) would have any idea about the reason of delay. If you are soo keen you can look at some info on thread titled "background checks explained" to give some insights into the process.

More likely reasons could be some sort of security clearance delay (which doesn't happen for every Pakistani), a very common name so too many records to match against from critical lists, or simply communication delays among parties involved in security clearances.

Stay put and follow up with CIC once a month.

SYEDABOKHARI

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
fkl said:
There is a long list of reasons for background checks to take a long time. Being 28 is not one of them. Even being from Pakistan might just cause a little bit of additional processing. But still many Pakistanis get it done pretty fast so it is not generic to the country.

Rest assured the lawyer (nor any one else) would have any idea about the reason of delay. If you are soo keen you can look at some info on thread titled
"background checks explained" to give some
insights into the process.

Very well said

More likely reasons could be some sort of security clearance delay (which doesn't happen for every Pakistani), a very common name so too many records to match against from critical lists, or simply communication delays among parties involved in security clearances.

A count ant

Apr 2, 2011
The Robust said:
Asalam u alikum every one,

I have been away from this forum for long time. I have two questions would appreciate your response on these.

1) I have ECA for my masters only which is from Uk do I need ECA for bachelors as well?

2) In EE does CIC asks for hard copies later or just we have to scan all docs and hard copies not required ?

Thank You!
WAS!

Sorry, I wouldnt be able to help you with your query but just wanted to ask you since i noticed your NOC is same as mine....in what program are you planning to apply?

I am an ACCA Member and from what I research, I see no prospects for me since I am based in Pakistan (and most of the programs require job offer letter) and my NOC is nowhere to be found in in-demand lists.

Would you interested in hearing from others in the same NOC!

coder101

Sep 15, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
SYEDABOKHARI said:
Eagerly waiting for your PPr so then hopefully i will get mine after few weeks
Thanks, buddy. We will both get our PPRs soon hopefully since our AORs are only a few days apart.

I am just surprised that my background check has already taken 2.5 weeks. Most people on this forum get PPR within a week after background check goes in progress.

imehdee

May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Outland)
NOC Code......
2175 & 1224
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
Not Received. BG in Progress.
fkl said:
Thanks for your response. What you say makes sense. I'll follow up with CIC.

mian mian

Jun 19, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SYEDABOKHARI said:
Who is waiting for over 100 days for PPR (fsw outland)
Yes dear I am here.
Who is waiting ppr since last 220 days.

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
Hello everyone,

Newbie here. I am 27, Single, Physician, currently in the U.S. Taken IELTS and expecting results in a few days, and ECA from MCC is in the process too.
My evaluation score is 73.
Do you fellas think I have a fair chance of getting selected from the pool and get an ITA in a year?

Any help would be appreciated.

coder101

Sep 15, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
Escobar Gaviria said:
Hello everyone,

Newbie here. I am 27, Single, Physician, currently in the U.S. Taken IELTS and expecting results in a few days, and ECA from MCC is in the process too.
My evaluation score is 73.
Do you fellas think I have a fair chance of getting selected from the pool and get an ITA in a year?

Any help would be appreciated.
You can calculate your score here. Just looking at your profile, I am fairly sure you will qualify through PNP.

BS022631986

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Guys do we need to provide both passport and CNIC during filling eApr.
As, I mentioned both as travel docs during EE profile creation.
Kind response shall be highly appreciated.

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
Thanks.

I have a quick question.

I've lived in the U.S on a B1/B2 visa for 3-4 days less than 6 months. Do I still need to get clearance certificate from FBI?
What should be the ideal time to apply for it, provided I am at step 1 of the FSW application?

Thanking in anticipation.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
BS022631986 said:
Guys do we need to provide both passport and CNIC during filling eApr.
As, I mentioned both as travel docs during EE profile creation.
Kind response shall be highly appreciated.
CIC's express entry website isn't made specific for a country. So it has a field of government issued id document in which at least passport is certainly something you would enter. Then you may or may not enter another document which can be CNIC.

So it is not mandatory but many people add it there. At the same time, many don't and get their entire PR process done without it.

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
I want to apply for Australian / New Zealand immigration as well as a backup in case there is no luck with Canada.

Any good consultants in Karachi anyone can identify / recommend for Australian / New Zealand immigration?