+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Applicants for Express Entry, Let's Network Here

BS022631986

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Rizwan AA,

I have had the same same case until today: ( today i have received my Islamabad PCC), i have been working in Islamabad since 2005 until Nov 2015, before moving to Rawalpindi. Earlier i posted in this group that i m facing difficulties in getting Islamabad PCC. ( my id card shows address of my hometown) however, on the safer side i have to apply for 3 PCC ( 1 from my hometown, 1 from RWP and 1 from Isd). so what i did i visited twice ISD Police office for PCC they said if i could provide letters from my employers showing address where i had lived, i did the same and after getting the Police verification from each police station where i lived, they have issued me a PCC today: Good luck and try to get PCC for the address u mentioned in ur background history form:

Regards:

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
BS022631986 said:
Rizwan AA,

I have had the same same case until today: ( today i have received my Islamabad PCC), i have been working in Islamabad since 2005 until Nov 2015, before moving to Rawalpindi. Earlier i posted in this group that i m facing difficulties in getting Islamabad PCC. ( my id card shows address of my hometown) however, on the safer side i have to apply for 3 PCC ( 1 from my hometown, 1 from RWP and 1 from Isd). so what i did i visited twice ISD Police office for PCC they said if i could provide letters from my employers showing address where i had lived, i did the same and after getting the Police verification from each police station where i lived, they have issued me a PCC today: Good luck and try to get PCC for the address u mentioned in ur background history form:

Regards:
It's additional work, but if you can easily do it then better do it.

I mentioned earlier, that people i know, they never supplied multiple PCC's, only one PCC from hometown and IRCC/CIC never rejected application nor they asked for further PCC for any specific area.

PCC is meant to be country specific. But i see, nowadays, applicants are more concerned about the area specific PCC's...

rkeys

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
06-07-2016
Nomination.....
15-07-2016
AOR Received.
16-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-10-2016
Hi,

I am in the process of filling PR application after nomination. After filling all forms I am now on the second page where I have to upload all the documents. My question is I cannot see any placeholder for uploading ECA and IELTS certificate? Only one placeholder is Education (diplomas/degrees). Should I combine my ECA and IELTS along with my educational certificate? Or we do not need to upload them at all as their information is already filled in the forms?

Can anyone share his/her experience on this who has filed the APR? Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rizwan150 said:
It's additional work, but if you can easily do it then better do it.

I mentioned earlier, that people i know, they never supplied multiple PCC's, only one PCC from hometown and IRCC/CIC never rejected application nor they asked for further PCC for any specific area.

PCC is meant to be country specific. But i see, nowadays, applicants are more concerned about the area specific PCC's...
They are more concerned because people make mistakes that can be avoided with common sense and there have been several rejections recently.

If you submit a PCC from home town that says you have lived at X from Y to Z, then you should fill address history matching that.

You cannot fill address history showing 3 different places at 3 different times but submitting a single PC covering only one of those.

I don't know of a single person who hasn't made this mistake and got any refusal (and i know at least 4 people very closely including myself who did and got through, plus another half a dozen ppl from this forum who had no issues).

All of these people lived / studied / worked in another city for some time (years) but finding it odd to go and get separate PC from there.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rkeys said:
My question is I cannot see any placeholder for uploading ECA and IELTS certificate? Only one placeholder is Education (diplomas/degrees). Should I combine my ECA and IELTS along with my educational certificate?
Combine them into a single document in education, put a bold first page Table of contents for that document. Follow this practice for every document you believe is needed but not separately asked for by CIC.

Though CIC does not ask for it explicitly, but if you make any mistake in entering ECA number or they are not able to locate your file for some reason, you could get a refusal if you haven't provided ECA. So its better to attach that to be safe.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
fkl said:
They are more concerned because people make mistakes that can be avoided with common sense and there have been several rejections recently.

If you submit a PCC from home town that says you have lived at X from Y to Z, then you should fill address history matching that.

You cannot fill address history showing 3 different places at 3 different times but submitting a single PC covering only one of those.

I don't know of a single person who hasn't made this mistake and got any refusal (and i know at least 4 people very closely including myself who did and got through, plus another half a dozen ppl from this forum who had no issues).

All of these people lived / studied / worked in another city for some time (years) but finding it odd to go and get separate PC from there.
Well,

I studied somewhere else and i worked somewhere else, i mentioned both addresses in personal history but i have provided PCC for the whole length of stay since birth till date for my home city only and no one asked a single question over this. Similar to me, many other friends have also filled the forms in similar way and provided single PCC covering complete time and no one ever got a single issue.

And not with me only, many close friends and other applicants i know, have not provided multiple PCC's from within Pakistan.

Nevertheless, its a personal choice to adopt easy way or choose other.

One of my close friend, just got his visa stamped in May, 2016 this year under EE stream, he has studied in Punjab province in Lahore and he worked for about 5.5 years in Sindh province in Dharki but he was also not asked for multiple PCC neither he got rejected. He did mention both Punjab and Sindh province addresses in Personal History but PCC was provided since birth till date he applied PCC.

Well, people who got rejected may not be telling full story and they must have made some other mistake while filling out Personal history etc... I have never come across any such rejection case purely and solely based on, not providing a city specific PCC from Pakistan. You are right that people get rejected because of many other common sense mistakes but this one, i have never heard of.

I remember very mixed up cases who never gave multiple PCC's neither for them nor for their families.

One friend was born and raised in DI Khan, Bachelors in Islamabad, First Job in Mianwali, Second Job in Rahim Yar Khan. He has also provided only DI khan (Hometown PCC), and he was also not asked a single question though i personally saw his Personal History filled with all addresses whereas PCC covering overall full timeline from birth till his date of applying of PCC.

Apart from this all, providing a formal PCC from 18th birthday till date from all countries (not specific cities) where you stayed for more than 6 months in just a formal requirement at IRCC/CIC end. They will never believe in solely on our provided PCC's, they do cross check through their agencies during BG checks and in which they will confirm themselves so our PCC is only a paper requirement and nothing more than that. Many people who worked overseas in middle east specially in KSA, they find it too hard to get PCC after they leave KSA so in that case, just a LOE serve the purpose mentioning that they made sincere efforts but they couldn't get it and in there cases, CIC/IRCC just exempt the PCC for that period but do they skip the activities they have been involved in during that stay? Never ever, so cut short, CIC/IRCC will check on their own so we should not need to worry a lot for this...

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Asalam u alikum every one,

I have been away from this forum for long time. I have two questions would appreciate your response on these.

1) I have ECA for my masters only which is from Uk do I need ECA for bachelors as well?

2) In EE does CIC asks for hard copies later or just we have to scan all docs and hard copies not required ?

Thank You!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rizwan150 said:
Well,

I studied somewhere else and i worked somewhere else, i mentioned both addresses in personal history but i have provided PCC for the whole length of stay since birth till date for my home city only and no one asked a single question over this. Similar to me, many other friends have also filled the forms in similar way and provided single PCC covering complete time and no one ever got a single issue.

And not with me only, many close friends and other applicants i know, have not provided multiple PCC's from within Pakistan.

Nevertheless, its a personal choice to adopt easy way or choose other.

One of my close friend, just got his visa stamped in May, 2016 this year under EE stream, he has studied in Punjab province in Lahore and he worked for about 5.5 years in Sindh province in Dharki but he was also not asked for multiple PCC neither he got rejected. He did mention both Punjab and Sindh province addresses in Personal History but PCC was provided since birth till date he applied PCC.

Well, people who got rejected may not be telling full story and they must have made some other mistake while filling out Personal history etc... I have never come across any such rejection case purely and solely based on, not providing a city specific PCC from Pakistan. You are right that people get rejected because of many other common sense mistakes but this one, i have never heard of.

I remember very mixed up cases who never gave multiple PCC's neither for them nor for their families.

One friend was born and raised in DI Khan, Bachelors in Islamabad, First Job in Mianwali, Second Job in Rahim Yar Khan. He has also provided only DI khan (Hometown PCC), and he was also not asked a single question though i personally saw his Personal History filled with all addresses whereas PCC covering overall full timeline from birth till his date of applying of PCC.

Apart from this all, providing a formal PCC from 18th birthday till date from all countries (not specific cities) where you stayed for more than 6 months in just a formal requirement at IRCC/CIC end. They will never believe in solely on our provided PCC's, they do cross check through their agencies during BG checks and in which they will confirm themselves so our PCC is only a paper requirement and nothing more than that. Many people who worked overseas in middle east specially in KSA, they find it too hard to get PCC after they leave KSA so in that case, just a LOE serve the purpose mentioning that they made sincere efforts but they couldn't get it and in there cases, CIC/IRCC just exempt the PCC for that period but do they skip the activities they have been involved in during that stay? Never ever, so cut short, CIC/IRCC will check on their own so we should not need to worry a lot for this...
That is certainly interesting feedback. While i cannot know the details of every one's actual applications, i clearly remember at least 2-3 cases on the forum where they cited there application refusal with wording similar to following.

"In your application's address history you have mentioned living at a, from b to c, then at d from e to f and then so on while your police certificate only states have been living at d for the entire period".

So i wouldn't take a chance on this, nor would recommend any one to. Its great that you have seen cases that got away with it. But its not worth the risk.

Though i agree that there have been other refusals where they only submitted a PCC dating back just one or two years at their most recent residence as opposed to providing it since the age of 18. But this latter is more clear cut, and i am not referring to these situations in the above para.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
fkl said:
That is certainly interesting feedback. While i cannot know the details of every one's actual applications, i clearly remember at least 2-3 cases on the forum where they cited there application refusal with wording similar to following.

"In your application's address history you have mentioned living at a, from b to c, then at d from e to f and then so on while your police certificate only states have been living at d for the entire period".

So i wouldn't take a chance on this, nor would recommend any one to. Its great that you have seen cases that got away with it. But its not worth the risk.

Though i agree that there have been other refusals where they only submitted a PCC dating back just one or two years at their most recent residence as opposed to providing it since the age of 18. But this latter is more clear cut, and i am not referring to these situations in the above para.
Agreed with your comments fkl, one should not take chances if its easy to get a PCC but there are cases where one can't get a PCC from a certain area, and IRCC/CIC do exempt then and within Pakistan, i have still doubts about the authenticity of the information provided on the forums, because i have never witnessed a single case refusing on these grounds, i have been following the canadavisa forum from the start of my immigration process, way back from start of 2014 till mid 2015 and now from May 2016 also, i have started following forum again.

In old system, there was not a single case rejected on basis of PCC from Pakistan not been provided for a certain period.

In new system also, just 3 months back, my friend got his visas stamped, and i have personally sit with him in filling all details in his EE account. His case got through in 2.5 months.

If there has been any change in policy adopted by IRCC/CIC after the launch of EE system, then that must be a standard policy which should be applicable to all candidates.

I have observed over the period of time, that sometimes the facts are not written completely in detail in forum and many times, it happened that after posting the info, if you ask questions to the person to learn from it, they never reply. So, hard to believe on those information shared. I can't comment on the incident you are mentioning, there may be some other technical reason which he/she missed to provide or write.

coder101

Sep 15, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
SYEDABOKHARI said:
Who is waiting for over 100 days for PPR (fsw outland)
I am.

AOR June 17 2016
Medical Passed June 23 2016
Background in Progress September 23 2016

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rizwan150 said:
Agreed with your comments fkl, one should not take chances if its easy to get a PCC but there are cases where one can't get a PCC from a certain area, and IRCC/CIC do exempt then and within Pakistan, i have still doubts about the authenticity of the information provided on the forums, because i have never witnessed a single case refusing on these grounds, i have been following the canadavisa forum from the start of my immigration process, way back from start of 2014 till mid 2015 and now from May 2016 also, i have started following forum again.

In old system, there was not a single case rejected on basis of PCC from Pakistan not been provided for a certain period.

In new system also, just 3 months back, my friend got his visas stamped, and i have personally sit with him in filling all details in his EE account. His case got through in 2.5 months.

If there has been any change in policy adopted by IRCC/CIC after the launch of EE system, then that must be a standard policy which should be applicable to all candidates.

I have observed over the period of time, that sometimes the facts are not written completely in detail in forum and many times, it happened that after posting the info, if you ask questions to the person to learn from it, they never reply. So, hard to believe on those information shared. I can't comment on the incident you are mentioning, there may be some other technical reason which he/she missed to provide or write.
I have seen both sides of it - and for a much longer time. So i take input / feedback from people on refusals on face value. Once you start doubting there is no limit to it and its hard to distinguish one response from another.

CIC certainly has changed a lot since EE. In the old system, there never were refusals if one of the required documents was missing. Only forms needed to be completed. CIC would just ask for additional docs.

These accelerated refusals and CIC citing "evaluations (and refusals) based upon the documents included in submission only" is certainly new in EE. There have been so many cases and so much feedback on this on the forum that its just ignorance to doubt that.