Pakistani Applicants for Express Entry, Let's Network Here

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tabbi said:
Thanks arsalan for such great info.

I want to apply but i am not sure weather i should apply by my self or through a consultant.
If i could have your email address to contact you i want to ask you about couple of things.
I will be very thankful.

Regards.
Hey,

I have sent you a personal message.

Thanks!

akryptik

Star Member
May 20, 2016
@ Successful applicants from Pakistan...

How did your verification go? Did anyone called your employer, visited personally?
What did they ask....?

Anyone to share experience?

tabbi

Jun 1, 2014
akryptik said:
@ Successful applicants from Pakistan...

How did your verification go? Did anyone called your employer, visited personally?
What did they ask....?

Anyone to share experience?
They certainly do verify your experience. They might contact your employer by calling or even personal visit: if needed. I guess this verification is done by third-party.

akryptik

Star Member
May 20, 2016
tabbi said:
They certainly do verify your experience. They might contact your employer by calling or even personal visit: if needed. I guess this verification is done by third-party.
Have you had or seen any one's case? Because, what I get to know about few cases....they didn't had their verification and neither ask for anything

tabbi

Jun 1, 2014
akryptik said:
Have you had or seen any one's case? Because, what I get to know about few cases....they didn't had their verification and neither ask for anything
Considering this true but still you don't want to take a risk getting yourself banned for at least 5 years for false information or misrepresentation. Lets say you submit your profile with fake experience hoping they wouldn't verify your experience, but this time they do verify than what?
I would not recommend you or anyone to submit something that you can't prove or give evidence.one should wait till he get eligible.
Thanks

akryptik

Star Member
May 20, 2016
tabbi said:
Considering this true but still you don't want to take a risk getting yourself banned for at least 5 years for false information or misrepresentation. Lets say you submit your profile with fake experience hoping they wouldn't verify your experience, but this time they do verify than what?
I would not recommend you or anyone to submit something that you can't prove or give evidence.one should wait till he get eligible.
Thanks
That's not the point.

Some poeple don't like their employer to know about their intention and when verification team appears, they don't know hwo to cover..
My reason for asking was based on this particular case

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
akryptik said:
That's not the point.

Some poeple don't like their employer to know about their intention and when verification team appears, they don't know hwo to cover..
My reason for asking was based on this particular case
They won't do it for most cases if you have a decent employer / profile listed. No body who has worked at a decent multinational would and submitted appropriate experience letter would get an employer contacted.

But yes if CIC suspects it to be fake or have some other doubts, they would try to reach out.

A good way to address this is to find some one in official capacity to cross confirm these details for you e.g. a manager who is willing to confirm this for you and you can provide his contact info in a case specific inquiry saying CIC can contact him if needed instead of directly reaching out to HR if they need to since you want to keep your plans of going to Canada to yourself.

tabbi

Jun 1, 2014
fkl said:
They won't do it for most cases if you have a decent employer / profile listed. No body who has worked at a decent multinational would and submitted appropriate experience letter would get an employer contacted.

But yes if CIC suspects it to be fake or have some other doubts, they would try to reach out.

A good way to address this is to find some one in official capacity to cross confirm these details for you e.g. a manager who is willing to confirm this for you and you can provide his contact info in a case specific inquiry saying CIC can contact him if needed instead of directly reaching out to HR if they need to since you want to keep your plans of going to Canada to yourself.
Just had a thought after reading your reply, i am curious about : what if the employer you work for is nither a multinational company nor Registerd (non tax payer)? Their are lots of software houses in almost every city and they don't have ntn etc. People do work there full time for years.. how does their experience count? Will it even be considered valid by cic? {Considering that company or software house is non ntn, small level (20-30 employees)}

Suppose its valid than how does verification goes in such circumstances?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
tabbi said:
Just had a thought after reading your reply, i am curious about : what if the employer you work for is nither a multinational company nor Registerd (non tax payer)? Their are lots of software houses in almost every city and they don't have ntn etc. People do work there full time for years.. how does their experience count? Will it even be considered valid by cic? {Considering that company or software house is non ntn, small level (20-30 employees)}

Suppose its valid than how does verification goes in such circumstances?
If one has been working for years, usually there would be more than one companies listed on his/her profile.

CIC can do lots of things like looking at their web presence, looking for coworkers references, calling the employer in unrelated ways i.e. once separately for verifying if they exist as a company and another one asking for the specific employee and what not. But usually they don't resort to these kind of things.

Another significant evidence often is bank statement of employee, but not amount of funds, but rather proof of pay being regularly transferred to account of employee from employer. It would should some like "Employer name Pay for month/year" in front of amount. So they can use any / either of these and usually not go for direct contacts unless absolutely needed.

Having said all that, there shouldn't be many software companies which aren't even registered. I believe you are overstating this (and i lived and worked in top software companies in Pakistan for a decade and know people almost at every company), so i know what i am talking about. I hope you do realize that not being registered means they don't pay taxes, nor does the employee and this puts it as an illegal business even for FBR. So pretty hard to extend and make such a case to another country i.e. Canada when the work is not even recognized by government of Pakistan.

Freelancing on upwork/odesk etc. shouldn't be considered a complete business but rather self employed category which again is pretty hard to prove with CIC. But i don't think that experience is counted towards the case above in the first place.

tabbi

Jun 1, 2014
fkl said:
If one has been working for years, usually there would be more than one companies listed on his/her profile.

CIC can do lots of things like looking at their web presence, looking for coworkers references, calling the employer in unrelated ways i.e. once separately for verifying if they exist as a company and another one asking for the specific employee and what not. But usually they don't resort to these kind of things.

Another significant evidence often is bank statement of employee, but not amount of funds, but rather proof of pay being regularly transferred to account of employee from employer. It would should some like "Employer name Pay for month/year" in front of amount. So they can use any / either of these and usually not go for direct contacts unless absolutely needed.

Having said all that, there shouldn't be many software companies which aren't even registered. I believe you are overstating this (and i lived and worked in top software companies in Pakistan for a decade and know people almost at every company), so i know what i am talking about. I hope you do realize that not being registered means they don't pay taxes, nor does the employee and this puts it as an illegal business even for FBR. So pretty hard to extend and make such a case to another country i.e. Canada when the work is not even recognized by government of Pakistan.

Freelancing on upwork/odesk etc. shouldn't be considered a complete business but rather self employed category which again is pretty hard to prove with CIC. But i don't think that experience is counted towards the case above in the first place.
Thanks for such detailed explanation.
Actually i was talking about some local software houses in almost every city. It is true, mostly r registered but i know some which aren't. I am not talking about netsol systems ltd etc type of companies.
Some of small software houses are registered but some aren't.
Even one could provide salary statement having experience working in non ntn holding company(non registered) whould their experience considered valid?

P.S. banks do have different tax rates for filer's and non filer's.
Thanks in advance

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
DamhaSirah said:
I got my ECA made through CES (University of Toronto), once for my Bachelors degree last year and once for my Masters degree this year. They took ~4 months (18-19 weeks) to give ECA each time.
Hi,

For Bachelor and Master Degree to be attested together in one go from UoT, they need F.Sc also attested from board or HEC attested envelopes are enough?

Thank you.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
BS022631986 said:
Hi all,
I shall appreciate to speak with anyone from Islamabad who has already applied for PR. Or has received PCC.
Thanks
My brother just made it in Last week from Islamabad. We are residents of Lahore and my brother works in Islamabad, 5 days there and 2 days in Lahore..

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
hb_rashidy said:
Thanks Sky Walker. But how can I get 2 PCCs? I have already applied for PCC from Sahiwal. My CNIC shows my permanent address from Sahiwal. So how can I get PCC from Lahore? Because I guess they issue PCC according to the city and address on CNIC.
Please let me know how did u get 2 pccs.
thanks
Well, regarding multiple PCC's, i don't know whether its a new requirement or what, many applicants are worried about this, as far as I have experienced personally and 4 of my friend, all of us lived and studied somewhere else in Pakistan, and have performed jobs somewhere else but we got PCC's from our home city only since our NIC never changed. We did mentioned the address in personal history area of application but none of us provides multiple PCC's based on fact, that if you do crime anywhere in Pakistan, it will be registered in police station associated to your permanent address mentioned in NIC. If you changed NIC then that's different thing.

One friend, studied in Punjab, and did job in Sindh Province, only provided Lahore PCC, one friend studied in Karachi, Sindh and performed job in Punjab province but provided only PCC from his home city Karachi.

I have myself, born and studied in Lahore, but did job in Mianwali for about 5 years but i have also provided PCC from Lahore, however, i did mention the Mianwali address in personal history.

All of us got visas stamped in normal time, and none of us were contacted to provide PCC for any missing times.

I have observed that nowadays, many applicants are more concerned about this aspect. However, providing two PCC's where you stayed if never an issue but if one PCC can suffice the requirement then why two?

But if, recently, they changed the criteria altogether then that's a different story but as far as i know, that policy is still the same coz one of my ex colleague just got his visas stamped in May this year under new EE stream.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
rabzodemorayh said:
very useful info fkl but another thread says one PCC per country ??? :-\
Thread name: PCC from Pakistan
Well, there are multiple views on this.

Simply, if you can get PCC from your resided cities easily, then take it or else, apply with one covering all stay in Pakistan, it should suffice...