+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistan Police Clearance Certificate Concern

Farhan66

Aug 19, 2019
Aoa guys i need some advice! I got ita a couple of days back. So today i went to the police facilitation centre in f6 islamabad to get my character certificate for the past 10 years as per the requirements of ircc. But they refused to give certificate for 10 years saying that i have to provide proof of previous residences since i only move to my current residence 3 years ago. Now issue is that before that i soen 4 years in uni hostel and 3 years in a private hostel. And i do not have any proof of it. Now what should i do?

Last edited:

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Aoa guys i need some advice! I got ita a couple of days back. So today i went to the police facilitation centre in f6 islamabad to get my character certificate for the past 10 years as per the requirements of ircc. But they refused to give certificate for 10 years saying that i have to provide proof of previous residences since i only move to my current residence 3 years ago. Now issue is that before that i soen 4 years in uni hostel and 3 years in a private hostel. And i do not have any proof of it. Now what should i do?
Do you have an NIC?

If so, what is the permanent address on your NIC? Has it been the same for the last 10 years? if so then just get the PCC from the police station of permanent address on your NIC.

Farhan66

Aug 19, 2019
Do you have an NIC?

If so, what is the permanent address on your NIC? Has it been the same for the last 10 years? if so then just get the PCC from the police station of permanent address on your NIC.
Thankyou for the reply. Yes i have nic and my permanent address is of gujrat punjab where as present address is of isb. But the thing is that i lived for the past 10 years in isb. My education and job is also in isb which is already mentioned in the ee profile and pr application. Now if i provide a police certificate from pubjab would'nt there be an issue?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thankyou for the reply. Yes i have nic and my permanent address is of gujrat punjab where as present address is of isb. But the thing is that i lived for the past 10 years in isb. My education and job is also in isb which is already mentioned in the ee profile and pr application. Now if i provide a police certificate from pubjab would'nt there be an issue?
I can't remember but I think you can change the address in the profile. Only submit the permanent address of Gujrat in your profile and use that for the PCC. It will be much simpler.

Despite the fact that your temporary address has been isb and you have been living there but just use the Gujrat address since that was permanent.

Also in Pakistan, I was told by a knowledgeable person in police matters, that your FIR is linked to your NIC number and your permanent address. So you will be good if you just use the permanent address.

I myself lived in another city for my education (lhr) but only furnished PCC for my hometown khi. It went perfectly.

Reactions: Farhan66

Farhan66

Aug 19, 2019
I can't remember but I think you can change the address in the profile. Only submit the permanent address of Gujrat in your profile and use that for the PCC. It will be much simpler.

Despite the fact that your temporary address has been isb and you have been living there but just use the Gujrat address since that was permanent.

Also in Pakistan, I was told by a knowledgeable person in police matters, that your FIR is linked to your NIC number and your permanent address. So you will be good if you just use the permanent address.

I myself lived in another city for my education (lhr) but only furnished PCC for my hometown khi. It went perfectly.
Thanks a lot i think that would make things simpler for me.

Reactions: smash1984

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
Thanks a lot i think that would make things simpler for me.
Change of address in the profile is not required. Keep your profile accurate.

My job was in ISB for 10 years and the present address listed in CIC profile was also ISB. I made the police certificate from Mansehra (my home town) and submitted it. Worked fine for me.

Reactions: Farhan66

Farhan66

Aug 19, 2019
Change of address in the profile is not required. Keep your profile accurate.

My job was in ISB for 10 years and the present address listed in CIC profile was also ISB. I made the police certificate from Mansehra (my home town) and submitted it. Worked fine for me.
Thanks for the comment. Can you please tell me when did you submit your application for PR?

Hassananwar1

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
I got CSQ a few days ago. I have a concern regarding the PCC address. I have an address in my CNIC where I lived before 18 years of age, and I carry the same address but never lived there, I lived somewhere else, but in my PCC they mentioned my previous address, would it be an issue?

Second, I also lived in Canada from 2014 to 2019. But in my PCC they cover the whole period starting from my Birth to date, I have separate PCC for Canada would it be fine?

Third, for my wife married in 2011, the NADRA office also changed her address on ID card as same to mine, so her PCC indicates that she lives in that address since birth but she will mention the separate address to the BackGround Forms? I fear it might get a problem or maybe I am overthinking. Please let me know.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I got CSQ a few days ago. I have a concern regarding the PCC address. I have an address in my CNIC where I lived before 18 years of age, and I carry the same address but never lived there, I lived somewhere else, but in my PCC they mentioned my previous address, would it be an issue?

Second, I also lived in Canada from 2014 to 2019. But in my PCC they cover the whole period starting from my Birth to date, I have separate PCC for Canada would it be fine?

Third, for my wife married in 2011, the NADRA office also changed her address on ID card as same to mine, so her PCC indicates that she lives in that address since birth but she will mention the separate address to the BackGround Forms? I fear it might get a problem or maybe I am overthinking. Please let me know.
1) What is CSQ? I don't understand. In your PCC 2 addresses are mentioned? It is always better just to use the permanent address on the NIC. However, even if you don't, the key issue is that addresses that you mention in your profile should match the ones on your PCC. As long as that is covered, you should be fine.

2) what do you mean having separate PCC for Canada? Are you getting a Canadian PCC or you are getting a separate PCC from Pakistan for the period 2014-2019? You don't need a separate PCC. Your PCC covering whole period from birth to date is good enough.

How can wife live at same address as you since birth? You are right in thinking, this could be a problem. You should have one PCC for wife for her pre marriage address and one for post marriage address. If in same city then add her pre marriage address to the PCC as well, it should show 2 addresses for her.

Remember, any address that you mention in your profile, will require a PCC.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
I have a question about Police Character Certificate (PCC). I received mine today for my express entry application. The issue is that the signiture on the document is not original. The Police department prepared a document, got it signed by the DPO and then had it copied onto a green paper. This green paper has the stamps of Police Khidmat Markaz and is "original".
Will this document, with original stamps (but not original signature), be acceptable for Express Entry?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I have a question about Police Character Certificate (PCC). I received mine today for my express entry application. The issue is that the signiture on the document is not original. The Police department prepared a document, got it signed by the DPO and then had it copied onto a green paper. This green paper has the stamps of Police Khidmat Markaz and is "original".
Will this document, with original stamps (but not original signature), be acceptable for Express Entry?
Hmmm....this is the first I am hearing of such a thing.

IRCC is usually very particular about PCCs. So try to get the actual original one if you can.