+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistan Police Clearance Certificate Concern

Spectrum90

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Hi Guys, I received my ITA, but I have a little concern.
I lived in Pakistan

Since 18th Bday, I live in Address A

November 2008 to May 2014 --> Address A
June 2014 to September 6, 2014 --> Address B

Then came to Canada and visited Pakistan 2 times.
i. Jan 2016 to Feb 2016
ii. Jan 2017 to Feb 2017

I have Police certificate of Address A

and Police Certificate of Address B from Jan 2017 to Feb 2017

Do I need any Police Certificate of Address B of the following dates as well
June 2014 to September 6, 2014
Jan 2016 to Feb 2016

Please guide.

Thanks.

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
In my opinion, yes you do.
As your police certificate doesn't cover the whole duration of your stay in Pakistan, it might be problematic for you.

If you read through the forums you will fond out that PCC not covering correct duration is one of the leading causes of rejection.

By the way is there a specific reason you are not able to get a police certificate of the whole duration from. June 2014 to Feb 2017?

Spectrum90

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
In my opinion, yes you do.
As your police certificate doesn't cover the whole duration of your stay in Pakistan, it might be problematic for you.

If you read through the forums you will fond out that PCC not covering correct duration is one of the leading causes of rejection.

By the way is there a specific reason you are not able to get a police certificate of the whole duration from. June 2014 to Feb 2017?
Wouldn't be wrong because I lived in Canada from
September 2014 till Current
Just went 2 times for 1 month for Vacation.

ElmTree

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Rules for PCC often vary according to the country of residence. My Pakistan-specific experience is that one certificate is enough for the whole country (and not the separate certificates for each address that you changed). I lived in multiple cities in Pakistan for work and family reasons but got one certificate from the city of last residence which only covered like 10% of my adult life in Pakistan), and it was accepted. EDIT: I just read another post on a similar topic and it seems like that gentleman's application was rejected because his PCC didn't cover the whole period of his adult life in Pakistan. So take my case with a pinch of salt and be safe. Read his story and some good input by others here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refusal-police-certifcate-need-help.495324/

Though it did work, I later figured that it was risky. It was my temporary address, and not the permanent address in deep-country. Remember, there is no universal system of "proof of address" in Pakistan the way it is in more refined economies like Britain and Canada? The only common proof of address in Pakistan is your NADRA ID card which can contain two addresses: permanent and temporary. Safest bet, get a PCC from the district of permanent residence.

However, you should ensure that if you have visited Pakistan (or any country) after living abroad then your certificate must have been issued AFTER you left Pakistan for the last time. No matter for 2 weeks or 2 days.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017
Hey! I got my wife's and my PCC done a month back. You do not need multiple certificates for different cities or addresses. You need a PCC for the last ten years or since you turned 18, which ever applies for you from the same city which is shown as your permanent address on your CNIC. On that certificate you will have all your addresses and respective dates for the required period of time. You will obviously give this information yourself to the police on the form they give for the PCC process. I hope this helps.

PS: if you are getting this done from Lahore, just visit the police information centre at liberty Chowk. The process from there is pretty straight forward

Spectrum90

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Hey! I got my wife's and my PCC done a month back. You do not need multiple certificates for different cities or addresses. You need a PCC for the last ten years or since you turned 18, which ever applies for you from the same city which is shown as your permanent address on your CNIC. On that certificate you will have all your addresses and respective dates for the required period of time. You will obviously give this information yourself to the police on the form they give for the PCC process. I hope this helps.

PS: if you are getting this done from Lahore, just visit the police information centre at liberty Chowk. The process from there is pretty straight forward
I know about the permanent address, but the question is I traveled for one month to Pakistan and rest 11 months I am in Canada, do I need the Police Certificate for that one month that I stayed in Pakistan as well?

Thanks

Spectrum90

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Rules for PCC often vary according to the country of residence. My Pakistan-specific experience is that one certificate is enough for the whole country (and not the separate certificates for each address that you changed). I lived in multiple cities in Pakistan for work and family reasons but got one certificate from the city of last residence which only covered like 10% of my adult life in Pakistan), and it was accepted. EDIT: I just read another post on a similar topic and it seems like that gentleman's application was rejected because his PCC didn't cover the whole period of his adult life in Pakistan. So take my case with a pinch of salt and be safe. Read his story and some good input by others here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refusal-police-certifcate-need-help.495324/

Though it did work, I later figured that it was risky. It was my temporary address, and not the permanent address in deep-country. Remember, there is no universal system of "proof of address" in Pakistan the way it is in more refined economies like Britain and Canada? The only common proof of address in Pakistan is your NADRA ID card which can contain two addresses: permanent and temporary. Safest bet, get a PCC from the district of permanent residence.

However, you should ensure that if you have visited Pakistan (or any country) after living abroad then your certificate must have been issued AFTER you left Pakistan for the last time. No matter for 2 weeks or 2 days.

Thank you for the concern.
So just want to clarify myself if I visited Pakistan for a month only, would I need Certificate for that travel as well?

Thanks.

Bottleneck_007

Apr 16, 2017
Karachi Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I don't understand why the certificate needs to be issued from permanent address police station. I mean the majority of us have different current and permanent addresses, so technically we should get the certificate from our latest residence, shouldn't we?
Eg, my father had our permanent address inserted of a village that he hailed from, but we only go there on religious occassions like Eid. How would then that village certificate be supportive of my case when I wouldn't mention that address in the application at all?

Jun 1, 2017
Technically you are correct but I faced the same problem with my wife's PCC. She has been living in Lahore since the past 12 years but her permanent address was from Karachi. So we had a choice either get the permanent address changed or get it made from Karachi. We got the address changed. Mind you, this is not a requirement by CIC but local police requirement. If you are able to get your PCC made from the address of your choice then it will have no difference for CIC

Reactions: Spectrum90

Spectrum90

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
I don't understand why the certificate needs to be issued from permanent address police station. I mean the majority of us have different current and permanent addresses, so technically we should get the certificate from our latest residence, shouldn't we?
Eg, my father had our permanent address inserted of a village that he hailed from, but we only go there on religious occassions like Eid. How would then that village certificate be supportive of my case when I wouldn't mention that address in the application at all?
I suppose the address on any document that you upload, you would need PCC for that address. Its just proving that the address you had on your document is the same address you had your PCC from

Spectrum90

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Technically you are correct but I faced the same problem with my wife's PCC. She has been living in Lahore since the past 12 years but her permanent address was from Karachi. So we had a choice either get the permanent address changed or get it made from Karachi. We got the address changed. Mind you, this is not a requirement by CIC but local police requirement. If you are able to get your PCC made from the address of your choice then it will have no difference for CIC
Thank you for your help. I will get PCC for the all the months that I lived back in Pakistan.

aspiringtechie

Mar 16, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I suppose the address on any document that you upload, you would need PCC for that address. Its just proving that the address you had on your document is the same address you had your PCC from
This is confusing for me. CIC doesn't ask for a permanent address which usually appears on our NIC. So lets say that my registered permanent address is my grandfather's home in a different city but I have lived on my own address in another city, would I need a PCC from my grandfather's city as well?

Spectrum90

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
This is confusing for me. CIC doesn't ask for a permanent address which usually appears on our NIC. So lets say that my registered permanent address is my grandfather's home in a different city but I have lived on my own address in another city, would I need a PCC from my grandfather's city as well?
The address you mention in your personal history on CIC Forms, from there you would have to get PCC

Reactions: techLover