+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistan Police Clearance Certificate Concern

jimalik

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Hi Guys, I received my ITA, but I have a little concern.
I lived in Pakistan

Since 18th Bday, I live in Address A

November 2008 to May 2014 --> Address A
June 2014 to September 6, 2014 --> Address B

Then came to Canada and visited Pakistan 2 times.
i. Jan 2016 to Feb 2016
ii. Jan 2017 to Feb 2017

I have Police certificate of Address A

and Police Certificate of Address B from Jan 2017 to Feb 2017

Do I need any Police Certificate of Address B of the following dates as well
June 2014 to September 6, 2014
Jan 2016 to Feb 2016

Please guide.

Thanks.
Dear
I am from Pakistan and I have been living in UAE for past 10 years since I was 24

I came to UAE in 2008 from Karachi

I gave them my Police certificate for the time and location I lived in Pakistan till 2008 and CIC has accepted this certificate .

So you have to provide Police certificate for the place you LIVED not visited, if you have LIVED at a place for more then 6 months continuously you have to provide a certificate,if you want more info inbox me.

aspiringtechie

Mar 16, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Dear
I am from Pakistan and I have been living in UAE for past 10 years since I was 24

I gave them my Police certificate for the time and location I lived in Pakistan till 2008 and CIC has accepted this certificate .

So you have to provide Police certificate for the place you LIVED not visited, if you have LIVED at a place for more then 6 months continuously you have to provide a certificate,if you want more info inbox me.
Hey,

So did you visit Pakistan anytime after 2008? If yes, I presume the visit period was less than 6 months so you didn't require another PCC from Pakistan post 2008. Correct?

Thanks.

luckyx27

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
I know about the permanent address, but the question is I traveled for one month to Pakistan and rest 11 months I am in Canada, do I need the Police Certificate for that one month that I stayed in Pakistan as well?

Thanks
For one month stay you dont need a PCC. You only need a PCC if you have lived more than six months in any country.

luckyx27

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Dear members: I just received my PCC. have lived on multiple addresses since I turned 18, all in one city, (Peshawar, Pakistan). My PCC runs like this:

"There is nothing adverse/Criminal record against him/her on the record of local police station to date. Further verification on his permanent address maybe asked from home district."

There is no mention of the year from which I am in peshawar, mentioning only "Till date". Is that fine? Or should I ask them to put "since date of turning 18 till present date"

Also, do I need to get the PCC from district of permanent address also, even if not lived there since 18?

Please help.
That would be fine, multiple addresses doesn't matter. What matter is the dates which you have lived in Pakistan after 18. That must be mentioned and you are good to go.

Reactions: omarkhan

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
That would be fine, multiple addresses doesn't matter. What matter is the dates which you have lived in Pakistan after 18. That must be mentioned and you are good to go.
Thanks a lot! I'll request them to mention the dates (atleast the year before I turned 18"from-to date")

ijaz_ch84

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Dear

Hi,

I am also in similar position. I have been living in UAE since 2008 but never spent more than 6 months in pakistan since then. my last visit was from September 2016 to Jan 2017 which is less than 6 months. So shall i get PCC until 2008 or 2017?

Thanks for your reply in advance.

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Dear all:

I got my PCC for my present address. However, as my PCC has a line that says "Further investigation maybe done from the permanent address". Now my permanent address is another district where I have my ancestral home but never lived there since 18. However i got one PCC from there too, but now confused whether I should upload both the PCCs or only for the present address. I am afraid adding PCC from permanent address might cause me a problem as I have not mentioned it in my address history but is mentioned in my PCC of current city. Please advise. Thank you.

Ali_17

Aug 30, 2017
I have question my wife has same address as mine for the last two years , but previous to that she lived with her parents and had that address(which obviously i have to mention in her personal history)
My question is this should i get two PCC for my wife, even though both addresses belonged to same city?

Zishan1981

Sep 12, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2017
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
8-jan-18
LANDED..........
3-Jun-18
Hi. I need a little help. I have lived on 3 different addresses within Karachi city of Pakistan since my birth (never lived anywhere else). The PCC issued in Karachi shows only two previous addresses and they dont have space for 3rd address. I have checked with police but they are saying its a standard and if i try to get 3rd address on PCC as well, embassy might think its fake.

Now my dilemma is that if i show most recent 2 addresses, it will cover me from my 21st till 32nd birthday only while canada wants coverage from 18th birthday :( Im perplexed as what to do now :( :( :(

Hasan Raza Awan

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hello members

My query is :-
My wife in principal applicant. She is from Islamabad and Living on the same address since her birth, her permanent and temporary addresses were same before marriage, but after marriage her permanent address was changed as of mine (which is of my village and we visit this place just on events). My temporary address at that time was of Sheikhupura city (different form my permanent address). I worked in Gujrat city from January 2011 to August 201, after that i got job in Islamabad and since September 2015, I am residing here in Islamabad, Now I have my permanent address is of my village and temporary of Islamabad and my wife has same too.
So now from where I have to get Police Clearance certificates of me and my wife?

You cooperation will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017
hi every one please help....
i have almost completed my docs for spousal immigration.but i have some question please help me.
1) we dont have children should we fill sponsor evaluation form.?
2)my second cousin he is AP in college can he certify my copies of docs.and then get stamp from notary or oath commisioner..?
3)my elder brother is serving in Pakistan army should i fill some other form...?
4)should i submit my educational docs with application processing...?

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
hi every one please help....
i have almost completed my docs for spousal immigration.but i have some question please help me.
1) we dont have children should we fill sponsor evaluation form.?
2)my second cousin he is AP in college can he certify my copies of docs.and then get stamp from notary or oath commisioner..?
3)my elder brother is serving in Pakistan army should i fill some other form...?
4)should i submit my educational docs with application processing...?
Typical.. posting in the wrong forum.. not giving any detailed info about the application.. vague questions.. way to go man!!
i usually don't flame bait, but some of my country men really get me going. o_O

Sep 14, 2017
Typical.. posting in the wrong forum.. not giving any detailed info about the application.. vague questions.. way to go man!!
i usually don't flame bait, but some of my country men really get me going. o_O
brother i written everything here some one related that ll answer me...are from paksitan

zeb27

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Rules for PCC often vary according to the country of residence. My Pakistan-specific experience is that one certificate is enough for the whole country (and not the separate certificates for each address that you changed). I lived in multiple cities in Pakistan for work and family reasons but got one certificate from the city of last residence which only covered like 10% of my adult life in Pakistan), and it was accepted. EDIT: I just read another post on a similar topic and it seems like that gentleman's application was rejected because his PCC didn't cover the whole period of his adult life in Pakistan. So take my case with a pinch of salt and be safe. Read his story and some good input by others here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refusal-police-certifcate-need-help.495324/

Though it did work, I later figured that it was risky. It was my temporary address, and not the permanent address in deep-country. Remember, there is no universal system of "proof of address" in Pakistan the way it is in more refined economies like Britain and Canada? The only common proof of address in Pakistan is your NADRA ID card which can contain two addresses: permanent and temporary. Safest bet, get a PCC from the district of permanent residence.

However, you should ensure that if you have visited Pakistan (or any country) after living abroad then your certificate must have been issued AFTER you left Pakistan for the last time. No matter for 2 weeks or 2 days.
Bro, please guide me, I have ID card where my Permamant address is not changed, I mean I was born there but left the place before 18th Birthday abd my current address is not the same where I reside now. Its not updated since 2013. what can I do now? Tell me what is written on PCC? is it address? or what?