+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OUTLAND approved sponsorship then STUCK in Mississauga ... GATHER HERE ...

Snowcab

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Yup got notified my wife's application also being processed in Mississauga. Both living outside Canada in the UK. Took them over 8 weeks to decide to process there. I suspect a slow ride ahead. But we're not in a rush as so much to sell up here.
We are also in U.K, but was hoping to be out of here much sooner than later. Also need to sell, but property sales here take forever too and trying to decide when to start is stressing me out too.

xrubanx

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
LANDED..........
06-06-2017
Just an update. After sending in another SChedule A via webform, I got an email today telling me it has been received and sent to the appropriate office for review. Maybe now I'll get transferred... in the next two months! lol
I had this issue. It was exactly 1 month from receiving that email to the next email saying we were transferring to the VO. And the decision that our VO would be Mississauga

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
Nice to see you guys getting some movement on your files. I finally received an email that my file's been forwarded to London. So relieved--it took 7 months. For anyone still not getting answers, I highly suggest being proactive and doing whatever you can to glean some information. GCMS notes, visiting your MP, calling IRCC, writing letters to the visa officer, CSE... whatever you can do, it's better than nothing. Don't treat this like a spectator sport or else your file will be the slowest to get processed.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Nice to see you guys getting some movement on your files. I finally received an email that my file's been forwarded to London. So relieved--it took 7 months. For anyone still not getting answers, I highly suggest being proactive and doing whatever you can to glean some information. GCMS notes, visiting your MP, calling IRCC, writing letters to the visa officer, CSE... whatever you can do, it's better than nothing. Don't treat this like a spectator sport or else your file will be the slowest to get processed.
I've been told doing those things runs the risk of pissing off the officer and then having you sit longer.

Reactions: Jenna & Scott

HEADSPIN

Apr 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
28-2-2017
Doc's Request.
27-3-2017
AOR Received.
10-3-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-4-2017
I feel I must join the conversation to express my anxiety with others who seem to be experiencing the same. Hi all. Our application was received six months ago. The sponsor approval came very quickly, however ECAS says "your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". Ugh...They haven't even started the background check?? I can barely stand being next to myself for all the anxiety I'm feeling so I ordered notes a week ago. I do realize 12 months is the stated processing time but to me it feels like it's been twenty four months.
So I do have a question. Will the notes explain very much? Should I first receive the notes before contacting IRCC? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
I've been told doing those things runs the risk of pissing off the officer and then having you sit longer.
If you constantly email or send mail to the actual visa officer, then yeah, that might get you on the wrong side. Otherwise, there's no way. All of these methods do not target a single person specifically who would get sick of you contacting them. It's more of a dig into a general system and it's silly if anyone suggested to you that it'd hold up your case. Inquiries show that you want to be reunited with your spouse, and as long as you follow common sense (i.e. not sending 1000 pages of communication proofs), there's nothing to worry about.

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
I feel I must join the conversation to express my anxiety with others who seem to be experiencing the same. Hi all. Our application was received six months ago. The sponsor approval came very quickly, however ECAS says "your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". Ugh...They haven't even started the background check?? I can barely stand being next to myself for all the anxiety I'm feeling so I ordered notes a week ago. I do realize 12 months is the stated processing time but to me it feels like it's been twenty four months.
So I do have a question. Will the notes explain very much? Should I first receive the notes before contacting IRCC? Any advice would be very much appreciated.
If it's been 6 months, then yes, ordering notes might help as they'll have detailed info on what's happening with your case. Where is your case? Still in Mississauga or at the overseas visa office?

HEADSPIN

Apr 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
28-2-2017
Doc's Request.
27-3-2017
AOR Received.
10-3-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-4-2017
If it's been 6 months, then yes, ordering notes might help as they'll have detailed info on what's happening with your case. Where is your case? Still in Mississauga or at the overseas visa office?
We have never received notice of our application ever being sent anywhere. It should have gone to the London office as my husband is a British citizen but to date we have no idea as to where the application was sent.

nightbaby

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2017
AOR Received.
31-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Got the exact same email at 10.14 am EST today. At this point, just glad to hear from CIC.
Who received that email? PA or sponsor?

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
We have never received notice of our application ever being sent anywhere. It should have gone to the London office as my husband is a British citizen but to date we have no idea as to where the application was sent.
That's odd. You should call IRCC and ask them where your file is. What is the PA status on ECAS? And have you checked GCKEY?

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
If you constantly email or send mail to the actual visa officer, then yeah, that might get you on the wrong side. Otherwise, there's no way. All of these methods do not target a single person specifically who would get sick of you contacting them. It's more of a dig into a general system and it's silly if anyone suggested to you that it'd hold up your case. Inquiries show that you want to be reunited with your spouse, and as long as you follow common sense (i.e. not sending 1000 pages of communication proofs), there's nothing to worry about.
We sent 180. It was text messages and facebook message history.
We figured if they didn't want it they could toss it. Still under the 1000!
But when we were preparing to send or application late last year. That's what you did.
That was part of proof for a common law application. We were even going to send in a years worth of receipts in an accordion folder. Laywer said to hold that one back just in case.

Oh honey. We're all about anxiety here honey.

Reactions: kcward7

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Sounds like your in my
Boat along with like four other people.
We've all waited over six months in the exact same spot.

Welcome!
We have no clue what's going on and we also didn't receive the email that went out this morning.
I ordered note and nothing useful other than seeing it hadn't been touched basically.
There was ~maybe some indication of something that said "location: FCP review required" use to mean the application was in the final stages. But we severely doubt it since there were really no notes in the application.
Mine is still being reviewed if I meet OB570 streaming. Which from calling today apparently means, in a quote, "something like what the people who got an email today about being processed in Mississauga got."

So basically. No answers. Just more vague questions.

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
Sounds like your in my
Boat along with like four other people.
We've all waited over six months in the exact same spot.

Welcome!
We have no clue what's going on and we also didn't receive the email that went out this morning.
I ordered note and nothing useful other than seeing it hadn't been touched basically.
There was ~maybe some indication of something that said "location: FCP review required" use to mean the application was in the final stages. But we severely doubt it since there were really no notes in the application.
Mine is still being reviewed if I meet OB570 streaming. Which from calling today apparently means, in a quote, "something like what the people who got an email today about being processed in Mississauga got."

So basically. No answers. Just more vague questions.
Yeah, same for me.
Application received Jan 16th, last communications from CIC Feb 20th when they asked for PCC and Schedule A.
Neither me or my wife have received anything actually saying that Mississauga will process the application. Ordered GCMS notes and didn't really get anything from there, looked like nothing was really started. In Feb they added London as the secondary visa office, removed that in March and added Ottawa instead in April. But application is still in Mississauga.

ECAS status says Application received. MyCIC says We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements and We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. When I phoned CIC they told me that no other documents are needed from me, and it's a technical glitch.

So ok, I understand that things take time, but just a small update or information from CIC about
what's happening would be very appreciated, if nothing else to know that they haven't missplaced the application or something. My case should be a "simple" one. Lived in one country (Sweden) my whole life, no criminal record at all, no other issues, have been together with my wife from Canada for 15 years, 10 as a married couple, we have 2 young kids that are already Canadian citizens as well.

HEADSPIN

Apr 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
28-2-2017
Doc's Request.
27-3-2017
AOR Received.
10-3-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-4-2017
That's odd. You should call IRCC and ask them where your file is. What is the PA status on ECAS? And have you checked GCKEY?
PA status on ECAS only says application received 2/28/2017 and medical results received. That is it! So forthcoming they are (not) with information! GCKEY has very little except saying :
Your application is in progress
You passed the medical exam
You do not need an interview
Blah. blah. blah. Very basic. Nothing useful really. We do not know where the application is at the moment. Under a desk?
Our case was very simple and straightforward.
Thank you to everyone for your comments! I feel less alone in this.