+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OUTLAND approved sponsorship then STUCK in Mississauga ... GATHER HERE ...

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Surfing the Jan-Feb-March-April threads, it became clear that there are many applicants whose applications did not get transferred to the respective VO after reception of Schedule A and PCC.

Looks like this occurrence is random. No trend in VO. No trend in nationality. No trend in application time. No certain patch of applicants got stuck. It is a random occurrence.

Let us talk here trying to figure out:
- Are there many of us?
- Can we understand a trend?
- Is there a cause?
- Can we do anything?
- Do the applications eventually move? when?

My story:
- Application rec'd March 2
- AOR1 March 18
- SA April 20
- PCC, SCH A request April 20
- no news since.
- called June 10, agent told me they got the schA, PCC and the app is in Mississauga.

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
Yes, pretty much the same for me.
- Application rec'd Jan 16th
- AOR1 Feb 11th
- SA Feb 16th
- PCC, Sch A requested Feb 20th, uploaded Feb 21st
- no news since.
- thought my app was in Ottawa, so e-mailed them June 5th, got a reply June 6th that Mississauga is processing my application

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
Yeah, I am with you guys.
Application received in March, PCC and Schedule A uploaded via Webform on April 29th, confirmed of receipt May 26th....Called few times - result: everything is in order, nothing else is needed, application is in Mississauga. The VO supposed to be Vienna.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you think Mississauga will be processing or just keeping them for a while then send to VO

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Do you think Mississauga will be processing or just keeping them for a while then send to VO
If the apps weren't transferred to the VO after SA, they most likely won't be. Mississauga has kept outland apps in the past when VOs were overloaded. If I recall correctly, Mississauga averaged around 4 months.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
If the apps weren't transferred to the VO after SA, they most likely won't be. Mississauga has kept outland apps in the past when VOs were overloaded. If I recall correctly, Mississauga averaged around 4 months.
Ours didn't get sent to VO until after Schedule A - is that what you mean by SA? Wasn't sure if you meant sponsor approval.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ours didn't get sent to VO until after Schedule A - is that what you mean by SA? Wasn't sure if you meant sponsor approval.
Sponsor Approval. Generally in the past, if its been more than around 3 weeks since SA and an app hasn't been transferred, it has been processed entirely in Mississauga. It could be different now with the schedule A and medical request coming after SA.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Sponsor Approval. Generally in the past, if its been more than around 3 weeks since SA and an app hasn't been transferred, it has been processed entirely in Mississauga. It could be different now with the schedule A and medical request coming after SA.
Ya it's changed with the new application now, there's almost no VO transfer right after SA. CPC M has been requesting all documentation prior to VO transfer for most apps :) I know someone who got passport request within 3 months total and a matter of weeks after being transferred to VO and GCMS notes had some wording around CPC M doing parts of the processing so that could be why they're "stuck" - perhaps they actually are working on them there.

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
I really hope that they work on our applications there, would be very unfortunate if the apps are collecting dust there. Also I am not sure anymore if mycic statuses are reliable.....but mine says we are processing your application right after we got sponsor approval back on April. But on ECAS it still says Application received....so I really dont know which source is more reliable.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really hope that they work on our applications there, would be very unfortunate if the apps are collecting dust there. Also I am not sure anymore if mycic statuses are reliable.....but mine says we are processing your application right after we got sponsor approval back on April. But on ECAS it still says Application received....so I really dont know which source is more reliable.
Unfortunately, this MyCIC status is the same for everyone whose application was linked. To know if your application is being processed at the VO, an ECAS line indicates that "We started processing you application on....."

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ya it's changed with the new application now, there's almost no VO transfer right after SA. CPC M has been requesting all documentation prior to VO transfer for most apps :) I know someone who got passport request within 3 months total and a matter of weeks after being transferred to VO and GCMS notes had some wording around CPC M doing parts of the processing so that could be why they're "stuck" - perhaps they actually are working on them there.
On the contrary, Most March/April applicants already got AOR2, indicating that VO now has their application. Certain random applications were not. Nothing wrong with them when we call. weird.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Unfortunately, this MyCIC status is the same for everyone whose application was linked. To know if your application is being processed at the VO, an ECAS line indicates that "We started processing you application on....."
I would tend to agree. Within a few days of our ecas changing to in process we got the VO letter. A few days after that the new line "we started processing your app" was added.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
On the contrary, Most March/April applicants already got AOR2, indicating that VO now has their application. Certain random applications were not. Nothing wrong with them when we call. weird.
Yes, we are March applicants but only got VO transfer after sponsor approval, submitting police check, medical, prints, and schedule a. Once those had been added to file we got transferred right away. All of the apps I know from my timeline, or around that timeline, were not sent to VO prior to submitting any of those things unless it was a US app (or a couple of other countries where it seems the VO requests the medical, not CPC M)

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, we are March applicants but only got VO transfer after sponsor approval, submitting police check, medical, prints, and schedule a. Once those had been added to file we got transferred right away. All of the apps I know from my timeline, or around that timeline, were not sent to VO prior to submitting any of those things unless it was a US app (or a couple of other countries where it seems the VO requests the medical, not CPC M)
The trend is:

- You get sponsorship approval
- Within days, they ask for Schedule A (and PCC sometimes, and medical sometimes)
- you either send in MyCIC or use IRCC form.
- Once they get what they requested, they send application to Visa Office.

our applications never reached the 4th step. They got the documents and are in dead silence.

Reactions: tessmarie28