+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OUTLAND approved sponsorship then STUCK in Mississauga ... GATHER HERE ...

mcroze

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
I just received this email too. So to clarify - is this "AOR2"?
Also, what number do you call? We've tried calling once as my husband's (PA) account says "action required" but turns out there wasn't any action required... we could never reach anyone who was of any help. (We ended up submitting an online query and they said it's a tech issue and he didn't need to do anything).

Also, we have very similar timelines (received May 9), but my husband has not been asked to submit medical yet. Anyone else not asked as well?
Our application was also received May 9th and no medical request here either.

Reactions: Jenna & Scott

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
We didn't get a request for medicals either.. The agent told us that once they finish reviewing our Schedule A and PCC, and the file gets transferred, someone from Ottawa will send a request for medicals. Now that the file isn't getting transferred anywhere, idk what to expect and when. I saw a number of people here with April-May applications who don't have a request for medicals yet.

My husband also has the same issue with "Action Required" on GCKey. The agents keep saying that "it's an ongoing technical issue and will be fixed as soon as possible". That message has been there for three months already I think. He uses Google Hangouts to call 613-944-4000 from the States.
And I don't know if this is AOR2. I guess we can consider it AOR2 since our visa office kind of accepted our file? Third line on ECAS would be a lot more reassuring though.
How does he use google to call?
When I talked to that number the woman told me transferring me wouldn't work.

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
I just received this email too. So to clarify - is this "AOR2"?
Also, what number do you call? We've tried calling once as my husband's (PA) account says "action required" but turns out there wasn't any action required... we could never reach anyone who was of any help. (We ended up submitting an online query and they said it's a tech issue and he didn't need to do anything).

Also, we have very similar timelines (received May 9), but my husband has not been asked to submit medical yet. Anyone else not asked as well?
I haven't been asked for my medical too. Our application was received exactly one month after you (June 9).

Jenna & Scott

Jul 8, 2017
Jenna: Canada, Scott: USA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-06-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
We didn't get a request for medicals either.. The agent told us that once they finish reviewing our Schedule A and PCC, and the file gets transferred, someone from Ottawa will send a request for medicals. Now that the file isn't getting transferred anywhere, idk what to expect and when. I saw a number of people here with April-May applications who don't have a request for medicals yet.

My husband also has the same issue with "Action Required" on GCKey. The agents keep saying that "it's an ongoing technical issue and will be fixed as soon as possible". That message has been there for three months already I think. He uses Google Hangouts to call 613-944-4000 from the States.
And I don't know if this is AOR2. I guess we can consider it AOR2 since our visa office kind of accepted our file? Third line on ECAS would be a lot more reassuring though.
Sounds like we're in a similar boat then, so I'm happy we're not the only ones at least.
Thank you for the response and the number!

I'm just happy to have heard something - hopefully some movement in the application process in the next few weeks! Fingers crossed!
I do wonder if Mississauga may be slower though since they're doing the preliminary processing and now also handling the role that the visa offices typically take... I really hope that's not the case!

Reactions: mcroze and elenama

slam167

Aug 29, 2017
Switzerland
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
does everyone applying actually get a medical request? and no, we haven't gotten one either so far.

SRafiq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2016
Manchester
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-02-2017
Doc's Request.
23-06-2017
Nomination.....
29-06-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
27-06-2017
Med's Done....
11-07-2017
Passport Req..
24-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
17-04-2018
I just got the same thing too! Nothing has changed on ECAS or GCKEY yet.
Yup got notified my wife's application also being processed in Mississauga. Both living outside Canada in the UK. Took them over 8 weeks to decide to process there. I suspect a slow ride ahead. But we're not in a rush as so much to sell up here.

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
How does he use google to call?
When I talked to that number the woman told me transferring me wouldn't work.
He logs in to his google account on PC and calls from there. He tried using the app, for some reason it only works from PC. And then he just goes through menu options till he gets an agent, no one is transferring him. I can ask him to write down the sequence of menu options next time he calls

Jenna & Scott

Jul 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-06-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
does everyone applying actually get a medical request? and no, we haven't gotten one either so far.
I was under the impression everyone was medically screened to ensure no one is placing undue burden on our tax-payer-funded medical system?
Though I've also read spouses of citizens may be exempt....

If anyone has more solid information, I'd be curious in the answer too!

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
He logs in to his google account on PC and calls from there. He tried using the app, for some reason it only works from PC. And then he just goes through menu options till he gets an agent, no one is transferring him. I can ask him to write down the sequence of menu options next time he calls
yes please! thank you

SRafiq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2016
Manchester
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-02-2017
Doc's Request.
23-06-2017
Nomination.....
29-06-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
27-06-2017
Med's Done....
11-07-2017
Passport Req..
24-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
17-04-2018
I was under the impression everyone was medically screened to ensure no one is placing undue burden on our tax-payer-funded medical system?

Would be news to everyone I think. Not only does the person(s) being sponsored need a medical but also anyone you wish sponsor at a later date needs a medical. That's my understanding.

caromaline

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Belfast, Northern Ireland

I had to do a medical and my husband's a Canadian citizen so not sure if that proves or disproves any theories

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017

Yes, everyone needs to undergo a medical. There's no exempt. Even for pregnant women for example who cannot be x rayed they will put the application on hold so to speak until after she delivers and can be safely x rayed/proceed with medical, etc.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017

Since we were preparing this time last year. I thought we had to do our medicals upfront and we technically did. so I did them almost a year ago. The doctor told me "even if you had an inadmissible disease, it wouldn't matter because you're applying under family class." I was so intrigued so I asked him why and he said something along the lines of because the government thinks they can't separate a family due to an illness.
So maybe they've done away with it? who knows.. I remembered that though... cause i was like "cool.. almost $400 bucks and it hardly matters"

Jenna & Scott

Jul 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-06-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Since we were preparing this time last year. I thought we had to do our medicals upfront and we technically did. so I did them almost a year ago. The doctor told me "even if you had an inadmissible disease, it wouldn't matter because you're applying under family class." I was so intrigued so I asked him why and he said something along the lines of because the government thinks they can't separate a family due to an illness.
So maybe they've done away with it? who knows.. I remembered that though... cause i was like "cool.. almost $400 bucks and it hardly matters"
That's probably where I got confused. Maybe everyone has to do it, but even if they find something, spouses won't be separated because of burden? (only if a threat to general public?)

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
That's probably where I got confused. Maybe everyone has to do it, but even if they find something, spouses won't be separated because of burden? (only if a threat to general public?)
Yeah, like I'm sure if you had some rare form of airborne gonorrhea or something, they'd consider you not admissible.