+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OUTLAND approved sponsorship then STUCK in Mississauga ... GATHER HERE ...

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
So my husband called CIC again today inquiring about any status changes and possible transfer of the application to the visa office.
We sent them Schedule A and PCC on June 22 but CIC only attached them to our file on August 9 after multiple calls and explanations that we never got a request for additional documents and the option to upload the docs is not available for us through GCKey. The last agent who we talked to on August 9th said that he is forwarding our documents for review, and our file should be transferred to Ottawa shortly.

So when my husband called again today, the agent said that the review of PCC and schedule is still not complete, and the process normally takes a few weeks. After the review is complete, "the application will likely be transferred to the local visa office".
When we pointed out that it's already been 4 months of delays due to CIC's unresolved system glitches, and normally US applicants get processed in 4 months, the agent said that the process is the same for everyone and we should expect 12 months processing time...

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
So my husband called CIC again today inquiring about any status changes and possible transfer of the application to the visa office.
We sent them Schedule A and PCC on June 22 but CIC only attached them to our file on August 9 after multiple calls and explanations that we never got a reques for additional documents and the option to upload the docs is not available for us through GCKey. The last agent who we talked to on August 9th said that he is forwarding our documents for review, and our file should be transferred to Ottawa shortly.
So when my husband called today, the agent said that the review of PCC and schedule is still not complete, and the process normally takes a few weeks. After the review is complete, "the application will likely be transferred to the local visa office".
When we pointed out that it's already been 4 months of delays due to CIC's unresolved system glitches, and normally US applicants get processed in 4 months, the agent said that the process is the same for everyone and we should expect 12 months processing time...
That's their default every time you mention a timeline.
But since Outland and inland are now the same time wise... I wouldn't doubt it. I'm going on month 7 of being stuck in Mississauga. But I learned they're seeing if I meet the requirements for some kind of OB570 stream?? Which some are saying is a pilot project.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
We sent them Schedule A and PCC on June 22 but CIC only attached them to our file on August 9 after multiple calls and explanations that we never got a reques for additional documents and the option to upload the docs is not available for us through GCKey. The last agent who we talked to on August 9th said that he is forwarding our documents for review, and our file should be transferred to Ottawa shortly.
So when my husband called today, the agent said that the review of PCC and schedule is still not complete, and the process normally takes a few weeks. After the review is complete, "the application will likely be transferred to the local visa office".
I think some of the waiting part is definitely annoying, but the whole US applications in 4 months thing unfortunately is a standard alot of US applicants came to expect, even when it wasn't something official. I think that while this was the norm at one point, they were still treated like any other application - it was actually just that Ottawa was notoriously fast. The same went for Irish and UK apps that got sent to Ottawa - it was fast because Ottawa was fast - not because US apps are faster. Someone posted above something that really makes sense, streamlining the outland/inland apps slowed things down for Ottawa. Again, this does not just apply to US apps but all applications at the Ottawa VO. If stated timelines for US apps were 4 months, I could see the problem, but the fact is, like the agent said, they're 12m just like everyone else.

We're outland Irish and our Irish friends were processed at Ottawa VO under old app and it was extremely speedy. Like crazy fast! So I do know non US applicants who experienced the same prior to the new process. This was before they streamlined - now it seems to have slowed for everyone at Ottawa, and as frustrating as it is, it makes sense why. At the end of the day, anything less than 12m should be a celebration, and what's 12m when you get to spend the rest of your lives together :D <3

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
That's their default every time you mention a timeline.
But since Outland and inland are now the same time wise... I wouldn't doubt it. I'm going on month 7 of being stuck in Mississauga. But I learned they're seeing if I meet the requirements for some kind of OB570 stream?? Which some are saying is a pilot project.
Oh wow it really sucks that they've put you under a different stream without you knowing. But I guess with the new process everything a pilot project.
We're going to order notes too, i'm just waiting for my husband to come over for the labour day weekend so he could sign the consent form. Did you see your eligibility being started in Mississauga?

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
I think some of the waiting part is definitely annoying, but the whole US applications in 4 months thing unfortunately is a standard alot of US applicants came to expect, even when it wasn't something official. I think that while this was the norm at one point, they were still treated like any other application - it was actually just that Ottawa was notoriously fast. The same went for Irish and UK apps that got sent to Ottawa - it was fast because Ottawa was fast - not because US apps are faster. Someone posted above something that really makes sense, streamlining the outland/inland apps slowed things down for Ottawa. Again, this does not just apply to US apps but all applications at the Ottawa VO. If stated timelines for US apps were 4 months, I could see the problem, but the fact is, like the agent said, they're 12m just like everyone else.

We're outland Irish and our Irish friends were processed at Ottawa VO under old app and it was extremely speedy. Like crazy fast! So I do know non US applicants who experienced the same prior to the new process. This was before they streamlined - now it seems to have slowed for everyone at Ottawa, and as frustrating as it is, it makes sense why. At the end of the day, anything less than 12m should be a celebration, and what's 12m when you get to spend the rest of your lives together :D <3
Yah I understand that, I just got a general idea that it was mostly applicants from English speaking countries (US/GB/AU/etc) whose applications are sitting there for months with no progress. We all know it's a new process, but it's really unfair that some people still get their DMs in 3-4 months, while others are stuck with no progress. It's the unfairness of the situation and complete inability to fix that unfairness that pisses me off - the processing time seems to be a luck lottery, and it's our government that does that (I got justice issues lol)

You're totally right that 12 months in the grand scheme of things isn't really a big deal, but like a lot of people here we've already made up moving plans for November, and now we aren't sure what to do and what to expect because we both are going to go crazy with him sitting at home for an uncertain period of time waiting for the docs.
How long have you been waiting?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Yah I understand that, I just got a general idea that it was mostly applicants from English speaking countries (US/GB/AU/etc) whose applications are sitting there for months with no progress. We all know it's a new process, but it's really unfair that some people still get their DMs in 3-4 months, while others are stuck with no progress. It's the unfairness of the situation and complete inability to fix that unfairness that pisses me off - the processing time seems to be a luck lottery, and it's our government that does that (I got justice issues lol)

You're totally right that 12 months in the grand scheme of things isn't really a big deal, but like a lot of people here we've already made up moving plans for November, and now we aren't sure what to do and what to expect because we both are going to go crazy with him sitting at home for an uncertain period of time waiting for the docs.
How long have you been waiting?
6 months. We're at London VO though.

I know how you feel. Someone in the UK who applied after us got sent to Ottawa VO for some reason and had super fast processing, and they can't even move here til mid 2018! Like whaaat

csturner92

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Kamloops, BC
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Just an update. After sending in another SChedule A via webform, I got an email today telling me it has been received and sent to the appropriate office for review. Maybe now I'll get transferred... in the next two months! lol

csturner92

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Kamloops, BC
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
We sent them Schedule A and PCC on June 22 but CIC only attached them to our file on August 9 after multiple calls and explanations that we never got a request for additional documents and the option to upload the docs is not available for us through GCKey. The last agent who we talked to on August 9th said that he is forwarding our documents for review, and our file should be transferred to Ottawa shortly.

So when my husband called again today, the agent said that the review of PCC and schedule is still not complete, and the process normally takes a few weeks. After the review is complete, "the application will likely be transferred to the local visa office".
You should have stopped at the 4 months of delays due to CIC unresolved system glitches. I'm at 6 months of their incompetence. Chances are I could actually have DM by now as well. :(

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
You should have stopped at the 4 months of delays due to CIC unresolved system glitches. I'm at 6 months of their incompetence. Chances are I could actually have DM by now as well. :(
That's insane..
Did you ever order notes??

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Yes, I've ordered notes twice. Both said they had my Schedule A but apparently THAT was a lie.
did it mention anything about OB570??
I've gotten my notes and it also says they have my Schedule A. but I'm starting to wonder if they really do or what the hold up actually is.. cause like I said before an agent on the phone actually gave me a date of when my Schedule A was attached to my application.

csturner92

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Kamloops, BC
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
did it mention anything about OB570??
I've gotten my notes and it also says they have my Schedule A. but I'm starting to wonder if they really do or what the hold up actually is.. cause like I said before an agent on the phone actually gave me a date of when my Schedule A was attached to my application.
Nothing about OB570 in my application, or anything that starts with OB.

MrsTanner28

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-05-2017
Your file was transferred same day as mine. I have also heard nothing
Well CPC Ottawa emailed me after I sent an inquiry saying they never received our file and that it was still at CPC Mississauga....even though I have a letter stating from CPC Mississauga they sent it May 25 to CPC Mississauga....This is so frustrating.

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Well CPC Ottawa emailed me after I sent an inquiry saying they never received our file and that it was still at CPC Mississauga....even though I have a letter stating from CPC Mississauga they sent it May 25 to CPC Mississauga....This is so frustrating.
It seems as though there's quite a few people who were originally transferred to Ottawa have been sent back to Mississauga for further processing, myself included. Don't know what's going on :(

MrsTanner28

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-05-2017
It seems as though there's quite a few people who were originally transferred to Ottawa have been sent back to Mississauga for further processing, myself included. Don't know what's going on :(

Was it due to error's in the file, or just an over burdened office?
At this point, I'm telling my husband to have his FBI report ready. That's the only thing they haven't requested yet.