glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How did you get Skype records? Is that possible?? That would be amazing since we spend a lot of time on Skype

krofnica

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2008
Doc's Request.
07-06-2011 new police cert.
File Transfer...
05-12-2008
Med's Request
07-06-2011
Med's Done....
28-05-2008 expired / 30 June 2011
Interview........
10-02-2009 / Security Interview: 09-02-2011
Passport Req..
12-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
I am not sure. When we applied we didn't use skype so I didn't submit skype records. But I have seen posts where ppl have recommended it.

cleo

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-11-2011
We included them. You just have to go into history and copy and print them out. I made the font size really small and then printed it it 2 columns on the pages. (over 30 pages!) Then I bolded the duration of the calls so they could easily see how much time we spent talking. Well, I hope that's what they want.

glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The thing that sucks is that I updated my version of Skype in Feb and got the new one :( so All of my history previous to that is gone.. I have Feb 2011 and on.. UGH I guess I can just show that anyways.. And I have phone bills that I can include aswell, many of them.. but for one period of time I found a calling card that was cheaper than my long distance phone companys rate and I used those instead, I have a TON of them.. but I read that they don't want those :( which sucks cause theres so manyyy

AlieW

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv. Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2011
Doc's Request.
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
I'm going to address the original question.

I'm currently living with my partner - outside of Canada - while his application is being processed.

Firstly there is no requirement for time spent abroad before you sponsor him. The only issue is you must be a Canadian citizen - which you are so no worries.

As for the proof of intent to return, as Leon mentioned you only need to provide it if you live exclusively outside of Canada. If you are simply visiting him/on vacation while you await the PR then you technically still live in Canada and are just travelling/visiting him. If you enter and remain in his country on a tourist visa then I would suggest you still live in Canada.

Finally, if you are indeed living exclusively outside of Canada, there is a list of documentation you can show (mention it in the form) to prove your intent to return. One of the options is a letter of acceptance to a Canadian educational institution - which you mentioned you have. You can just submit that.

glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long have you been living outside of Canada before you applied? How did you show them that you are exlusively living outside Canada?
I am a Canadian citizen, but I'm not going to be visiting him this year or vacationing there, I did that during my breaks from my study periods. I am not in school now so I can go there and live there for any amount of time I wish, which I will be doing. I stated I will be moving there in May/June I will be going to live with him so that we can be together, and then we will be applying for the sponsorship from there.

Now my question is, what do they mean by exclusively? How do I show them that I am exclusively living there.. Do I need to have some documentation from the country? How do I show them its exclusive? I am confused about that part.

Miguel de Cervantes

Dec 6, 2010
Glak1234,

I think you misunderstand what others have been telling you...it is not necessarily a good thing to prove that you "live exclusively outside of Canada", neither is it a bad thing, but if you are able to say that you are just visiting it will be much better for you, because it's one less thing you have to prove. For a sponsor who lives outside Canada, the hard part is not proving that you are outside Canada, but rather that you will be returning with your spouse when they receive permanent residence. However, you said that you plan to move there to live with him until he gets his PR card. Does this mean that you will not have a residence, or a job, or bank accounts, or any ties to Canada? Does this mean you will be applying for residency there or just be there as a visitor??

If it helps, I also am a sponsor living outside Canada. I sent in a declaration saying that I would be returning to Canada with my husband. I sent in bank statements, Notice of Assessment showing I am up to date with my taxes. A letter from my sister saying we will be staying with them at the beginning, until we find a place to live. I also have a job offer from the company where I worked before I left. What the government is really interested in seeing is that you will not be needing their assistance when you return to Canada. That you will have a way to support yourself and your spouse, and a place to live. That is what you need to concentrate on, if you're going to to say that you are living abroad during the application.

There is no specific timeframe (that I know of) that you have to be outside Canada, before you are considered to be living outside Canada. I sent in my resident card to show them that I was living outside Canada.

glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand it now a bit clearer from your perspective, thanks. I do not go to school, and I do not and will not have a job by the time that I leave here.. I do however have a bank account on which I do have a student credit line which I will be paying off, and will continue to do so when I return to Canada (Can I also use that as proof that I will return?) and having this bank account, is this an issue?

I am aware of all the necessary documents that I will need. We will have a letter stating that my parents will be in full support for the first few months of our return until we settle in, or any other family members. I will also have a letter of acceptance from a college, and we will write letters stating our plans of what we plan to do upon our return to Canada, and how my spouse will be looking for employment immediately. Now how do I get residency in Serbia, I am not quite sure where or what I will need to do to obtain that, do you have any information on this?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since this is a Canadian immigration forum and not a Serbian one, I don't suppose you will find many people here who can help you on how to get residency in Serbia. You can ask the Serbian embassy, see http://www.serbianembassy.ca/index_files/vize_e.htm or get your husband to ask around for you.

I would still say you are not exclusively living outside Canada after you "move". Do you even know how long you can stay? Will you be able to work or study? If not, then you are only there on vacation. You possibly have to go home after 3 months.

AlieW

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv. Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2011
Doc's Request.
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
I agree with Leon and others.

You don't really want to be living outside of Canada - it's just one more thing you have to worry about and prove in your application.

I have been living with my partner 'exclusively' outside of Canada - I have my PR card from his country, we've been here for about 3 years and I haven't been back to Canada in over a year.

However, I agree with Leon - go on a visitor's visa, and use your sister or your parents address as your home address. Better yet submit the application before you go (or just after you get there). If you wish to move to Serbia and get residency there then that's a whole other story that your husband will most likely have to figure out.

Finally, you don't need to go to school and or have a job in order to 'live' in Canada. Think of it this way, if you take a year off, quit your job, sell your house and go travel around the world, you still technically live in Canada.

All the being said, if you do end up living exclusively outside of Canada, your letter of acceptance, plus your active Canadian bank account, and a letter from your sister should be plenty to prove your intent to return. If you want more ideas I can send you the list of documents that we included

glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Alie I sent you a private message, let me know if you got it
first time PM sender here, I wonder if I worked this thing correctly :-\

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
finally I found the thread for Vienna VO applicants!

Cleo,

We are almost the same time processing (mine is 2nd time processing) but mine was way back February 2010, appeal was allowed & went back to Vienna again & now they are doing re-processing on my husband's application May 2011.

Krofnica,

I emailed Vienna for follow-up inquiry. After two days, they respond to my inquiry. Here it is:

This replies to your enquiry below concerning your spouse's application for a permanent resident visa.

Please be informed that the background verifications are still ongoing and we are unable to provide a time frame as to when results can be expected. We will inform you on further processing steps as soon as we are in a position to do so.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Visa section
Canadian Embassy
Laurenzerberg 2
1010 Vienna, Austria

Hope their background verfication won't take long.