Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
canadavietnam said:
Hi all,
Just joined this forum but followed it for more than two years. Here is my timeline:
Canada Missauga approved sponsorship: 4 january 2011
Singapore received: 1 february 2011
Interview letter: november 2011 (8 months later)
Still waiting for interview date (processing time almost 26 month with no results)
Just received a lettre from Singapore telling me that the delay in my case may be until november 2013 since 24 months of waiting in the interview letter starts from the date you received the first interview lettre ...
If I wait until the end it can take up to 33 months. I do not hope for anyone to go through this. If only Singapore agents have some sort of system to detect long time waiters ???
Anyways wanted to share my crazy timeline....Thanks

Hi Is there anyway to withdraw the application and reApply from the beginning ?? If possible, that might take shorter time than waiting for interview....Could you talk to any lawyer......?? Hope this interview thing should be arranged quicker......

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
canadavietnam said:
On top of my crazy timeline which is currently almost 26 months (I'm in the interview queue since november 2011)
I went directly to Singapore High Comission to ask a status of my application and they told "ohhh I see that your application processing time is 25 months and something ... please wait until 26 months" .
The really is that 26 months is for people with interview WAIVED. people with interview have to ADD to their timeline 24 months from the date of the first interview lettre so If i received interview letter on november 2011 than I should expect to hear from them somewhere between november 2011 and november 2013 which makes the timeline REALLY REALLY long :eek:
Hope that my post wont discourage people but be prepared for anything meaning VERY VERY long WAITING

Hi canadavietnam: What do you think ? What would be the reason they put you in the interview queue ?? Do you realise any mistake in the application ?? or it is complicated than I thought...? If you don't mind, please....Thanks again in advance..

canadavietnam

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Feb-2011
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 [color=red][b]IN PROCESS[/b][/color]
Interview........
July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013 [color=blue][b]DECISION MADE[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
Oct-2013 [color=green][b]COMPLETE[/b][/color]
Singapore told me that no documents were missing simply "please wait to here from us"

I have no idea why I am in interview? probably I am on of the unlucky people here. I only sent around 15 - 20 main pictures of our relationship including wedding, honeymoon, normal life

I don't really care. What I don't understand is that they are telling us that they process application in the order they received but one couple I know was in interview queue and had submitted their application 3 months before us and they had their interview last september 2012 ... so I guess this is like the lottery you might get called or wait???

We are hopers and we still hope that this waiting (more than 25 months and 29 days) will come to an end very very soon we hope :)

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
Hi canadavietnam: What is your timeline? Would you share with us, please? It is time for SVO to split the application to other overseas offices...They are dealing with almost 10 countries..............this is insane!!!

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Hi CanadaVietnam

I am in the same situation as you. Today will be 24 months that I have received my sponsorship approval. I have called my MP to see if he can strengthen our case. This is extremely depressing.I also received the interview letter in november 2011. Also stating that the queue was approximately 24 months. Keep us posted.

M

mikeymyke

canadavietnam said:
Singapore told me that no documents were missing simply "please wait to here from us"

I have no idea why I am in interview? probably I am on of the unlucky people here. I only sent around 15 - 20 main pictures of our relationship including wedding, honeymoon, normal life

I don't really care. What I don't understand is that they are telling us that they process application in the order they received but one couple I know was in interview queue and had submitted their application 3 months before us and they had their interview last september 2012 ... so I guess this is like the lottery you might get called or wait???

We are hopers and we still hope that this waiting (more than 25 months and 29 days) will come to an end very very soon we hope :)
What? Why did you send so little pics?

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
mikeymyke said:
What? Why did you send so little pics?
Hi mikeymyke: I think number of photos are not important but the quality of the photos are..........If those 15 photos shows the relation....why not those are enough ?? It could be something in the application.....sometimes information in the application could make harder to go through the process or the person who is judging it....a matter...too..None of us really know - what could go wrong with our file to the reviewing officer....

canadavietnam

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Feb-2011
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 [color=red][b]IN PROCESS[/b][/color]
Interview........
July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013 [color=blue][b]DECISION MADE[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
Oct-2013 [color=green][b]COMPLETE[/b][/color]
I personally know a lot of Vietnamese "fake" marriage more than genuine ones. And all the fake ones before 2009 were accepted with no problem but the ones after 2010 as far as I know they were all denied (those that I know) and to be honest with you guys I believe Canada is doing the right thing.

Genuine applications in my opinion are currently paying the price for all the frauds from Vietnam and I believe that one cruel method is to test if a couple are still together after 24 months and maybe longer (still communicating, sending financial support, etc..)? and most of the fakes applications fails to this test (those that I know that are fake).

So if CIC is using this method I believe that a lot of people here will suffer badly unfortunately like our case.

My timeline:
Singapore received : 6 February 2011
Interview Letter received: november 2011 (8 months later)
Total time waiting: almost 26 months

Went to Singapore to ask them directly what is going on:
They answer: please wait to here from us you are almost 26 months

March 2013: Received an email in response of one of my emails saying that I am in interview queue and must add up to 24 months (it could be more) from date of interview so november 2011 + 24 months = november 2013 (for a possible total time 33 months) this is really far from the 18 months back in early 2011

Like I wrote earlier we are hopers and will be FIGHTING !!!! ;D

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
This is all politics. This government in their zeal to satisfy their constituents is punishing the innocent and further victimizing the victims. There is about 2% of Canadian men and women that are duped by their sponsored spouses. I don't know how many of fake marriages are arranged from the beginning by both parties. The Canadian men and women who are victimized by a calculating spouse are further punished if the spouse goes on welfare or any assistance program because of the sponsoring agreement. The new changes in the law give the sponsors some protection. The genuine marriages that are in the middle are paying the price. All the marriages between March 2011 and March 2012 are paying a dear price.

Love Canada

Aug 28, 2012
Hi everyone, I just wanted to share some good news with all of you. We got the PPR Yesterday, we're so happy. My wife went to the IOM here in Saigon Vietnam to do the medical extension this morning. We were told to send in her passport 4 weeks from today, which will be May 12th. Hopefully we'll be outta here by June or July.

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
Love Canada said:
Hi everyone, I just wanted to share some good news with all of you. We got the PPR Yesterday, we're so happy. My wife went to the IOM here in Saigon Vietnam to do the medical extension this morning. We were told to send in her passport 4 weeks from today, which will be May 12th. Hopefully we'll be outta here by June or July.
Congratz!!

silver1968

Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
12-08-2012
Med's Request
re-med on 12-03-2013
Med's Done....
orig med on 03-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2013
LANDED..........
15-05-2013
Love Canada said:
Congrats Love Canada!!!

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
There is a possibility of a work slow down by Canada's VOs because of work grievances and pay equity between VOs stationed in Canada and those who live aboard. They are in the position to strike as of June 2011. Right now it is work to rule position from their union. Wonderful!

berbu

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
16-10-12
The situation with IOM is strange. Why do Vietnam applicants need to use the services of this private company to send their passport? All they do is charge 40$ per passport, then put 10 passports in one 20$ Fedex envelope and pocket the rest for some massive profits. Smells like a ripoff but Singapore VO doesn't give -any- choice, the applicants can't even send the passport by themselves or in person - the option is just not there. What do you guys think?

Heck, we had 2 passports to submit. It costed 80$ at IOM. If we submitted by Fedex, that would be 30$ Fedex flat rate. If we submitted in person it would've costed 100$ of plane tickets (Jetstar) and maybe another 100-200$ for staying there a few days, but it would've been much faster, like days instead of weeks. I'm kinda pissed but I'm gonna wait AFTER we get the passports to complain... wise huh?

etownboy

Feb 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2010
File Transfer...
in process 26-03-2010
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Interview........
12 may 2011
Hello guys, Ive just won my appeal a couple months ago. Does anyone know how long it takes singapore to request for medical? Thanks.