+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Our Singapore timeline Vietnamese wife

dnguy014

Mar 7, 2013
CTC027 said:
Wow, that's a lot of visits in a 3 year span. I haven't been back since we got married 2 years ago and the next trip for me is to pick her up. When I submitted my application I included everything that I had (Receipts for wedding, hotels, plane tickets to visit her and honeymoon, gift receipt for her birthday, wedding card and others) along with Skype call log, emails, facebook messages. If you have additional communications you can send it to SVO. It will only strengthen your case.

Did you communicate with your wife via emails or facebook? What about receipt from the wedding, gifts
Tell me about it, my work is getting tired of me taking off all the time. Also airline tickets aren't the cheapest either to VN, including all those side trips within Asia!

2 years, that must be tough, not sure how you do it to be honest! By SVO, I am assuming you mean Singapore Visa Office? If so, that's a good idea, as I have receipts and pictures from the wedding including 50 foreigner guests, and can start looking into all my skype phone records, phone cards, facebook and email etc...

greenoil

Star Member
May 3, 2012
You can check the posts of tommyn79, he asked lots of questions about sponsoring his wife
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/tommyn79-u399501.html;sa,showPosts
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-long-is-the-single-status-certificate-valid-for-t134846.0.html

Love Canada

Aug 28, 2012
Hi all, I have some good news from the Singapore Visa office to share. My Vietnamese wife's application just went in process on ECAS. Here's our timeline...

11 June / 2012 - Missisauga office received our application.
15 Aug / 2012 - Sponsor was approved, and application was sent to Singapore visa office.
15 Mar / 2013 - application says "in process" on ECAS.

Does anyone know how much longer we have to wait before they request for my wife's passport?

dnguy014

Mar 7, 2013
Love Canada said:
Hi all, I have some good news from the Singapore Visa office to share. My Vietnamese wife's application just went in process on ECAS. Here's our timeline...

15 Aug / 2012 - Sponsor was approved, and application was sent to Singapore visa office.

Does anyone know how much longer we have to wait before they request for my wife's passport?
It can take 26 months from the receipt of the application in Singapore, in your case October 2014 (1 year and 7 months left)

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
Love Canada said:

Hello Love Canada,

You'll be with your wife soon once your file has been changed to "In Progress". If all your documents are fine, the next step is Singapore VO will ask your wife to re-medical or medical extend (if expired of going to expire), police clearance & submitting Passport.

Here is my time line from start to finish is total of 15 months:

- Application mail to CPC-Mississauga August 8th, 2011. ECAS= Application Received.
- AOR Received by CPC-Mississauga August 9th, 2011. ECAS= Application Received.
- File Transfer to Singapore November 7th, 2011. ECAS= Application Received.
- September 19th 2012. ECAS= In Process.
- October 8th 2012 requested from Singapore VO to re-medical, police clearance & submitting Passport.
- (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012) ECAS= Medical results have been received.
- November 13, 2012 My wife home address changed to my Canadian address and ECAS changed to "Decision Made"
- November 9, 2012 VISA & COPR Issued from Singapore Visa Office.
- November 25, 2012 Pick up VISA & COPR at IOM (Total of 17 days from issued to pick up).

I hope this will give you some idea what you are at this moment.

Good Luck!

Love Canada

Aug 28, 2012
Hi Bold9900, Thank You for replying to my post. Why is your medical received in Manila? Is your spouse from the philippines or Vietnam? I also understand that medical expire in 6 months, so they would most likely ask my wife to re-medical. But what about police clearance? We already send that in with our application on June of 2012. Why would they need to ask for it again? Once again Thank You for sharing your information with me :)

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
Love Canada said:
Hi Bold9900, Thank You for replying to my post. Why is your medical received in Manila? Is your spouse from the philippines or Vietnam? I also understand that medical expire in 6 months, so they would most likely ask my wife to re-medical. But what about police clearance? We already send that in with our application on June of 2012. Why would they need to ask for it again? Once again Thank You for sharing your information with me :)
You' re welcome Love Canada.

Manila is the Embassy of Canada (Regional Medical Office ) is in Manila that handles all Medical Examination for Singapore applicants, when you receive the PPR package from Singapore VO, there is form (IMM 1017-Medical Report Client Identification & Summary form) give you instructions where to send. For the Medical & Police Clearance report only valid for 12 months, if it expired you need to re-do them again.

*My spouse is from Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh)

Love Canada

Aug 28, 2012
Bold9900 said:
You' re welcome Love Canada.

Manila is the Embassy of Canada (Regional Medical Office ) is in Manila that handles all Medical Examination for Singapore applicants, when you receive the PPR package from Singapore VO, there is form (IMM 1017-Medical Report Client Identification & Summary form) give you instructions where to send. For the Medical & Police Clearance report only valid for 12 months, if it expired you need to re-do them again.

*My spouse is from Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh)

Thank You so much for clearing that up for me. Both my wife's medical and police clearance was done in May of 2012 and our Ecas just went into process this month March 2013, lets hope they get it done before it expire, so that we won't have to re-do it again.

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga, Visa Office - Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 03 May, RETURNED 24 May.... filed again June 03 . Accpeted 5 July 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
Love Canada said:
Thank You so much for clearing that up for me. Both my wife's medical and police clearance was done in May of 2012 and our Ecas just went into process this month March 2013, lets hope they get it done before it expire, so that we won't have to re-do it again.
Hi Love Canada,

I may be possible that they will finalize everything before your wife's medical expires. They did that with my wife's file and emailed us only 1 week after it went "IN PROCESS" and asked if she would be able to land in Canada before her medical expired. We told them yes and sent her passport off right away, the agency in Hanoi told her the Passport with Visa would take at least 6 weeks - 2 months to return but I said it would be sooner because they wanted to give her enough time to come over to Canada. I was right they turned it around in under 3 weeks from the date we sent it.

My wife arrives tomorrow 22 march and her 1 year med expires 30 march.

The whole process for me took 10 months start to finish. Could have been 9 months if I hadn't accepted to go away for work for 5 weeks mid feb.

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
RCVmini said:
Hi Love Canada,
I may be possible that they will finalize everything before your wife's medical expires. They did that with my wife's file and emailed us only 1 week after it went "IN PROCESS" and asked if she would be able to land in Canada before her medical expired. We told them yes and sent her passport off right away, the agency in Hanoi told her the Passport with Visa would take at least 6 weeks - 2 months to return but I said it would be sooner because they wanted to give her enough time to come over to Canada. I was right they turned it around in under 3 weeks from the date we sent it.
My wife arrives tomorrow 22 march and her 1 year med expires 30 march.
The whole process for me took 10 months start to finish. Could have been 9 months if I hadn't accepted to go away for work for 5 weeks mid feb.

Hi RCVmini: "Could have been 9 months if I hadn't accepted to go away for work for 5 weeks mid feb" - what does this mean ? Please make me understand a little more.

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga, Visa Office - Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 03 May, RETURNED 24 May.... filed again June 03 . Accpeted 5 July 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
saint4peace said:
Hi RCVmini: "Could have been 9 months if I hadn't accepted to go away for work for 5 weeks mid feb" - what does this mean ? Please make me understand a little more.
Oh nothing I mean she was ready to come over sooner then expected. Because she listend to some people back in Hanoi saying "no the passport won't come back very fast from SVO" I accepted a work assignment that took me away from home for 5 weeks. IF I had known her VISA would have come back from SVO really fast I wouldn't have gone and she could have flown over here sooner.

In this case she had all her papers ready to go and fly over but had to wait for me to get home from my job.

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
RCVmini said:
Oh nothing I mean she was ready to come over sooner then expected. Because she listend to some people back in Hanoi saying "no the passport won't come back very fast from SVO" I accepted a work assignment that took me away from home for 5 weeks. IF I had known her VISA would have come back from SVO really fast I wouldn't have gone and she could have flown over here sooner.
In this case she had all her papers ready to go and fly over but had to wait for me to get home from my job.

Thank you much, RCVmini. What does RCVmini interprete ?? Just curious though. Mini Recreational vehicle ? hahhaa...Just kidding..

canadavietnam

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Feb-2011
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 [color=red][b]IN PROCESS[/b][/color]
Interview........
July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013 [color=blue][b]DECISION MADE[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
Oct-2013 [color=green][b]COMPLETE[/b][/color]
Hi all,

Just joined this forum but followed it for more than two years. Here is my timeline:

Canada Missauga approved sponsorship: 4 january 2011
Singapore received: 1 february 2011
Interview letter: november 2011 (8 months later)
Still waiting for interview date (processing time almost 26 month with no results)

Just received a lettre from Singapore telling me that the delay in my case may be until november 2013 since 24 months of waiting in the interview letter starts from the date you received the first interview lettre ...

If I wait until the end it can take up to 33 months. I do not hope for anyone to go through this. If only Singapore agents have some sort of system to detect long time waiters ???

Anyways wanted to share my crazy timeline

Thanks

M

mikeymyke

That's crazy Bold9900 had to wait 15 months from start to finish, even after his interview was WAIVED. I saw a lot of people here had their VNese spouses applications done in 6-8 months.

canadavietnam

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Feb-2011
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 [color=red][b]IN PROCESS[/b][/color]
Interview........
July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013 [color=blue][b]DECISION MADE[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
Oct-2013 [color=green][b]COMPLETE[/b][/color]
On top of my crazy timeline which is currently almost 26 months (I'm in the interview queue since november 2011)

I went directly to Singapore High Comission to ask a status of my application and they told "ohhh I see that your application processing time is 25 months and something ... please wait until 26 months" .

The really is that 26 months is for people with interview WAIVED. people with interview have to ADD to their timeline 24 months from the date of the first interview lettre so If i received interview letter on november 2011 than I should expect to hear from them somewhere between november 2011 and november 2013 which makes the timeline REALLY REALLY long :eek:

Hope that my post wont discourage people but be prepared for anything meaning VERY VERY long WAITING