+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit refused (inland)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My OWP was rejected before my wife got her PGWP approval. So, does it make sense for applying for reconsideration?
No. She doesn’t have a job for you to be approved. You cannot work until you have a work permit. Right now you are out of status so change status to visitor.

Ralassi

Dec 15, 2023
Hi Everyone,
I just received the same refused message as a spouse for PGWP, my husband's PGWP application is still under process!
I received the refusion today and they ended my status today also!!

I read what you suggested, but still need some clarification,
1. My husband works a full-time job at Walmart and also a part-time remote job in a USA company, is that enough?
2. I work in the same part-time job, should I stop it?
3. Since my status expired today do I need to apply for a visitor visa or just restoration within 90 days if my husband gets his PGWP?
4. Any advice as to what should we do?

Thank you!

Rokeshbheemaiah

Aug 8, 2020
Bengaluru
Category........
STUDY
Once your wife i able to secure a job and able to show 3 months paystub, you can re-apply for sowp.... do not apply for re-consideration..if these mentioned documents are not provided, you may be refused again..no need to waste money to apply for re-consideration
Hi

Is 3 months paystub mandatory for SOWP extension??

Mecheh

Nov 2, 2020
Hi, I have graduated recently and I appleid for PGWP for myself and Open Work Permit for my wife to extend her valid permit.
Today, I got a refused letter for my wife because I don't have a valid job right now. (My status is still submited)
She is working in a company inside the Canada and she already has a valid Open Work Permit till 29th Jan 2025.
I am wondering if she have to stop working or she is still eligible because she has a valid Open Work Permit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I have graduated recently and I appleid for PGWP for myself and Open Work Permit for my wife to extend her valid permit.
Today, I got a refused letter for my wife because I don't have a valid job right now. (My status is still submited)
She is working in a company inside the Canada and she already has a valid Open Work Permit till 29th Jan 2025.
I am wondering if she have to stop working or she is still eligible because she has a valid Open Work Permit?
Why did you apply to extend your wife's work permit if she already holds one that is valid until 2025? Are your dates right? This doesn't make sense.

Mecheh

Nov 2, 2020
Why did you apply to extend your wife's work permit if she already holds one that is valid until 2025? Are your dates right? This doesn't make sense.
Yes. it is correct. her status is valid until 29th Jan 2025.
Because I wanted to extend her status for 3 years same as my PGWP.
now. could you please answer my question? is her pervious open work permit status still valid?

Last edited:

oneil2710

Jan 18, 2024
I did flag-pooling, and got the permit at the border. Thanks to the officer at the CAN border.
Hi, I'm in the same situation, can you please explain a little more about the flag pooling, weren't you afraid they did not let you come in again?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
now. could you please answer my question? is her pervious open work permit status still valid?
Did you stop studying or switch to a shorter program?

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
You have a whole year and half to finish, they won’t issue you permits a year or more in advance.

Anushaja

Feb 1, 2024
Hi everyone, today I got the refusal for my spouse with the similar reasons as below :

After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.

You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level (TEER 0, 1,2 or 3) or previously of 0, A or B. You may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada.

I have provided all the documents with my job offer letter and clearly stating duties with NOC codes.

Should I apply for reconsideration or should I apply for new application?

It also status that your status is valid it (certain future date). Does it mean that she has a valid status and can continue working till the day or should she apply for restoration of status?

Your suggestions and thoughts will be very helpful.

Thank you.
Hii,
I am in the same situation.
I got refusal with mentioning about Your status is valid till( future date) and I have reapplied before the expiry of initial work permit.
Do I still need to apply for restoration?

your help would be appreciated.
Please share about your update. Did you apply for restoration or it’s not needed.

thanks

dsouzasandy

Feb 22, 2024
Hello everyone, I got the same message today - "You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the required TEER category for an open work permit." I am working in Teer 1 job right now. Could anyone please help me out with the next steps, what documents need to be submitted and how can I do it quickly? Or do I need to re-apply? I have my work permit till March 31st.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone, I got the same message today - "You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the required TEER category for an open work permit." I am working in Teer 1 job right now. Could anyone please help me out with the next steps, what documents need to be submitted and how can I do it quickly? I have my work permit till March 31st.
What did you show? You show job letter and 3 paystubs. If your permit expires in a month, IRCC is not going to process a SOWP because your permit expires within 6 months.

Anushaja

Feb 1, 2024
Hi everyone, today I got the refusal for my spouse with the similar reasons as below :

After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.

You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level (TEER 0, 1,2 or 3) or previously of 0, A or B. You may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada.

I have provided all the documents with my job offer letter and clearly stating duties with NOC codes.

Should I apply for reconsideration or should I apply for new application?

It also status that your status is valid it (certain future date). Does it mean that she has a valid status and can continue working till the day or should she apply for restoration of status?

Your suggestions and thoughts will be very helpful.

Thank you.
Hello, did you get any update?