+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

Manojgdv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
rewrite ur ielts and forward your results to oinp.
since you were aware that your results would expire, you should have rewritten ielts exam before its expiry date.
make sure you inform oinp as soon as you have the new results.

you can create a new profile afterwards and add ur nomination certificate.
Sure I will try to rewrite my IELTS soon

Manojgdv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Dear Friends,

I received NOI on June 29June and submitted my application on July 26 and it is still in assessment.

But now the problem is my express profile is inactive because of my IELTS score expiry and below is the message - Your Express Entry profile has been reviewed and we have determined that you are not eligible for Express Entry at this time.

So do you guys suggest
1)Will my profile still be in assessment until I clear my IELTS
2)As I said earlier in my posts I do have valid H1B till 2019 Oct,what will be my chances to get OINP approved.

Is it better to withdraw it,if withdrawn will I be refunded my amount.

Really in dilemma on what to do pls suggest.
Any more thoughts on this friends

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@ Bill Hyatt
@Wandering Mind

On 12th july, 2017 my brother having PR status landed in canada to permanently settle there. On 13 th july, I claimed 15 sibling points and enhanced my CRS score from 419 to 434.
Now I find that in order to claim sibling points, he should also have been in canada on 25th June, 2017 also, when I submitted my EE profile.
Meanwhile I received the ITA. My OINP application is also in ASSESSMENT stage. I have a few questions. Please advise.
  1. Should I decline ITA and remove sibling in canada and reduce my score to 419.Will the EE system allow to perform this action.

2. Should I inform OINP regarding this mistake and the new 419 score by filing change in personal information form.

3. Will all this make any impact on my OINP application.
    Thanks.
Sorry for delayed reply.

You should reject ITA and inform OINP regarding that mistake. You will receive Nomination and scores will increase by 600 points. This is the better option in my opinion. Unless your scores are above 400 and 67 skills point your OINP application will not be impacted.

I hope this will help.

Reactions: PreetKaur1

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
August 17, 2017

IMPORTANT NOTICE RE: TECHNICAL ISSUE

On August 16, 2017, the program was performing planned system testing.

An error occurred during the implementation of this test, which resulted in a number of emails being sent out in error to people registered with the public e-Filing system.

We are investigating the cause of the error.

The program can confirm that no applications were modified in any way during this test. The emails that were sent out in error do not reflect any change to applications or registrations.

No personal information was compromised.

If applicants and/or representatives have concerns about the status of files submitted to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), they can check the status of those files online through the OINP e-Filing Portal.

If you have any questions, please contact the OINP at ontarionominee@ontario.ca.

(Source: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html )

ac_d

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Sorry for delayed reply.

You should reject ITA and inform OINP regarding that mistake. You will receive Nomination and scores will increase by 600 points. This is the better option in my opinion. Unless your scores are above 400 and 67 skills point your OINP application will not be impacted.

I hope this will help.
Thanks a lot BillHyatt for your well thought advice after considering my situation. I have 74 eligibility points and presently 434 CRS. This includes my 15 sibling points. Now I am inclined towards OINP route. I have a few questions, please help me here also.
  1. After declining the ITA, how much time the system takes to come in EDIT mode.

2. Does OINP allow changes in EE profile after declining ITA.

3. Before claiming the sibling crs points, I had claimed 5 eligibility points for my maternal aunt. Now as I understand that I will remove my brother as sibling and replace aunt as a relative in order to maintain my eligibility points to 74.My crs will come down to 419.

4. Does this updating the EE profile have any kind of adverse impact on my OINP application?. I suppose, I will have to inform OINP about this change / mistake.

5. How soon / late one should decline ITA. Is it right that OINP itself stops processing applications when one gets the ITA.Mine is in Assessment stage.
    Thanks.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thanks a lot BillHyatt for your well thought advice after considering my situation. I have 74 eligibility points and presently 434 CRS. This includes my 15 sibling points. Now I am inclined towards OINP route. I have a few questions, please help me here also.
  1. After declining the ITA, how much time the system takes to come in EDIT mode.

2. Does OINP allow changes in EE profile after declining ITA.

3. Before claiming the sibling crs points, I had claimed 5 eligibility points for my maternal aunt. Now as I understand that I will remove my brother as sibling and replace aunt as a relative in order to maintain my eligibility points to 74.My crs will come down to 419.

4. Does this updating the EE profile have any kind of adverse impact on my OINP application?. I suppose, I will have to inform OINP about this change / mistake.

5. How soon / late one should decline ITA. Is it right that OINP itself stops processing applications when one gets the ITA.Mine is in Assessment stage.
    Thanks.
1. You can edit it immediately however sometimes it may take 24-48 hours.

2. Changes in EE is your choice and OINP cannot control that however you should inform them. Your Application (e-APR) and OINP details should be matched.

3. Change in score will not impact your OINP application as long as it is above 400 points.

4. OINP will not stop application once you receive ITA. If you are nominated then you will receive a PFL asking you to decline ITA and send them screenshoots before Nomination can be made.

I hope this will help.

Reactions: ivancabrer

Mohdather

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Hi Guys,

Finally a status change for me too. Timeline details below,

NOC--2172 / CRS -- 395
NOI -- June 29th
Application submission -- July 18th
Assessment -- July 25th
DIP -- Aug 17th
Nomination -- Eagerly waiting.

Fingers crossed . Hoping for the best Soon
Hi my time line and noc is exactly same as urs. Good luck only difference mine changed to DIP on 14th aug.

ac_d

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
1. You can edit it immediately however sometimes it may take 24-48 hours.

2. Changes in EE is your choice and OINP cannot control that however you should inform them. Your Application (e-APR) and OINP details should be matched.

3. Change in score will not impact your OINP application as long as it is above 400 points.

4. OINP will not stop application once you receive ITA. If you are nominated then you will receive a PFL asking you to decline ITA and send them screenshoots before Nomination can be made.

I hope this will help.
Indeed, I am thankful to you for your support and a detailed reply. I received ITA on 9th August, 2017 after submitting my application for OINP on 29th July, 2017.

My question is -

If I neither decline my ITA nor withdraw my OINP application for the next 20 - 30 days. Will OINP continue to process my application and issue me the nomination as the application is already in assessment stage ?.

I am reproducing a note from OINP GUIDE regarding processing of application at 1.2 Step 4, regarding “if we receive & accept ITA.” Please clarify me on this also.

Note: If you receive and accept an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from IRCC or a nomination from another province or territory after you have already applied to OINP, the OINP is unable to continue processing your application. You must submit a request to withdraw your application with the OINP. Your application fee will not be refunded if the OINP has started processing your application. Application fees are non-refundable if processing has already begun, as they cover OINP’s cost of
processing applications

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Indeed, I am thankful to you for your support and a detailed reply. I received ITA on 9th August, 2017 after submitting my application for OINP on 29th July, 2017.

My question is -

If I neither decline my ITA nor withdraw my OINP application for the next 20 - 30 days. Will OINP continue to process my application and issue me the nomination as the application is already in assessment stage ?.

I am reproducing a note from OINP GUIDE regarding processing of application at 1.2 Step 4, regarding “if we receive & accept ITA.” Please clarify me on this also.

Note: If you receive and accept an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from IRCC or a nomination from another province or territory after you have already applied to OINP, the OINP is unable to continue processing your application. You must submit a request to withdraw your application with the OINP. Your application fee will not be refunded if the OINP has started processing your application. Application fees are non-refundable if processing has already begun, as they cover OINP’s cost of
processing applications

Yes your OINP application will be processed. However once they approve your Nomination they ask you to decline ITA before Nomination can be sent to you.

If you don't want Nomination then you can write them that you no longer want to consider Nomination. In that case they will withdraw your case but money will not be returned.

I hope this will clear things. Good Luck!