+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
helloO said:
Hi
Congrats,how's the IT jobs market there?
Thanks
IT job market is good in Alberta. I know IBM is hiring big time and also providing refral bonus to the employees for reffering candidates.

Try the canadavisa.com job search tool and that brings up good results.

**** I am not a recruiter nor do I work for IBM so please dont PM me asking for job offers......

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
Update -

I finished landing in April 2011 and returned back to US to take care of my stuff. Today (July 4th), i inquired CIC (phone call) for PR card. The agent mentioned that the photo size is wrong. And CIC is going to send me a letter to the given address to bring the photo in person.

I asked if the photo can be sent by post. The agent mentioned to wait for the letter from CIC.

During my landing process, i took the right specifications photograph but the IO did not ask for the photo for PR card; therefore, i did not provide him one.

Now, it chewed my butt.

Please provide the photographs (as per the latest specification on CIC website) during landing even if the IO does not ask for one.

It will save time and money.

Thanks

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadatryingguy said:
Update -

I finished landing in April 2011 and returned back to US to take care of my stuff. Today (July 4th), i inquired CIC (phone call) for PR card. The agent mentioned that the photo size is wrong. And CIC is going to send me a letter to the given address to bring the photo in person.

I asked if the photo can be sent by post. The agent mentioned to wait for the letter from CIC.

During my landing process, i took the right specifications photograph but the IO did not ask for the photo for PR card; therefore, i did not provide him one.

Now, it chewed my butt.

Please provide the photographs (as per the latest specification on CIC website) during landing even if the IO does not ask for one.

Thanks
I dont have experience of this personally, but I have read on the british expats forum that you can provide an new photo graph at time of landing and fill in a supplemental form that will allow them to use the photo that meets the new specs.

So the folks who sent their passports with photos of old specs, you need to ask the immigration officer at time of landing to provide you with supplemental form so that you can give them the new photos. This is not a common practice and you might have to convince them as the photo specs have changed.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lettuce_tomatoes said:
You must be some guy from Nalgunda district in AP to have ideas like these.

"I was wondering is there provision which will allow me to continue working in the US and somehow have my stay in the US count towards Canadian Stay i.e. my time spent in the US counts towards the two years required to confirm my PR status in Canada without having to move to Canada permanently. My US employer have a filed a Green Card application for me in the US, I filed for Canadian immigration as a backup , however I do not want to lose my PR status in case I do not move to Canada and continue working here in the US.

Also in the above scenario is not possible, is it possible to enter Canada before my PR visa expires and wait for 3 years before immigrating there permanently"

based on the above idea from our friend, on the basis of my Canadian PR, I am trying to see if European Union parliament in strasbourg can mail me EU Citizen directly even without having the need to formally apply for PR. LOL. our friend Maykap shoud have some ideas how to achieve my plan.

Lettuce
Lettuce bro, I like your sense of humour ....

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
canadatryingguy said:
Update -

Now, it chewed my butt.

Thanks
How did you call CIC from the US? Thanks.

kins4u2

Star Member
Mar 20, 2009
Hello Guys,

I've finished my landing formalities on 30th June from Lewiston-Queenston Bridge, Niagara Falls, NY. I've reached to Canada POE at 11:00 AM. There was not any traffic at all. Please refer below link for live traffic updates on Niagara Falls border.

http://www.peacebridge.com/webcam.php

Immigration Process was very smooth. However, I've been asked how many day I'm going to stay? Where I'm going to Stay to issue PR Card? I gave them AB address. Also I've been asked to show Proof Of Fund specially Cashier Check or MO. I was thinking only bank statement enough. But very last moment I withdrawn money to have Cashier Check from BOA which really saved my time at POE. I don't know what Immigration Officer was doing with system & my passport coz she took completely 2 hours to finish all formalities. However, she was very nice. At end, we were greeted as PR of Canada being said Welcome to Home Country, Canada. Also she explained Citizenship & PR renewal process. Also directed me to have SIN with Service Canada Broucher. I also had goods to follow list. But she said she has to go away so other officer may help you out. Next officer was available and stamped my goods to follow list. She also asked my Car title to see.

Then I went to Service Canada Office to have SIN. They issued us SIN and said SIN card will be mailed in 3 weeks. I've filled SIN Form online and got them printed out to save my time. Process was finished in 10 mins. Then went to Toronto to meet my families and stayed there for 4 days.

While started coming back to USA on 3rd July, I crossed border from Rainbow bridge. I followed above link to have live traffic update on immigration. USA immigration process was very very smooth. It was done in 2 mins. Officer asked three of us passport and checked in system. Within 30 sec, passport were returned to us. He asked us why we were in Canada? My wife was asked what is date of birth of my kid? We were done in 2 mins.

So overall process was very smooth.

I've felt few things which others should follow are:

1) Have cashier check or MO. Don't rely on bank statement.
2) Fill SIN forms which will save your time
3) Have ready Car title with you if item listed in goods to follow list

Thanks all of you here. Wish everyone will get his entire process done very smooth including visa stamping.

helloO

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2009
Nomination.....
20/04/2010
Med's Request
15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011
kins4u2 said:
Hello Guys,

I've finished my landing formalities on 30th June from Lewiston-Queenston Bridge, Niagara Falls, NY. I've reached to Canada POE at 11:00 AM. There was not any traffic at all. Please refer below link for live traffic updates on Niagara Falls border.

Immigration Process was very smooth. However, I've been asked how many day I'm going to stay? Where I'm going to Stay to issue PR Card? I gave them AB address. Also I've been asked to show Proof Of Fund specially Cashier Check or MO. I was thinking only bank statement enough. But very last moment I withdrawn money to have Cashier Check from BOA which really saved my time at POE. I don't know what Immigration Officer was doing with system & my passport coz she took completely 2 hours to finish all formalities. However, she was very nice. At end, we were greeted as PR of Canada being said Welcome to Home Country, Canada. Also she explained Citizenship & PR renewal process. Also directed me to have SIN with Service Canada Broucher. I also had goods to follow list. But she said she has to go away so other officer may help you out. Next officer was available and stamped my goods to follow list. She also asked my Car title to see.

Then I went to Service Canada Office to have SIN. They issued us SIN and said SIN card will be mailed in 3 weeks. I've filled SIN Form online and got them printed out to save my time. Process was finished in 10 mins. Then went to Toronto to meet my families and stayed there for 4 days.

While started coming back to USA on 3rd July, I crossed border from Rainbow bridge. I followed above link to have live traffic update on immigration. USA immigration process was very very smooth. It was done in 2 mins. Officer asked three of us passport and checked in system. Within 30 sec, passport were returned to us. He asked us why we were in Canada? My wife was asked what is date of birth of my kid? We were done in 2 mins.

Thanks all of you here. Wish everyone will get his entire process done very smooth including visa stamping.
Did you use AVR to enter US?

kanadatrustee

May 27, 2011
Here is our landing experience:

Did our landing on Canada Day, we reached at the Thousand island border around 3:30pm.

IO at the booth: What's the purpose of the visit?
KT: We are doing our landing.
IO at the booth: Asked some questions about what we are carrying etc and then gave us a yellow slip and told us to go to door 1.

At the Door 1 , we waited a few minutes before the immigration officer showed up and asked for our documents.

IO for Landing: Documents please.
KT: We gave him all the documentation including COPR.
IO for Landing: Asked us are we moving permanently today?
KT: We said no we are going back to USA on the 4th and will be moving once we find Jobs in Alberta, as we are nominated by AINP program.
IO for Landing: Looked confused and asked did Alberta issued our PR?
KT: no, CIC but we were nominated by Alberta and its a special program.
IO for Landing: Still had a blank look at his face, asked us to sign the COPR forms.
IO for Landing: Told us to wait there while he updates the system.
<came back after 15 minutes, with COPR stapled to our passport and told us to go to the declaration queue for goods to follow>

Officer at Import/Export counter: Asked for the forms, looked at it and said you have filled it wrong. Gave us new forms and asked to fill them up.

As we did not have our car title we had taken our Registration. We showed him the registration as proof of VIN of the car. The officer was nice enough to understand that we are not moving today and dont have title as the car is financed and allowed us to add the car to goods to follow list.

Once we got done at the Import/export counter we went back to IO for PR card and asked if we could apply for our PR cards. He said we cannot as we are not moving permanently today and told us to apply when we move permanently.

We took our rental car and drove to Ottawa. On Saturday when we explained the whole experience to my sister she told us that we could apply for PR card at Ottawa office and should do that. After doing some Google search we found that we can go to the Ottawa International airport,which has a border agency office open 12 hours a day. My wife called up the airport's border agency office and explained them whole story how we could not apply for PR card would it be possible for us to come down and apply for our PR cards they said yes come down anytime.

We went to the airport and walked to the border agency office. Waited few minutes before an officer showed up and asked what was the purpose of our visit. We again explained him that we have done our landing would like to apply for our PR cards. He looked at our passports and the stapled copr form, and told us that we dont need as the first page of the form with photo will automatically be used for PR card. We told him that the officer at the border never took an address to mail the COPR cards. He asked for the address that we wanted to get the PR cards on, we gave him my (distant)cousins address in Calgary. He came back after 15 minutes and said we are all set and should receive our PR cards in 6 weeks. Told us if we dont receive the cards then call at a 800 number that he gave us with file number he provided for tracking.

That's it.

We did not use AVR as both me and my wife have valid H1B on our passport.

KT= Kanadatrustee

saravkamaraj

Mar 8, 2010
HI All,
Any one help will be much appreciated.
I applied for AINP in 2009 got approved and applied to CIC in March 2010.Also submitted medical on June 2010.
No update after that, enquired CIC through Email got answer as - "In progress - NO action required from your side".
But suddenly yesterday I recived a Email from CIC statin - "MY AINP certificate expired. require a valid Provincial Nomination Certificate"

Please advice....

Thanks in advance.

enna

Feb 14, 2011
how about in Calgary...what office do you think we can apply for PR card if this situation will happen

thanks

kanadatrustee said:
Here is our landing experience:

Did our landing on Canada Day, we reached at the Thousand island border around 3:30pm.

IO at the booth: What's the purpose of the visit?
KT: We are doing our landing.
IO at the booth: Asked some questions about what we are carrying etc and then gave us a yellow slip and told us to go to door 1.

At the Door 1 , we waited a few minutes before the immigration officer showed up and asked for our documents.

IO for Landing: Documents please.
KT: We gave him all the documentation including COPR.
IO for Landing: Asked us are we moving permanently today?
KT: We said no we are going back to USA on the 4th and will be moving once we find Jobs in Alberta, as we are nominated by AINP program.
IO for Landing: Looked confused and asked did Alberta issued our PR?
KT: no, CIC but we were nominated by Alberta and its a special program.
IO for Landing: Still had a blank look at his face, asked us to sign the COPR forms.
IO for Landing: Told us to wait there while he updates the system.
<came back after 15 minutes, with COPR stapled to our passport and told us to go to the declaration queue for goods to follow>

Officer at Import/Export counter: Asked for the forms, looked at it and said you have filled it wrong. Gave us new forms and asked to fill them up.

As we did not have our car title we had taken our Registration. We showed him the registration as proof of VIN of the car. The officer was nice enough to understand that we are not moving today and dont have title as the car is financed and allowed us to add the car to goods to follow list.

Once we got done at the Import/export counter we went back to IO for PR card and asked if we could apply for our PR cards. He said we cannot as we are not moving permanently today and told us to apply when we move permanently.

We took our rental car and drove to Ottawa. On Saturday when we explained the whole experience to my sister she told us that we could apply for PR card at Ottawa office and should do that. After doing some Google search we found that we can go to the Ottawa International airport,which has a border agency office open 12 hours a day. My wife called up the airport's border agency office and explained them whole story how we could not apply for PR card would it be possible for us to come down and apply for our PR cards they said yes come down anytime.

We went to the airport and walked to the border agency office. Waited few minutes before an officer showed up and asked what was the purpose of our visit. We again explained him that we have done our landing would like to apply for our PR cards. He looked at our passports and the stapled copr form, and told us that we dont need as the first page of the form with photo will automatically be used for PR card. We told him that the officer at the border never took an address to mail the COPR cards. He asked for the address that we wanted to get the PR cards on, we gave him my (distant)cousins address in Calgary. He came back after 15 minutes and said we are all set and should receive our PR cards in 6 weeks. Told us if we dont receive the cards then call at a 800 number that he gave us with file number he provided for tracking.

That's it.

We did not use AVR as both me and my wife have valid H1B on our passport.

KT= Kanadatrustee

venks80

Star Member
Mar 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12/11/2009
Nomination.....
01/10/2010
I send the personal message , could you please respond to my message
Thanks
venks80

kins4u2 said:
Hello Guys,

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
Two possibilities for your case, my understanding.

1. your medical has been over 1 year, maybe they mean medical expired. Ask them.

2. your AOR was not really a medical request, because "not to schedule medical exam for next 3 months of for further info." So now they are looking back at your original application, and maybe your complete application was received by them after the nomination expiration date.

saravkamaraj said:
HI All,
Any one help will be much appreciated.
I applied for AINP in 2009 got approved and applied to CIC in March 2010.Also submitted medical on June 2010.
No update after that, enquired CIC through Email got answer as - "In progress - NO action required from your side".
But suddenly yesterday I recived a Email from CIC statin - "MY AINP certificate expired. require a valid Provincial Nomination Certificate"

Please advice....

Thanks in advance.

saravkamaraj

Mar 8, 2010
Thanks for your reply. Yes I got AOR (I thought) mentioned as "Not to schedule medical exam for next 3 months".But I did and sent it to CIC as back of medical request it mentioned as "need to complete within 90 days".
Can you please explain what do you mean by "looking back at your original application, and maybe your complete application was received by them after the nomination expiration date" , do you mean my AINP nomination expiration date or medical exam result expiration date ????

Thanks for your info!!!

the said:
Two possibilities for your case, my understanding.

1. your medical has been over 1 year, maybe they mean medical expired. Ask them.

2. your AOR was not really a medical request, because "not to schedule medical exam for next 3 months of for further info." So now they are looking back at your original application, and maybe your complete application was received by them after the nomination expiration date.