09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Wantabnomination

Well first of all congratulations dude on your upcoming marriage. Second it is just my opinion that you might as well wait for the AOR so that you can use the sticker to update the situation.Without the sticker it will take a long time to cut through the paperwork and update your file. On the otherhand you might make the case by informing them now your fiance also will be required to take the medicals and she will get the Canadian PR as well . Googling for other streams on the forum will give you threads of people who had a change in their marital status after nomination and that might help as well.

Whatever route you choose to take .Good luck rest of the way . You are in a much better situation compared to most of us and might also receive the US green card next year.

Lightsinthemist

l

wantabnomination said:
Hey guys,

my check been cashed on Sep 7th. Later this year I am marrying US Permament Resident ( will be citizen) by March. I dont want leave the process since I have spent so much time and now also money. So Should I wait for medicals and let them know or go over medicals and continue to wait till I get PPR to inform them?

wantabnomination

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7 2010
Doc's Request.
Never
Nomination.....
May 8 2010
Thanks for your quick response.
lightsinthemist said:
Wantabnomination

Well first of all congratulations dude on your upcoming marriage. Second it is just my opinion that you might as well wait for the AOR so that you can use the sticker to update the situation.Without the sticker it will take a long time to cut through the paperwork and update your file. On the otherhand you might make the case by informing them now your fiance also will be required to take the medicals and she will get the Canadian PR as well . Googling for other streams on the forum will give you threads of people who had a change in their marital status after nomination and that might help as well.

Whatever route you choose to take .Good luck rest of the way . You are in a much better situation compared to most of us and might also receive the US green card next year.

Lightsinthemist

l

vollog

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Guys. I got a question on home PCC. since the FBI require one year old on the day they issue visa. what about home PCC? we don't live in our home country for long time. should we update our home PCC also?? I submitted my PCC about 5 months old

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
lightsinthemist said:
Chigirl

The only case of file transfer to Detroit on this thread is Vsrao ( just from searching the thread ) . The other few cases where of people who were stuck since a long time waiting for meds since Jan 2010 due to various reasons. Could you please post some info on if there is some other missing piece of info on the file transfer. Also if a file transfer happens would the status tracker reflect this and also for people on the west coast of Usa would the cases be transferred to Los Angeles instead of Detroit. LA used to be very fast in taking care of cases a few years ago.
The most recent cases I have heard on this forum are that of vsrao and Shvr007. Both had their medicals done in late June. And of course, there was the case of amo1n, but was a Quebec applicant.

In the other forum, there is the case of pinoygirl, whose file got transferred to New York.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/who-send-their-medical-in-june-julyaugust-waiting-for-passport-request-t54252.0.html

vsrao posted on trackitt, that an email was sent regarding file transfer, and ECas was also updated.

All I can do is speculate, that Buffalo is overloaded and they are transferring files to other consulates to expedite the process. Beyond this, I do not have any other information.

needhelp123

May 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
Nov-2009
Nomination.....
Dec-2009
AOR Received.
May-7-2010
Med's Request
May-7-2010
Med's Done....
Jun-10-2010
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Aug-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep-2010
Folks, Thanks for all the useful guidance that this forum has provided me. I'm really grateful. I was out of the country for several weeks. Got back and saw the passport request from CIC and went to Buffalo to get the visa stamped. Please update my details in the tracking document. I had three quick questions:

(1) Do we need to specifically give an Alberta address to the officer when we land, for sending the permanent resident cards?

(2) How long does it take for the actual cards to arrive?

(3) In the period in between, i.e. from when we land in Alberta and the actual cards come, if we return to the US in that time, is there any way to enter Canada? I ask this because if I'm applying for jobs in Canada, I will not be able to go for any interviews during this time.

Thanks!

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
needhelp123 said:
Folks, Thanks for all the useful guidance that this forum has provided me. I'm really grateful. I was out of the country for several weeks. Got back and saw the passport request from CIC and went to Buffalo to get the visa stamped. Please update my details in the tracking document. I had three quick questions:

(1) Do we need to specifically give an Alberta address to the officer when we land, for sending the permanent resident cards?

(3) In the period in between, i.e. from when we land in Alberta and the actual cards come, if we return to the US in that time, is there any way to enter Canada? I ask this because if I'm applying for jobs in Canada, I will not be able to go for any interviews during this time.

Thanks!
How did you get passport request in email or regular mail ?

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
needhelp123 said:

It is preferable to provide an AB address but looks like it is not mandatory. A Canadian address should do.

Around 55 days as per some posts. But expect it to be more.

If you cross back to Canada by Land, then your Passport and COPR Documentare enough.
If you fly, then you need to get additional Travel Documents.

Thanks!

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Chigirl

Thank you for the additional info. I think Vsrao and amo1n cases might be good indicators. Shvr007 case transfer might also have been due to his move to canada.

Like you said we can only speculate at this time on the direction CIC intends to take this , hopefully the expedite by transferring or whatever means possible.

If that does not happen looks like there is a long waiting line for PPR ( was just browsing other categories on this forum and a lot of other streams folks are waiting as well ).

Lightsinthemist

chigirl said:
The most recent cases I have heard on this forum are that of vsrao and Shvr007. Both had their medicals done in late June. And of course, there was the case of amo1n, but was a Quebec applicant.

In the other forum, there is the case of pinoygirl, whose file got transferred to New York.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/who-send-their-medical-in-june-julyaugust-waiting-for-passport-request-t54252.0.html

vsrao posted on trackitt, that an email was sent regarding file transfer, and ECas was also updated.

All I can do is speculate, that Buffalo is overloaded and they are transferring files to other consulates to expedite the process. Beyond this, I do not have any other information.

jonnyU

Jun 16, 2010
needhelp123 said:

Thanks!
Can you describe your experience at Buffalo during your Visa Process?

ChaloCanada

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
19-OCT-2010 (to NY)
Med's Request
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010; reached 23-07-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-12-2010, dated-15-12-2010
needhelp123

can you post your date of PPR receipts

northern

Aug 20, 2009
Hello fellows,

I was following this forum every day but did not put as much valued information as many of you did. Recently, I noticed that many people who received AORs and did medicals in June - August timeframe started geting anxious and afraid that Buffalo is slowing down. I received my nomination in December 09, submitted application to Buffalo in January and resubmitted it in February (missed one line in wife's history). They send me AOR in June 10 and we sent medicals on June 28 (received June 29). On September 9, I received e-mail from Buffalo that my file was transferred to Los-Angeles to expedite the process. I was a little bit frustrated since they did not transfer the file after receiving medicals and waited more than two months (according to several timetables, they used to transfer files either after sending AOR or receiving medicals in the past). However, yesterday September 29 (20 days after file was transferred) we received request for passports. Therefore, just relax, I know waiting and uncertainty are annoying but you are close. Good luck.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
northern said:
Hello fellows,

I was following this forum every day but did not put as much valued information as many of you did. Recently, I noticed that many people who received AORs and did medicals in June - August timeframe started geting anxious and afraid that Buffalo is slowing down. I received my nomination in December 09, submitted application to Buffalo in January and resubmitted it in February (missed one line in wife's history). They send me AOR in June 10 and we sent medicals on June 28 (received June 29). On September 9, I received e-mail from Buffalo that my file was transferred to Los-Angeles to expedite the process. I was a little bit frustrated since they did not transfer the file after receiving medicals and waited more than two months (according to several timetables, they used to transfer files either after sending AOR or receiving medicals in the past). However, yesterday September 29 (20 days after file was transferred) we received request for passports. Therefore, just relax, I know waiting and uncertainty are annoying but you are close. Good luck.
Thank you for stepping in. Any bit of information on the happenings is really helpful.

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Northern

Thank you very much for the awesome update. If you would not mind sharing do you currently stay on the west coast, just curious that your file got transferred to LA. LA is very very fast as has been mentioned at several places...you got your PPR in 20 days after file transfer.

I think they might be transferring by closest to residence just in case interview is to be requested later from the applicant ( minority number of cases ) .

Good luck rest of the way.

Lightsinthemist

northern said:
Hello fellows,

procan

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2009
Nomination.....
17-11-2009 CIC App. Filed.: 12-03-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
lightsinthemist said:
Northern

Thank you very much for the awesome update. If you would not mind sharing do you currently stay on the west coast, just curious that your file got transferred to LA. LA is very very fast as has been mentioned at several places...you got your PPR in 20 days after file transfer.

I think they might be transferring by closest to residence just in case interview is to be requested later from the applicant ( minority number of cases ) .

Good luck rest of the way.

Lightsinthemist
Yes, thanks for the good news " Northern"!
if we assume that they are transferring by closest to the residence...I am not sure what they are going to do in cases like mine..
I have moved to India and changed my address also with CIC. so, are they going to transfer mine to India?
if so, I wont have to deal with problems like mailing or sending pp with someone else..hehe..
lets wait and see what happens

amo1n

Sep 29, 2010
Wash DC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 27 2010
File Transfer...
September 8 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 26
VISA ISSUED...
November 9
LANDED..........
Soon
kevinctech said:
Hi.. how do you that your file got transfered to Detroit? I mean how do we find out?? Appreciate your reply!
Kevinctech, the buffalo office sent me an email to inform me. I specified on my application to contact me by email primarily because it's faster.