+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
6SigmaMBB said:
It took me ard 3months and 2 weeks to get AOR and request for Medicals. Guess, you could expect similar time lines?

Regarding your expired PCCs and not submitting BC, there is a chance they could ask for it at a later stage (usually during PPR I guess).

-6Sigma
6Sigma,

Based on other members , LOOKS like we have to take 4 photos each for Medical . As for photo size,

1) Do we need to follow the same photo requirement that we did for CIC?

2) If not what's the photo requirement for medical?

Thanks

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
canada.lover said:
It has been a while no PPR has issued. what happened?
Probably reflects the fact that AINP issued no nominations for almost 6 months, last year. Think almost everyone who applied before that has got their PPR by now.

canada.lover

Feb 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
image6000 said:
6Sigma,

Based on other members , LOOKS like we have to take 4 photos each for Medical . As for photo size,

1) Do we need to follow the same photo requirement that we did for CIC?

2) If not what's the photo requirement for medical?

Thanks
TWO photos per family member are needed. The specifications of photos are NOT same as they were while you applied for CIC because those pictures were specifc Immigration Photos with specific size of 35 MM * 45 MM and other specifications. Medical Photos are just regular passport sized (2 inch * 2 inch) photos. Medical/Passport photos can be obtained at any CVS, Wallgreens, Walmart. Again, Medical photos are same as the regular passport photos. Two photo for each family member are required by designated medical practitioner/DMP/Doctor.
I hope this helps...

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
Hello Everyone,

Pardon me for putting this question in this forum. I know it does not belong here. On the other hand, this forum has most knowledgable people. So, I couldn't resist myself.

My brother (who is in india right now) have received canadian visa through BC Provincial program. However, he is planning to land in toronto and do not intend to go to BC at all. Does anyone know if this can create any problem for him? Any problem during landing or after that? It seems that landing is not a problem as instruction letter he received with hsi visa says that he can land anywhere except quebec.

Thanks in advance,

BTW, I have received our (my wife and I) FBI letters last week and I am planning to go through all pages on this forum and I will try to send documents to buffalo sometime next week.

canada.lover

Feb 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is difference between landing and settlement. One can land anywhere but should settle in nominating province.

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
Hi Virgos/Seniors,

Schedule-1,For the Back-ground declaration form I might need additional sheets(may be most of us).How did you manage those additional sheets.Do we need to add them at the end of the form after signature sheet or next to the page(section) where ever additional sheet is required.

Are we going to mention that we are provincial Nominee in IMM008 form any where?

Shouldn't we use paper clips to keep all the docuements together?Some time back I read in this form not use any paper clips etc.

Are we going to keep the Appendix-A checklist at the end of all the documents or in the front so that aplication reviewr can check what are all the documents that we send.

Thank you
Virgo

6SigmaMBB

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
Not sure if I can help here....I have recently submitted by Medicals and my file has been transferred to LA consulate, still waiting for PRR. Then follows the actual landing formalities and applying/ receiving the PR card.. So, quite a long way to go, atleast 3 months in my mind at where I am right now....

P.S:AOR=Acknowledgment of receipt.(File # to track ur appln)

hsetin said:
6Sigma,
Thanks for the information.
I am assuming, you might be able to answer this- How much time and steps does it take after you submit your medical (what is AOR?), and to finally get your PR card?
A little impatient, and also a lot of career decisions are hanging on this timeline.

canada.lover

Feb 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
6SigmaMBB said:
Not sure if I can help here....I have recently submitted by Medicals and my file has been transferred to LA consulate, still waiting for PRR. Then follows the actual landing formalities and applying/ receiving the PR card.. So, quite a long way to go, atleast 3 months in my mind at where I am right now....

P.S:AOR=Acknowledgment of receipt.(File # to track ur appln)
I don't think it is going to take 3 months because as a US resident your FBI check and PCC's reduce a significant burden of responsibilities under background check process unless you have resided in multiple countries. It should not take more than Month nad half. By April 23 you will get PPR or something else.

virgos

Star Member
Feb 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 21 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 17 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 05 2009
AOR Received.
Jun 24 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26 2010 - NY
Med's Request
Jun 24 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 03 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 07 2011
LANDED..........
Mar 12 2011 (Windsor, ON)
Virgo,

Here is my advise:
I did not attach any extra sheets, You can attach the explanation for the Schedule 1 after the signature sheet, They will be able to figure this out. They see a lot of applications everyday.
Some people attach the explanation after all the forms as additional information, still that is fine.
Just be sure to clearly mention it as a Subject on top of page, so that it is pretty obvious what the contents are.

On IMM008 form top of first page,
Category under which you are applying: Check the box for Economic Class & then in the box labeled 'Other' write PNP

I kept the application checklist on the top, Again this is personal preference. In my opinion where you keep checklist is not going to make or break your case for immigration. Use your discretion.
You can also keep checklist after all the forms and on top of the supporting 'photocopied documents., atleast this is what the guide says
Gather documents as listed. Check () each item on the checklist and attach the checklist to your photocopied documents (a paper clip will do)

- Virgos

virgo said:
Hi Virgos/Seniors,

Schedule-1,For the Back-ground declaration form I might need additional sheets(may be most of us).How did you manage those additional sheets.Do we need to add them at the end of the form after signature sheet or next to the page(section) where ever additional sheet is required.

Are we going to mention that we are provincial Nominee in IMM008 form any where?

Shouldn't we use paper clips to keep all the docuements together?Some time back I read in this form not use any paper clips etc.

Are we going to keep the Appendix-A checklist at the end of all the documents or in the front so that aplication reviewr can check what are all the documents that we send.

Thank you
Virgo

saravkamaraj

Mar 8, 2010
I send my application to CIC on Nov 15th and Today (Mar-8,2010) i got a letter informing about my application number and fee receipt for money I paid.
In That letter it mentioned as - "Medical form is enclosed with this letter.Please do not schedule any medical examination for next 3 months
from the date of this letter until you get further info".

In the medical form I received with this letter, it mentioned as - "Do your medical examination immediately, do not delay more than
60 days which may cause delay in processing".

What should I do now? Please any one help!!!

canada.lover

Feb 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Medical forms have a typical performa/template so this language if kind of default so DO NOT pay any attention to it RATHER pay attention to the language of letter which says that Do not schedule any exam till next 3 months because these are the real instructions for you

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
sarav,
I think you should write to them immediately explaining the confusing nature of instructions. You want to be safe from you end regarding this matter and have every form or communication in writing. Fax and email at the same time asking them what exactly they want you to do as the instructions contradict. Just be gentle and use soft words to explain this situation and mention your FILE NUMBER distinctly. Make it easy for them to locate you in their system. Provide your email and phone number so that they can respond promptly.

I also suggest sending copies of the 2 letters you received with opposite instructions along with your "Cover letter" explaining your situation.

Hope this helps

saravkamaraj said:
I send my application to CIC on Nov 15th and Today (Mar-8,2010) i got a letter informing about my application number and fee receipt for money I paid.
In That letter it mentioned as - "Medical form is enclosed with this letter.Please do not schedule any medical examination for next 3 months
from the date of this letter until you get further info".

In the medical form I received with this letter, it mentioned as - "Do your medical examination immediately, do not delay more than
60 days which may cause delay in processing".

What should I do now? Please any one help!!!

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Hi guys,

I received by email a "Passport Request Document" - has 6 pages. They have requested for passports - within 60 days. Its March 9 today and we have an India travel scheduled on March 29 - returning April 17. Is it any advisable to send it now - or should I rather send it April 20th-ish.

Also, there is a line that says Aug 12, 2010 is until when my PR visa is valid. Does this mean I have to land in Canada prior to that ?

Any thoughts will help.

Thanks,

durka

Oct 25, 2008
arajesh5 said:
Hi guys,

I received by email a "Passport Request Document" - has 6 pages. They have requested for passports - within 60 days. Its March 9 today and we have an India travel scheduled on March 29 - returning April 17. Is it any advisable to send it now - or should I rather send it April 20th-ish.

Also, there is a line that says Aug 12, 2010 is until when my PR visa is valid. Does this mean I have to land in Canada prior to that ?

Any thoughts will help.

Thanks,
rajesh,

i think waiting would be a safer option in your case. can i ask you to post your timeline please?

thanks,

durka

car33r

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Was just going through the CIC process tracker sheet and noticed that there has hardly been any activity since 08/2009 when the last guys who entered their time in the tracker have recieved their PPR.

Analyzing the data entered in the sheet, it appeared like the normal processing time for CIC to send AOR+Medical is 3 months and then for PPR is another 3-4 months.

There is hardly any application submission reported by forum members between 08/2009 - 12/2009 which makes me wonder how has the CIC timelines been for the batch of people who have submitted in this timeframe. Is the CIC process now taking more time that what it took for the earlier batch of applicants who submitted by 08/2009? Has it become faster? Or is it still the same?

Definitely the huge time taken by FBI check is one of the reasons to blame for this vacuum.

Looks like there are a bunch of guys who will be submitting their CIC applications within next few days. Another substantial wave of applicants who were nominated during Nov-Dec timeframe, hope it does not bog down CIC.

I sent my complete CIC application (with FBI and PCC) on March 8th and keeping my fingers crossed for it to be accepted and processed within the normal processing timelines of CIC, whatever that is. Send in your application fast guys, I am looking for some company around my CIC timeline.