22-06-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010; reached 23-07-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-12-2010, dated-15-12-2010
When applying at CIC

Can i draw a single cashier check for $1020/- (510+510) for myself and my wife???

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Hey Despo, how you doing man!!
You said "Include return Prepaird non-metered Express Mail envelop with your documents keeps that return traacking number for your reference"

But when I try the "Express mail" option with USPS to print the postage, it asks me for a "Ship date". What do you do about this?... as we cannot predict when the NY consulate is going to send it out.
Please clarify....
Thanks much,
Karl

despoimmigrant said:
Congrats Narsanna, great news buddy.........
Regarding Fee i would say check BB's recent post few pages back he has link for the fees in USD and CAD both.

This address you send it. ( If your request came from NY consulate than use address below)

Consulate General of Canada
Immigration Section
1251 Avenue of the Americas
Concourse Level
New York, New York
10020-1175, USA

Documents: Passports of all family members, fees, 4 photos of each family member(see special instruction for photos in the PPR documents) that form where u have to write hight and eye color of each family m ember and sign authorization form for visa.

Express mail would be the best option to send passports to NY consulate. ( Include return Prepaird non-metered Express Mail envelop with your documents keeps that return traacking number for your reference )

This is all you need to get visa stamped in passports.

good luck.

lol who gave me one negative rank? i had 6 rank going on someone gave me negative which made 5 now? hmmm

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
satyac said:
Hi

I want to do landing in april ,my PR visa expires in june.I just want to landing first,im not having address alberta.So can do landing apply for travel document later ,if i want to enter canda.How easy it is to get travel document....

More ever is it true that i need to do landing before 2 months of visa expires....??

Thanks
Satya,
I plan on doing my landing in April also, and my Visa expires in June too. I live on the East Coast and I will do my landing at Niagara Falls (flight to AB is prohibitively expensive). I hope to apply for SIN also. I am not sure how successful I will be since I won't be doing this in Alberta.

Have you heard anything more on the "2 month" thing. I read it in DNataraj's post, and that officer was not very well-informed per dna. I will probably be a couple days into the last 2 months. Personally, I don't think this will be a problem. I should be able to enter (and exit) the country even on the last day on my Visa, theoretically.

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
karl said:
Hey Despo, how you doing man!!
You said "Include return Prepaird non-metered Express Mail envelop with your documents keeps that return traacking number for your reference"

But when I try the "Express mail" option with USPS to print the postage, it asks me for a "Ship date". What do you do about this?... as we cannot predict when the NY consulate is going to send it out.
Please clarify....
Thanks much,
Karl
Better buy stamp from USPS not the online prints, tell them that it is a return envelope to you.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi Guys
Here is my lading story, etc... BTW the reason if my landing is that by the grace of almighty God I got a job in Edmonton at the beginning of January/2010 and moved to Canada almost 2 weeks ago...

I landed on Jan 28 in Edmonton International Airport. Landing went smooth despite of the fact that I waited for 2 hours in immigration due to the people in front of me were having problems to enter to Canada (one of them was being deported and the other was having problems demonstrating why he was coming to Edmonton)... For me the landing process with the immigration officer took only 15 minutes and I was all set for customs. In customs I was asked for the list of good, goods to follow and rabies certificate of my cat (forgot to mention that I was bringing one of the cats with me). Later I rented a car and then I went to the hotel. Next day after my landing I got my SIN, bank account and health care number.
A week later my wife + my other 2 cats landed in Edmonton. She did not have problems either. She declared more than 15.000USD in customs and did not have any problem about that. No charges at all. The only think was that the officer in customs was asking for the list of goods to follow, since she did not have it the officer was asking for me after sometime the officer let her go.
A week later we rented an apt and I was only asked for 1 month deposit. rent seems to be pretty similar to US...
SInce then life is good so far and I am happy living in Canada as a PR!!!! SInce I lived in a small city (nashua/NH) I am still getting use to a big city and getting more comfortable everyday. I currently don't have a car so I am using public transportation. I love ETS (Edmonton Transit System) b/c I just had to pay the monthly pass and I get as many rides I want :))

I wish all of you good luck in your immigration process!!

BTW Come to Alberta!!!! you'll LOVE IIIIIITTTTTTTT!!!

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
inge,

congratulations on your victory. Time really ran very fast, I remember when all you guys (you, akk, cchabert, rasco, and more) were still in the begining of the CIC process 1 year ago, and now you guys are sharing your landing experiences.

Good luck with your new life.

srini_72

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
File Transfer...
13-07-2010
Med's Done....
28-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2010 ( Decision Made on October 25)
Moiz4you,

Did you go to buffalo for visa stamping?

srini

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
Juan,

I am very happy for you. More importantly, you landed a job that meets your capabilities in this economy. Amazing! You did it, friend.

Congratulations and Good luck. :D

iAlberta

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Mar/2009
Doc's Request.
16/Dec/2009
Nomination.....
11/Jan/2010
AOR Received.
01/Jun/2010
Med's Request
01/Jun/2010
Med's Done....
04/Jun/2010
Passport Req..
27/Aug/2010
Congrats!!!

ingegarcia said:
Hi Guys
Here is my lading story, etc... BTW the reason if my landing is that by the grace of almighty God I got a job in Edmonton at the beginning of January/2010 and moved to Canada almost 2 weeks ago...

I landed on Jan 28 in Edmonton International Airport. Landing went smooth despite of the fact that I waited for 2 hours in immigration due to the people in front of me were having problems to enter to Canada (one of them was being deported and the other was having problems demonstrating why he was coming to Edmonton)... For me the landing process with the immigration officer took only 15 minutes and I was all set for customs. In customs I was asked for the list of good, goods to follow and rabies certificate of my cat (forgot to mention that I was bringing one of the cats with me). Later I rented a car and then I went to the hotel. Next day after my landing I got my SIN, bank account and health care number.
A week later my wife + my other 2 cats landed in Edmonton. She did not have problems either. She declared more than 15.000USD in customs and did not have any problem about that. No charges at all. The only think was that the officer in customs was asking for the list of goods to follow, since she did not have it the officer was asking for me after sometime the officer let her go.
A week later we rented an apt and I was only asked for 1 month deposit. rent seems to be pretty similar to US...
SInce then life is good so far and I am happy living in Canada as a PR!!!! SInce I lived in a small city (nashua/NH) I am still getting use to a big city and getting more comfortable everyday. I currently don't have a car so I am using public transportation. I love ETS (Edmonton Transit System) b/c I just had to pay the monthly pass and I get as many rides I want :))

ChaloCanada

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
19-OCT-2010 (to NY)
Med's Request
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010; reached 23-07-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-12-2010, dated-15-12-2010
ingegarcia said:
Hi Guys

Congrats on landing and settling in your new home!!!

u did not mention anything abt the weather...

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Hope you are enjoying your life at Edmonton. I am waiting for my visa stamping and passport. I was wondering whether you attended the job interview personally or telephonic interview with you current employer. Which one do they prefer? Can you brief us on you job search experience.

Thanks much

Mouli.

ingegarcia said:
Hi Guys

hi

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Thanks BB. I checked with USPS and figured I will have to go there in person and mention specifically that it is a Return - "Express Mail Envelope"
bb0310 said:
Better buy stamp from USPS not the online prints, tell them that it is a return envelope to you.

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats ingegarcia!!
i have been going through all the old posts in this thread ... great info u all have left behind.

canada.lover

Feb 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats inge!! Congrats to you and your cat family!! Do you have children or only cats?
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) :) :) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

C

cchabert

karl said:
CCH, long time no see man!
Canada seems to be treating you well :D

Hey quick question, I just got my "Request for Passports" and am wondering what kinda "Return Envelope" should I send to CIC. They have mentioned that they prefer USPS mail. But ofcourse, I want my "Return Mail" to be tracked. Any suggestions on how this can be done?

Gixxer, Congrats man. What are you planning for the "Return Envelope"?

Karl
Go to the USPS and buy an envelope of Express Mail plus the stamp ($17.50) and add the stamp to the envelope and fill the form from NY to your place, then put all the documentation requested by CIC pus the envelope in another Express mail box or bigger envelope and send it to NY, got it?

Good Luck!!

Peace!