Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sukhminder said:
ainpdude said:
sukhminder said:
ainpdude said:
sukhminder said:
ainpdude said:
Interesting report aired on NPR today on comparative study of US/Canada healthcare
titled :

"Does Canada's Health Care System Need Fixing?"

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111721651
This also came a while ago : http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6646340600856118396
thx ... exposes the wonder-under-belly...
hey man u still on this forum... thought u were preparing for vacation to bahamas ...
lol...still here:) now having a hard time figuring how to transport my 10 suitcases of clothes(45Kgs each) from CA to Alberta...:( Any suggestions??
uhaul, movers and as last option ... some of us can surely help ;)
I also looked for UHaul but I am little skeptical because of longggg drive from CA to AB and also its first time long drive :) ....and movers I am not able to find..I been searching hard for some good price deal on uship.com but no avail so far. Flying also doesnt look like an option as these airlines are charging hefty amounts of excess baggage....I am looking to spend around $1500 as transport charges but just not able to figure out the options...LOL, I am gonna call Grayhound bus service also...

I had moved Big Bags using USPS and FEDEX i dont remember charges. But i can tell it was cheaper than airline 5 years back. Not sure how it works with Canada as its different country. you may have to fill out custom form and include list of items in each bags in case they open up for some reason. ( if you dont find it than try to put garrage sale on your cloths ) if that does not work than goodwill is always there everywhere.............

Hope that helps.

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
I received my initial assessment today and they requested for state pccs and rprf. The letter is dated 6th August. Got my AOR on 20th July.

druckers

Jan 5, 2009
I got the request for passports today. Letter dated 6th August and handled at NY consulate.
I submitted my medicals, RPRF and state PC's by 1st week of July.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi Guys!!! your prayers have been listened...... I got my passport request today... same as druckers letter was dated August 6....

BTW don't forget that I'll be praying for you guys!!!
Good luck to all!!

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ingegarcia said:
Hi Guys!!! your prayers have been listened...... I got my passport request today... same as druckers letter was dated August 6....

Good luck to all!!
Let me be the first one to congratulate you. I know you have been waiting for this day for a long time and the prayers have been answered. Happy Landing. Thanks for your prayers on behalf of us.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
druckers said:
I got the request for passports today. Letter dated 6th August and handled at NY consulate.
Congratulations to you too. Glad to hear that they responded you within a month.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moiz4you said:
I received my initial assessment today and they requested for state pccs and rprf. The letter is dated 6th August. Got my AOR on 20th July.
Is your file in NYC too? Did you submit state PCC at the beginning? Did they mention anything about interview waive etc? I am very happy for you that things are moving smoothly. Good luck with the rest of the process.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
druckers said:
Congratulations!!! Great news. Happy landing!!

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
ingegarcia said:

Good luck to all!!
Hey Inge, Congratulation!!!! Finally you made it. All the very best for landing and future.

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
ingegarcia said:

Good luck to all!!
Ingegarcia and druckers congratulations !!! and more Congratulations !!! Mondays are always good in the forums :)...so what are your plans for move guys? How are you planning to ship your stuff :) to Alberta?

jack76

Feb 11, 2009
sukhminder said:
Got PPR from LA today 8th Aug, letter dated 31st July. Timelines for new ppl :)

Province / Territory: Alberta
Applied for Provincial Nomination: 20 Nov 2008
Provincial Nomination Received: 05 Jan 2009
Canadian Visa Office: Los Angeles, USA
Application Sent to Visa Office: 20 Feb 2009
AOR Received Date: 11 May 2009
Medicals Requested: 11 May 2009
Medicals Done: 12 May 2009
Medicals Sent: 20 May 2009
File Transferred to Local Consulate: 21 May 2009
Initial Assessment Received: 20 Jul 2009
Documents Requested: 20 Jul 2009
Documents Sent: 21 Jul 2009
Passport Requested: 08 Aug 2009, Letter dated 31 July 2009(freaking 75cents ticket)
Passport Sent: 08 Aug 2009
Hey Sukh, Congrats man,
You also entered in green zone...must be feeling relaxed now :)
I received my passport with visa today.. LA is not so bad....they are just testing our patience and giving us some hard time but finally a beautiful morning after a dark night which makes us feel refreshed :)

Good Luck to everyone who is waiting to enter the green zone...

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Thank you dna, nix1, kgh,sukh !!!!
Actually my interview was never waived!!! and I was expecting an interviewed request... but these news are just so great!!!

BTW this is what has happened in my case in the last couple of weeks...

I got a job offer from a Canadian employer in Edmonton... and requested a support letter to Alberta AINP program to request work permit.
Last Wednesday I traveled to NY Office to request visa/work permit.... and it is gonna take 5-10 business days to receive my passport... Now I just got the passport request for my PR application... but I guess at this point there is nothing I can do and I'll just have to wait for my work permit/visa...
Most probably I'll be traveling to Edmonton in the next 2 weeks under work permit and sent the passports to NY from Edmonton to have my PR stamped...

BTW2 just because this information was very sensitive at that point I did not want to tell anybody nor even post it on the internet...

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
ingegarcia said:
Thank you dna, nix1, kgh,sukh !!!!
Actually my interview was never waived!!! and I was expecting an interviewed request... but these news are just so great!!!

BTW this is what has happened in my case in the last couple of weeks...

I got a job offer from a Canadian employer in Edmonton... and requested a support letter to Alberta AINP program to request work permit.
Last Wednesday I traveled to NY Office to request visa/work permit.... and it is gonna take 5-10 business days to receive my passport... Now I just got the passport request for my PR application... but I guess at this point there is nothing I can do and I'll just have to wait for my work permit/visa...
Most probably I'll be traveling to Edmonton in the next 2 weeks under work permit and sent the passports to NY from Edmonton to have my PR stamped...

BTW2 just because this information was very sensitive at that point I did not want to tell anybody nor even post it on the internet...
Wow inge...that's awesome to have a Job in hand upon landing....:) and thanks for sharing the information and yet it was sensitive to be posted on internet at that time. By the way are you flying to Edmonton or traveling by car/bus?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I am undecided... I think most probably I'll put all the stuff (car included) in a U-Haul and drive to Edmonton...so from Nashua, NH is around 3-4 days... tough but I think it is OK...

BTW b/c I am entering to Canada with a work permit I believe I do not have to import my car right away... that will give me some time to figure out what needs to be done with the car... as for my furnitures, etc I think it is better to have some stuff over there than to start from the scratch...