+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online TRV application from USA

hks11

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
help_TRV said:
Hi There,

Where were you asked to send your Passport? I read some post where the applicants mailed their passport to NYC.
Yes, I was asked to send my passport. The place to where you will send the passport depends on where you applied from. I applied from USA, so there are two centers one in NY and another one in LA. You may refer the below link, however you will get these information when they communicate.

www.cic.gc.ca/submit

diettima

Mar 8, 2013
I applied on 13 Feb and has been asked to submit the passport today. I didn't get any email......found after logging into the CIG site.

mimram

Mar 14, 2013
hks11 said:
I got a message from CIC today asking to send the passport. :)
does it mean that your application is approved? or they ask for passport in the case of rejection too?

ranjitksubramanian

Feb 26, 2013
I received the reply from CIC to send the passport. I applied on 15-Feb-2013. Reply came on: 15-Mar-2013. No mails received. I checked in MYCIC Login. It takes 30 days. This is how the second letter looks like:
Dear XXX,
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.
To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: .
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Attention: The unique client identification (UCI) number in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number. For your own protection, do not allow any person, other than an authorized representative, to use this number asit provides access to personal information on your file.

Visacurious

Mar 7, 2013
HI hks,
have you received back your passport yet? I am trying to guage how much time is it taking for passport return after they request the passport via the online application message center.

edewr

Mar 11, 2013
Five biz days since they received my passport in NY.....still nothing when I track the return label on USPS........

I missed the good old same-day processing times so badly!!!!!!!!!!!

RocketCity

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
U062
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Nomination.....
26-02-2014
AOR Received.
09-05-2014
Med's Request
09-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
26-02-2014
Passport Req..
RPRF Request 02-03-2015, PPR Request 10-03-2015
Submitted my application on February 24 and got notice to send passport today (March 24). So should I send it to LA or NY?

Jackwonder

Mar 25, 2013
So, based on what I read, no matter what way I apply for temporary visit, it always takes about 1 month. Is it correct? This is very disturbing. I have an interview at Canada within 10 days. What I can do to get a visa to catch the time?

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
scrls5 said:
Any update with any of you USA folks?
The NY consulate received my passport on 13th March. 9 business days has passed since then but still the USPS return tracking label shows that the passport has not been mailed back yet. I am a little concerned. Is anyone else facing a similar delay?

Visacurious

Mar 7, 2013
Jackwonder said:
So, based on what I read, no matter what way I apply for temporary visit, it always takes about 1 month. Is it correct? This is very disturbing. I have an interview at Canada within 10 days. What I can do to get a visa to catch the time?
Unfortunately, I don't think you have any options. The online visa process is taking almost 1 month for processing after which you should receive a letter in your MyCic account to send the passport. The best case scenario of sending and receiving the passport seems to be 7-10 business days.

so in total you are looking at ~ 45 days before you have a visa stamped passport in your possession.