+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online TRV application from USA

hks11

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
Are there any people out there who applied TRV from USA through online application and got their visa? If so, how long did it take to get further communcation to send in the passpart? How long did it take to get your passport back? What was the application processing center? Please share your experience. Appreciate it.

I applied on 7th Feb but haven't heard anything back yet.

Thanks.

spideey666

Mar 5, 2013
Exactly the thread i was looking for. I applied on Feb 12th. I guess it would hear from them by Friday.

What kind of documents did they ask for in the request to send passport? May be I can get my documents ready.

hks11

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
spideey666 said:
Exactly the thread i was looking for. I applied on Feb 12th. I guess it would hear from them by Friday.

What kind of documents did they ask for in the request to send passport? May be I can get my documents ready.
In my case, just the passport and the letter I received from them.

Visacurious

Mar 7, 2013
I applied on 8th Feb, received the email today (7th March) to submit the passport. According to the letter, I have 30 days since the receipt of the email to provide them the passport for further processing.

Does anyone know how long does it take to get the passport back? I have a rather small window of opportunity here. I am traveling overseas on 17th march, returning on 25th march and then again traveling on 15th april. The only time I can give them my passport but MUST have it back by 14th April.

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Hi

I applied online for Visitor Visa on 27th Jan but still have not received any communication. For some reason I assumed that my application would be handled by the NY consulate but it seems that is not the case. It seems my application is being handled by CPP-Ottawa. Is there a link for understanding their processing times for applicants from the US? I can see some information on the CIC website but that is for applications from within Canada. Are online applications considered to be from within Canada even if the applicant is residing in the US?

Also, according to CIC website online applications for Jan 14th are being processed right now. I am surprised that people who applied later have received passport requests. I am terribly confused with the whole process. Would really appreciate if someone can take the time to explain it to me.

Thanks a lot!

hks11

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
I think people will never know where the online applications are reviewed and processed. All we have to do is wait until you hear back from them. It took about a month time to me and I don't think we can refer the processing times given in the website by various processing centers, those are for applications sent through mail.

Good luck.

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
hks11 said:
I think people will never know where the online applications are reviewed and processed. All we have to do is wait until you hear back from them. It took about a month time to me and I don't think we can refer the processing times given in the website by various processing centers, those are for applications sent through mail.

Good luck.
Thank you hks11. I am a little frustrated cause I applied online on Jan 27th and still have not received any news. I know people who applied after me and have gotten their passports stamped already. I need to be in Canada for a very urgent matter, which is time sensitive, and due to this lack of transparency in the process, I just cannot make any plans. Anyway, I guess I will just wait it out. Thanks again.

sairam_25

Mar 6, 2013
Hi hks11

I have other psot in this forum but not getting any replies.

It seems you have applied from USA .My friend also want to apply from USA.Is the process straight forward to apply.

She is a student and want to go to canada for visit purpose(tourism)..what do u think the chances are? Is it better to give an specific reason when we apply?

And because she is a student is that good option though ?

thanks

handinhand

Mar 8, 2013
Hi,

I am new here and applying for my parents for visitor visa. Does anyone know which method is faster to get the visitor visa? By mail or ONLINE? I read many posts here. It seems BY MAIL is even faster than ONLINE sometimes since you at least know where your file goes. Is this true? But the CIC website says ONLINE is on higher priority.

Looks like Los Angeles office have open hours. Can we still walk in to submit the application even not receiving them on the same day? or if we send by mail, can we check in the status by walking in to LA office?

if we can't and have to go with ONLINE application, I estimate that we need to wait one month to get the email requesting the passport submission. But at that time, the passport is not available yet since my parents need them traveling to US. It will take about two weeks for us to send out passport. Is that still ok? or is visa office going to hold on the stamping that long? and then how long does it take for visa office to send passport back? we need them within one month fly to canada.

We really appreciate your help here.

hks11

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
sairam_25 said:
Hi hks11

I have other psot in this forum but not getting any replies.

It seems you have applied from USA .My friend also want to apply from USA.Is the process straight forward to apply.

She is a student and want to go to canada for visit purpose(tourism)..what do u think the chances are? Is it better to give an specific reason when we apply?

And because she is a student is that good option though ?

thanks
There are some questions you can answer to determine if she is eligible to apply for a visa. Refer the link given below. You better provide strong support documents that she will come back after visit, any travel itenery or receipt of hotel confirmation if any could be additional support documents.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp

help_TRV

Mar 11, 2013
Hi, is there anyway to withdraw the application submitted online? I should have checked before submitting the documents online. I want to submit it to a Visa office in NY.

Thank you for your time.