July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Black-Berry said:
Hey all,

Yes its good news :)

I GOT A.I.P.!... and i got my work permit and SIN number!....
BUT.... C.I.C. has screwed up my file real bad!. They lost half my documents and the doctor who did my medical has misplaced it!!

The main reason my file was transferred was because the doctor who did my medical sent it to Buffalo! The IO called buffalo and Buffallo doesnt have my medical. so we called the doctor and they said and swore they sent it .

the "interview" went VERY well actually. the IO is super sweet. we laughed/joked half the time!. if any of you want your files processed maybe you should move to nanimo hehehehh..

She said my case is very straight forward but Vegreville screwed up my file ... I sent my kids birth certificates (copies of course) and they lost them.
They sent me a form requesing further information and i sent it back and no one even bothered to input the stuff in the coomputer or even attach it to my file. So my IO here in nanimo had to go digging and found it and have it faxed as dh and i sat and waited in the IO office!!!. (Yeah thats who looks at our personal files people!) Its amazing how these people at Vegreville take things soo lightly knowing any small thing can screw your life!.

So i have to call the doctors office again tomorrow and have them look for my medicals wherever they sent them ad as soon as they locate them, i get PR.
What a huuuggee Mess!. At least my IO told me she wont transfer it back to vegreville but she will do it all herself :D .. so we are looking at within the month :) ....
BB you should contact Ottawa Health Regional Center because this is where all doctors sent your medical results to. My medicals were misplaced too, and Vegreville asked me to go through medical. I found out through call center that my medicals were not on file, so i sent the fax to Ottawa Health regional ctr to do the inquiry because my doctors office was not very helpful. Later Ottawa confirmed that they put my medical on my file and the results are now available to Vegreville. In short Ottawa never put my medical to my file in their computer system,.

After that i confirmed with call center at a later date, and they confirmed me that the medicals are now available in the system.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Congrats :D

BB, how come you have to search for your medicals ? its wasnt you who required them and lost them .

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
eyeoftheocean said:
Congrats :D

BB, how come you have to search for your medicals ? its wasnt you who required them and lost them .
The IO asked us to call the doctor. the doctor will not follow it up unless we call them. CIC say they have no record of it... Im royally upset right now seriously!...
My medicals were done in january and i dont know if a tracking number will show up from all that time..

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Oh just also wanted to add. that because they dont have my medical on file, my work permit is open but limited. Cant work with kids or in health care... which is ok...
she told me that if my medical is located,. I have to reapply for a new work permit if i want to work in those fields.. FML..

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Mehwish9 said:
Congrats,what a huge relief.you are really lucky.wish best of luck to the rest.
thank you. I think i am very lucky too. I wa just telling dh the same thing too..

My "interview". was not even an interview really. she just wanted to inquire abt the medical and all the missing information that Vegreville had screwed up. Took copies of everything (again)
Luckily before i sent the application, i had copies of EXACTLY everything i sent!. which i carried.. plus my FOSS notes.
And that is how i knew what i sent!.

My advise to you?,, call cic and make sure everything is on file you just cant trust them! obviously!.

I do wish everyone my kind of luck!..
I realise i am very lucky!!. she said she put my file infront of the line because really its straight forward!.

Best of luck everyone!!. I hope and wish everyones case goes as smoothly as mine well almost!. withought the misplaced documentation that is!..

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
Blackberry I am so happy for you that things went well today. Its a shame that they screwed things up but it sure explains why someone who should have been so straightforward ended up in the queue with the rest of us!!

Congratulations on this next step in your life in Canada!

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Hey BB - CONGRATULATIONS! I'm glad for your family..you guys really deserve it.

I bet its a wonderful feeling to take a deep breath finally :)

Best wishes on getting settled and finding a job...it won't be long.

:-*

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
congratulations!

Tuggie

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6, 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
BB,

Congratulations! I've read a lot of your posts and it sounds like it has been incredibly hard for you -- because of the process (and the mess ups) that CIC has put you through.

All the best to you.

Keep us updated as you complete your immigration process.

Sincerely,
Tuggie

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Black-Berry said:
At least my IO told me she wont transfer it back to vegreville but she will do it all herself :D .. so we are looking at within the month :) ....
Sounds like you know what you're gonna get for X-mas? ;)

Congrats! It looks like the end is a smooth ride for you. Let's hope these CIC screw-ups are exeptional.

R

robrod

No kiddin'...
Big Congrats, BB!...
I bet you've been busy today getting a driver's license and Health Card... yipppy!..

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
yes.. Going to do my drivers test today and calready called abt my health insurance and everything is oskar Kilo :D

I just wanted to BRAG
Seriously!!. OMG!!!. I have the most coolest visa officer!!!. i was expecting a mean operson who is determined to separate me and my family but imterribly amazed and i sit here and i just wanna cry!!.

She has already called me to day (TWICE!) first to find out how i was doign, to apologise once again for the screw up this has caused , and to make sure im ok . Then she called again!. she has been able to locate a tracking number for my medicals, and to let me know she is personally on top of this!.
Seriously???... i am FLOORED!!!. I also realised she is one of the most senior VO in british colombia! :O!...She was pretty amazed by the screw up and said that this normally doesnt happen. She also told me that she was in the office late trying to resolve my missing medicals issue.

I wasnt expecting someone with a kind soul hahahaha i am honestly pleasantly surprised!.

R

robrod

We should all keep in mind that their job is not easy and to give them plenty of credit and gratitude as there are some officers who do go out of their way to serve justice and put an extra effort in cases like yourself or mine... and there's gotta be more out there, I'm sure of that.
We tend to complain more than to compliment, it's human nature.